As You’re Reading This…

May 4, 2012 · 36 comments

…I’m either in Colorado for the Blend Retreat, or I’m en route. Probably doing one of the following things:

1. Sitting on the airplane reading Fifty Shades of Grey on my iPad in public. Attempting to keep a straight face.

2. Showing up to the Blend Retreat in my loofah.

I thought about it.

3. Guessing the over/under I get to spend serious quality time with some of my favorite internet munchkins.

No, but seriously… I’m that creepy. I already told Lindsay I shotgun chilling with Clara at the first moment they’re less than 10 feet away from me.

4. Convincing Courtney that I’m the best roommate ever. And a fantastic snuggler. Sorry, Jay. I’m stealing her for the weekend.

5. Acting as sunscreen police. Everyone’s either going to love me or hate me for the lotion lectures and skin cancer stories that are gonna go down this weekend for our hikes in the sunshine.

(Aveeno graphic via)

6. Entertaining everyone at how graceful and bendy I’m going to be in my first real yoga class.

7. Overdosing on all the bars we’ll be getting from our swag bags. We’ve got a butt ton of sponsors up in huur, and I’m thrilled I won’t have to worry about my snack stock.

8. Crying because I hate living out of a suitcase. I can’t ever find anything. Ever. This might make me have to rescind my comment in #3; Courtney may not appreciate this.

9. Saying the word “Chautauqua.” …Over and over again. I kind of wish I lived there so I could say it every day. “Cha-tau-quaaa!”

10. Sitting in the corner pouting at bootcamp because my rib hurts. This is a slight possibility, as my ribs didn’t feel awesome after my first attempt with crunches on Wednesday night. I plan to take it easy and do the non-rib related moves to the best of my ability and pray for no pain (Tina and Lindsay, tell me it’s all squats and shoulder presses and we’re golden).

11. Beating everyone at Mall Madness. It’s on, girls of Missions Lodge. It’s. On.

via

I’m the best fake credit card-swiper this world has ever seen.

I’m also not so bad with the real thing. Which can sometimes present a problem.

1 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 4, 2012 at 6:42 am

Sounds so fun! I can’t wait to read all the recaps about it! Have a blast, dominate that Mall Madness board.
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Seven bowls of Fruit LoopsMy Profile

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 4, 2012 at 7:07 am

Will you please use your photoshopping skills to insert me into a few pictures this weekend? I should be your third bed mate, you know.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the great american grump outMy Profile

3 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health May 4, 2012 at 7:49 am

Um…I’m a fantastic snuggler too – and I’d snuggle with any day ;). I’m beyond jealous of everyone attending BLEND. I wanted to go so bad!! Have an amazing time! I so hope to meet you someday <3
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Cookies, NuNaturals, Healthy Bites, and IntervalsMy Profile

4 Blog is the New Black May 4, 2012 at 8:32 am

You crack me up…

5 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe May 4, 2012 at 8:47 am

Have a blast!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..WAHOO! I’ve been released!My Profile

6 Bailey May 4, 2012 at 9:02 am

Your so cute and funny and adorable and pretty annnnnnnd lovable!!! have a great time!

7 Presley @ Run Pretty May 4, 2012 at 9:32 am

I want to be a loofah… Like just randomly chillin at the mall. It doesn’t have to be halloween, right?

I bet y’all are going to have (or having) a blast!
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Baby M: 32 WeeksMy Profile

8 Carol May 4, 2012 at 10:02 am

You know what I love this post. It is really fun and your picture are great. Don’t you just love you “Annoying pose” 🙂
Carol recently posted..moving ratesMy Profile

9 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts May 4, 2012 at 10:06 am

Have a great time!!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..DisciplineMy Profile

10 Becca May 4, 2012 at 10:22 am

Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic trip!!! Have fun 🙂
Becca recently posted..Honey Chipotle SalmonMy Profile

11 Abby @ Change of Pace May 4, 2012 at 10:31 am

Have a great weekend! I hope you really did bring the loofah…
And being the sunscreen police is a good idea. I’m sure everyone could use the friendly reminder!
Abby @ Change of Pace recently posted..Jasper bound!My Profile

12 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 4, 2012 at 10:49 am

lol you are hilarious. i am also in love with clara… i just want to squeeze her little cheeks. have fun this weekend! wish i could be there!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..About Those Goals…My Profile

13 clare @ fittingitallin May 4, 2012 at 10:56 am

ANd I’ll either be actively bummed or thinking about being actively bummed that i’m not there. HAVE FUN!!
clare @ fittingitallin recently posted..Things I Don’t Want To Talk AboutMy Profile

14 Tina @ Best Body Fitness May 4, 2012 at 11:04 am

I promise to have lots of squats for you. Lots. You might not appreciate it so much then. 😉
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Fun Fact Friday–Travel EditionMy Profile

15 christina May 4, 2012 at 11:07 am

awwwwww i wish i was going too! 🙂
christina recently posted..The Friday FiveMy Profile

16 LeeAnn May 4, 2012 at 11:15 am

Welcome to Colorado! It is supposed to be gorgeous today and tomorrow 🙂 Hope you get to enjoy a nice high altitude run or hike 😉
LeeAnn recently posted..Rough NightMy Profile

17 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian May 4, 2012 at 11:39 am

1 and 4 just crack me up!!!

I have finished it, and it is AWESOME!! 🙂
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Funny car…My Profile

18 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 4, 2012 at 11:53 am

Clara desperately wants to chill with you. Her verbal skills are lacking, but she can show you how to eat a PB &J in 1.5 seconds.
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..how it all came aboutMy Profile

19 amy May 4, 2012 at 12:27 pm

yay im meeting you this weekend at blend!!

btw i am obsessed with the fact you were a loofah…i LOVE that. halloween costume for this yr i think…

20 Lisa May 4, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I remember Mall Madness! Total throwback lol.

Have a great time at the retreat. Sounds like it’ll be a blast.
Lisa recently posted..Heavy weights and Friday hoppingMy Profile

21 Lauren May 4, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hahaha, love your comments about Fifty Shades. I actually just finished the book but since I don’t have an ebook/iPad I read the book in the privacy of my own home!

I live in Boulder, CO! Enjoy your time here, it is an incredible place 🙂

22 Chelsea May 4, 2012 at 12:49 pm

You’re going to have a blast! I wish I had more blogger friends to do stuff like this with haha.
Chelsea recently posted..Do you know how excited I am for this right now?! Ordering the 8…My Profile

23 Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Now that I know Mall Madness is happening, I’m like EXTRA jealous.

24 KerriAnn May 4, 2012 at 12:57 pm

MALL MADNESS! Loved that game as a kid. Too bad I still treat my debit card like the ones in the game!!
KerriAnn recently posted..ChallengeMy Profile

25 Shannon May 4, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I remember when I was a kid, my parents wouldn’t let me play Mall Madness because they thought I was too young and impressionable. That I would then go off and then spend all of my money on yoga clothes, running shoes, and anything from Lululemon. Ahem, that plan backfired big time.
Enjoy Colorado!!! I grew up in Wyoming and LOVE the Denver area. Have a blast!
Shannon recently posted..The Week I Quit FacebookMy Profile

26 Amber K May 4, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Hope you have an amazing time! I always wanted Mall Madness as a child and never got it; I’ve never even played it. 😉
Amber K recently posted..My Grossest Pictures YetMy Profile

27 Danielle D May 4, 2012 at 4:13 pm

just found your blog and think it’s totes amazeeee. Mall Madness may or may not be the best game of the 90s. have fun!!!!!

28 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 4, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Haha enjoy being the sunscreen police … they may not appreciate it now, but they’ll thank you later! 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Kale Chips, Protein Bars, and even more Frozen Yogurt.My Profile

29 Lisa May 4, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Sound like too much fun! Have an amazing time! I have sadly never even played mall madness, where was this game when I was a child. Clearly I was missing out.
Lisa recently posted..Fit FridayMy Profile

30 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 4, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Have fun at the retreat! I can’t wait to hear how it went!

31 Victoria May 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

So jealous of everyone at Blend! Have fun!

32 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes May 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm

You guys are going have such a blast! Sneak a little Fifty Shades in during down time 🙂
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Peanut Butter Protein FudgeMy Profile

33 Kate @ life's precious moments May 5, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I am d.y.i.n.g to read that book! What do you think so far?!
Kate @ life’s precious moments recently posted..Public Health IntroductionMy Profile

34 Britta May 5, 2012 at 10:06 pm

LOVE the LOOFAH!!!!! hahaha so great, pretty sure that just made my day. THAT book is amazing.. but I couldn’t read it without making faces… people thought I was nuts while I was sitting on the bus, train, subway etc. Have a great weekend!
Britta recently posted..Market to BakingMy Profile

35 Kelly @ Femme Fitale May 7, 2012 at 12:02 am

Did you see the SNL Mother’s Day skit last night? 50 shades of grey… hilarious. I can’t seem to find a link, but worth watching.
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..May Shopping ListMy Profile

36 Jasper {crunchylittlebites} May 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

we are counting on you to give the finest report of this past weekends shenanigans 🙂
Jasper {crunchylittlebites} recently posted..Boy, do I love the mountains!My Profile