A Sour Ending

May 7, 2012 · 90 comments

I don’t think I can put into words how much I enjoyed the Blend Retreat this weekend. Honestly, it was one of the most fun weekends I’ve had in a very long time.

A ton of it thanks to these girls

…and a whole lot of it thanks to these girls:

It was pretty predictable I’d have a lot in common with my roomie, but I think we surpassed expectations.

I know. You love my Colorado hiking hair, don’t you? Tina did.

I can’t wait to catch you all up on all the sleepless activities we indulged in all weekend. You guys are going to be so sick of Blend recaps at the end of this week.

Yesterday’s breakfast with Court, Heather, Katie, Laura, Ashley, and Jillian

Speaking of sleepless, I’m currently a bit of a complete space cadet. My mind and my bod don’t do so well with less than 7- 8 hours sleep every night, and I’m running on about 5 hours sleep from each of the past four nights. I think I went through my 12 hours of traveling yesterday/last night in a bit of a hazy fog. Sorry if I said anything weird to those of you who saw me at the tail end of Blend… I can’t be held responsible* for anything that comes out of my mouth right now.

You want to hear just how big of a space cadet I really am? The wonderful Colleen and her husband Corey picked me up from the airport a little before midnight (I know what you’re thinking, and yes, they are sent from heaven above). When they dropped me off at my car on the street outside their apartment in downtown Richmond, I hurriedly (and sleepily) tried to load all my bags into my car and say goodbye to Colleen as traffic built up behind Corey’s car.

After I said goodbye to the angel that is Colleen, I felt like I was forgetting something.

**LESSON LEARNED: If you feel like you’re forgetting something, check the goshdarn car and make sure all your belongings are present.

My mom talked on the phone with me for the majority of my drive home so I didn’t end up with my forehead on the steering wheel. Just before 2:00 a.m., I finally pulled into my driveway.

This is the really, really crappy part.

My checked bag was nowhere to be found.

I didn’t check a bag on the way there, but since we got so many fantastic liquid food items from our sponsors and from the wonderful people at Love Grown Foods, I had to check my Vera Bradley duffel on the way back. I was so excited to try the White Girl Salsa from my friends at Love Grown Foods, to dump Xagave in my coffee every morning, and to put some jalapeno blueberry preserves (also from LGF) on my english muffins every morning.

I was so angry with myself. I assumed in my frazzled and sleepy state, I left the bag in Corey’s car, so told Colleen I would drive back tonight to grab my bag. Dumb, dumb, dumb, Alyssa.

Colleen then called me this morning on my way to work to tell me my bag isn’t in Corey’s car. The only thing that makes sense is that I put my bag down on the sidewalk and literally drove away.

My checked bag had all my clothes from the weekend. All my shoes. My new straightener. All my makeup and makeup brushes, my contacts, my moisturizers, my allergy medicine, every Lululemon article I own (which is only about 5 articles or so…BUT STILL!)… and a whole lot of my favorite clothes basics like my flats, skinny jeans, delicates, nude heels, and tank tops.

I know I should consider myself very, very lucky I had my wallet, phone, DSLR camera, running shoes, and work iPad with me… but still. All that crap is going to be a big pain and a whole lot of money to replace. The materialistic part of me is so distraught, and the overtired part of me just wants to curl up into a ball.

Did I mention I also get a little melodramatic when I’m overtired?

I really had a great weekend I can’t wait to tell you all about.  I just need to get over the hump of this sour ending, take a nap, and regroup before I recount it all. :)

Now please, go embrace your moisturizers, hair straighteners, clothes, and contacts for me. Mine most likely has a new home with someone who hit the jackpot on the streets of Richmond.

Enjoy that White Girl Salsa, Xagave, and -4.00 contacts, dude. Grrr.

*I will also not be held responsible for anything in here that doesn’t make any sense. My forehead is about to hit my desk.

1 Yellow Haired Girl May 7, 2012 at 10:19 am

NOOO! That’s so crappy. You are lucky to have your camera/iPad/etc with you … but that is SO SUCKY! I turn into a complete crazy person when I’m lacking sleep, too. I feel for ya.

I hope you catch up on some sleep soon!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..I’m a Zumba Instructor!My Profile

2 Cait @ Beyond Bananas May 7, 2012 at 10:22 am

So sorry you lost your stuff! Perhaps there is some sort of identifying item in there.. and some kind soul picked it up and will get in touch with you?!!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Wish I could have gone and met all of you wonderful ladies! Maybe next year!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..I am a Tough Mudder!My Profile

3 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry May 7, 2012 at 10:24 am

That really, really sucks. Such a damper on what was probably an amazing weekend. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would be devastated! Of course things can always be worse…but still. Craptastic.

I am glad you had such a great time otherwise though, and I’m pumped for your recaps! You go and get over your hump, regroup it up, and have a spectacular napular!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..A Sport Conference for Just the LadiesMy Profile

4 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) May 7, 2012 at 10:34 am

Oh my gosh. Someone is going to be very excited to when the left-behind bag giveaway, but that totally sucksssss. I’d be in tears, especially since I don’t own too many nice clothing items and such, so I’d probably have packed them all. Any chance someone can find your name somewhere on the bag and return it to you?
So jealous of your weekend at BLEND, but totally bummed for you and the bag fiasco :/
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Cinco de Derby SuccessMy Profile

5 Sana May 7, 2012 at 10:35 am

Uhhh that sucks! Even if someone found it, would they be able to get it back to you?

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:45 am

I’m not sure I have any identifying stuff in there… but it’s downtown Richmond, so it’s unlikely it was a kind soul who found it at 3 a.m. waaaah.

7 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane May 7, 2012 at 10:35 am

oh no!!! I would have been a wreck too! That really stinks :( Have you tried going back to check that sidewalk? If it was in front of the airport, someone may have taken it in to lost and found. ::big hug:: I hope something great happens today to make up for it!
Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..She Works Hard for her RunningMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:46 am

unfortunately, it was in front of Colleen’s apartment, and when she checked, it wasn’t there. so sad.

9 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane May 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

Karma better hunt the thief down!!! ok that’s all I’m going to say lol must keep it PG

10 Hayley @ Running Down the Runway May 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

AH NO! That is absolutely terrible. I would be in the same distraught form as you. I am so forgetful when I’m tired too and am notorious for losing things. It’s a total bummer. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that someone returns it! You never know!

If not, you could always go stalking the streets of Richmond and tackle the person that’s wearing your clothes :)

11 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile May 7, 2012 at 10:41 am

Oh nooo!!! I’m so sorry you left that, what a bummer :(
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..3 lb. Bag of BroccoliMy Profile

12 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian May 7, 2012 at 10:48 am

Oh no!! I hope the person who found it contacts you so you can get it back!
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Welp I CavedMy Profile

13 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 7, 2012 at 10:49 am

I feel absolutely horrible! What a shitty way to end a fun weekend :(
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Any Body Can Be a Fit BodyMy Profile

14 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 7, 2012 at 10:52 am

Oh no! Losing a bag while traveling is one of my biggest fears! Is your name/# anywhere on the bag in case someone finds it?
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Zella Day of MovementMy Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:47 am

I wish it was.. I don’t think it’s anywhere in there.

16 Heather @ Better With Veggies May 7, 2012 at 10:53 am

Oh no – I can’t believe you lost your bag! I was a bit of a space cadet myself, I’m relieved I made it home with all my stuff. It was a close one. Your post is a little more coherent than the one I wrote last night, if that makes you feel any better. :( Maybe someone will have turned your bag into security?
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..A Weekend of Blend — A Weekend to Remember!My Profile

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:47 am

hahah. seriously… I am brain-dead. I wish – I left it on the sidewalk at Colleen’s apartment!

18 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! May 7, 2012 at 10:54 am

ahhh man im so sorry! that sucks! Glad you had a super fun weekend though besides that little part!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Really Crazy Fun Concert & Grillin’ TimeMy Profile

19 Holly May 7, 2012 at 10:55 am

Girl, I want to cry for you. Seriously. What a bummer. :( :( I’m crossing my fingers that there is SOME small possibility that there is a way that someone found it & is hoping to get back in touch with you…if there is some identification on your bag. UGH. What a terrible way to end the fun weekend.
At first I was hoping you were going to say you left it at the airport, which would of been ideal, that way you could just call the airline & pick it up. :(
I’m so sorry!!!!
Holly recently posted..How Workouts Have ChangedMy Profile

20 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 7, 2012 at 10:56 am

Sad about your bag. Sad we didn’t get to play Mall Madness. Sad that Clara didn’t kiss you.
GLAD to have met you and hugged you and laughed with you! This weekend ROCKED!

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

haaha. I got that raspberry in whether she liked it or not. I’m not sad we got to take a tequila shot together ;) I just need to plan a trip to Franklin for Mall Madness and Clara/Henry kisses!

22 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 7, 2012 at 10:58 am

Oh girl…let’s just keep our fingers crossed that there’s somebody really awesome out there who’s going to somehow get it back to you. :(
And here I was about to come and comment on the fact that it felt amazing to finally be able to shave my armpits this morning…
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Touring with Love Grown FoodsMy Profile

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:49 am

HAHAHA. it’s the little victories in life, isn’t it? I almost texted you to tell you about the fiasco, but I was hoping you were catching up on sleep and/or getting your posts all fixed up. ;) I should have ended my post with “but on the plus side, my armpits feel so good!”

24 carmen May 7, 2012 at 11:01 am

So sad! I hope you get your stuff back somehow! As a Lululemon lover, I know how heartbreaking it would be to me to lose mine!

25 Amanda May 7, 2012 at 11:15 am

Oh nooo! You definitely picked it up from the airport right? I am in such a fog after running in a race yesterday and not getting a nap in … I know how it feels to have seemingly lost your mind! Hoping someone is able to return your bag to you!!!

26 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:54 am

I know I did… it’s so strange. it feels like it vanished!

27 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre May 7, 2012 at 11:22 am

Sooo sad that you lost your bag! I had a scare when my flight landed — my bag didn’t show up on the carousel because they flew it on an earlier flight since I checked in so early, so I know how you feel! At least you didn’t leave your iPhone in the security line! ;)

I’m having blend withdrawal already!
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..Can I Please Just Go Back to Bed?My Profile

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:54 am

HAHA. I neglected to note the whole almost-leaving-my-phone-at-security deal. I’M HAVING WITHDRAWALS, TOO!

29 Kate May 7, 2012 at 11:24 am

Did you just call the airport and see if anyone turned it in? I’ll think positively that some dude picked it up and realized none of that stuff interested him so he gave it to them!!

30 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 11:55 am

sadly, it wasn’t at the airport. I left it on the sidewalk at Colleen’s apartment. :(

31 Chelcie @ Chelcies FOod Files May 7, 2012 at 11:36 am

Gahhh I’m so sorry to hear that!! I know how you feel losing belongings is the worst feelin in the world, even though they are just “things” it’s really upsetting I’m really sorry!
Chelcie @ Chelcies FOod Files recently posted..Notes from the WeekendMy Profile

32 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 7, 2012 at 11:56 am

Ahhhh that really is awful! If it makes you feel better, in college when moving I literally had all the personal belongings i owned, except the big duffel I flew with of clothes, stolen… Taught me that material things really aren’t as important as I thought
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Oats, Oats, Oats Galore!My Profile

33 Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables May 7, 2012 at 12:12 pm

omg seriously that is awful, you aren’t being dramatic at all. I mean yea, it obviously could have been worse….but it’s still bad. Saying some prayers for you that somehow it turns up!!
Emilie @ Emilie’s Enjoyables recently posted..Cheesy Quinoa Chicken CasseroleMy Profile

34 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean May 7, 2012 at 12:27 pm

omg girl, i’m so sorry! that SUCKS so much!!! :( on the bright side, i had a great time meeting you this weekend!!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..SRC: Avocado Dipped Sweet Potato FriesMy Profile

35 Lena @Fit on the Rocks May 7, 2012 at 12:28 pm

omg you’re holding it together better than I would have. I once lost some a bag of *mostly* insignificant things, and you would have thought someone just kidnapped my dog. So sorry to hear that your weekend had to end on such a crappy note, but I’m glad I got to at least meet you!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..A Wicked Blend WeekendMy Profile

36 Heather May 7, 2012 at 12:28 pm

obvious advice of the day: call the Richmond PD and tell them about it! If it turns up, they can contact you.

I hope a Blend Retreat MIRACLE happens and you get your stuff back, dear!!

xoxox
Heather recently posted..Tart & Sweet & Good for RecoveryMy Profile

37 Lindsay @ LindsayInNYC May 7, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Ooh, that’s a good idea!! Call the local PD and let them know in case it does turn up? Hopefully someone’s not so dumb to think it was garbage or something.

Thinking lots of positive thoughts for you and your bag!!
Lindsay @ LindsayInNYC recently posted..The Shops at TargetMy Profile

38 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:14 am

I did just that yesterday morning. I think my belongings are gone forever, but it was worth a shot!

39 Alex @ therunwithin May 7, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Oh no, I am so sorry. Losing anything really bothers me especially when I think it is my fault that I forgot it. Hopefully you can get back a lot of the stuff – hey an excuse to shop right?
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Don’t Take Away My Safety BlanketMy Profile

40 sarah @ sarah learns May 7, 2012 at 12:45 pm

gah. i’m glad you had such a good time at blend, but what a bummer about your bag. :(

i would feel the same way. my practical side would say that it can all be replaced, but the rest of me would be so upset.
sarah @ sarah learns recently posted..seven things…mondayMy Profile

41 Kate @ life's precious moments May 7, 2012 at 12:47 pm

That is always terrible when you have a great weekend and a sour ending! I am so sorry you lost your bag. But slowly but surely you are going to replace everything and it will be better than before! I know it stinks and it is hard to see the positive.. but who doesn’t love a reason to shop?

Hope your Monday goes well and you are a little more rested!
Kate @ life’s precious moments recently posted..The Weekend Report: 5.4-5.6My Profile

42 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola May 7, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I’m so glad that you had such a wonderful trip and I can’t wait to hear all about it! But that is so sad about your bag! I’m sure you tried- but maybe airport security or someone picked it up and is holding it?? Worth a phone call at least. So sorry though, what a sad way to end your great trip!
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..This Little PiggyMy Profile

43 Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness May 7, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Oh no!! I’m so sorry to hear about the bad end to an amazing weekend!
Did you try going back to the area where your car was parked? Maybe it’s still there? I couldn’t even imagine! You have every right to be upset about it, I would lose my mind too.

I hope it magically appears back! On a happy note, I can’t wait to see your Blend Retreat re-cap!

44 Alysia @ Slim Sanity May 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

such a bummer!! maybe it will turn up somehow? think positive :)

or, I guess on the bright side you have a reason to go shopping?
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..speed burst treadmill workoutMy Profile

45 Tina @ Best Body Fitness May 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm

BOOOO! I can’t believe that happened. I would be super pissed and bummed and want to cry too. Virtual hug.

PS – I miss you.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Move It Monday: Bootcamp StyleMy Profile

46 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm

omgosh, I MISS YOU. you and your criminal ways. ;)

47 Amber K May 7, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Ugh, that’s awful! I hope by some sort of karma that it will magically show up. I hate losing things, but even more so when it is that many at once!
Amber K recently posted..Dance Floor ConfrontationMy Profile

48 katie May 7, 2012 at 2:06 pm

So sorry and so ugly someone would take it, I am sorry girl but at least the weekend was hell amazing!!!

So glad I got to meet you! <3
katie recently posted..{Simply} amazing hikeMy Profile

49 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 2:09 pm

so true. :) I am still thanking my lucky stars I had a wonderful weekend and got back safe. gotta be thankful for the good stuff!

50 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers May 7, 2012 at 3:06 pm

oh nooooo! that is miserable! i’m so sorry. <– i was about to write, "i'm so sorry for your loss," but that seemed a taaaad dramatic. which i thought you might like, actually. ;)
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..NYC and Boston BoundMy Profile

51 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm

R.I.P. green skinny jeans. R.I.P. makeup brushes. R.I.P. nude flats.

a formal invitation to the wake will follow.

52 Thao May 7, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Oy… That’s the worst feeling… When you lose something and knowing where you left it… I’ve hard that happen to me several times throughout my undergrad career. I lost my ipod, a pair of running shoes. etc…. Hopefully someone nice found your bag and will locate you and return your stuff (since your name should be one that tag they stick on checked bags). I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
Thao recently posted..I won the lottery!!!!!!!My Profile

53 Lisa May 7, 2012 at 3:55 pm

So glad you had a great time at the retreat! Um, that is awful news about all your stuff! I would be pretty ticked off too. That is so sad. Maybe the person who found it will be super nice and return it? You can only hope. That happened to my sister in Mexico, luckily the person called the airport to return it, so you never know!
Lisa recently posted..Snacky SconesMy Profile

54 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 7, 2012 at 3:58 pm

oh girl, i’m SO sorry to hear of this. :( i would be upset too. you still manage to be hilarious and optimistic even in crappy situations though. props to you for that.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..HappierMy Profile

55 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:21 am

:) thanks, ashley. I’m coming to find that everything that happens in life can be handled better with a good state of mind. so….. now I’m just telling myself I’m going on a fun shopping spree for new stuff and trying to forget the old, sentimental stuff.

56 Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life May 7, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Awwwwwwwww, that sucks :( BIG HUGE SADFACE for you :( I bet if you tell some of those awesome sponsors this true, totally not over-dramatic, story they will send some more swag your way!!
Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life recently posted..Blend Part 1 + {From Obese to Healthy}My Profile

57 katie May 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm

That is SO upsetting and I’m impressed with the way you are handling it. UGhhhhh!! Yes, it could have been much worse but I’m sure it still stings! Here’s hoping that it is miraculously returned to you, you never know!!

58 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 7, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Oh I’d easily be just as upset. :( Yes, they are just things. But those things still cost money to replace. Not cool. I’m so sorry, Alyssa. Hugs to you!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Fried lemons and Krispy Kreme Milkshakes.My Profile

59 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 7, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Ahhhh no! How sucky :(
Glad the weekend was phenomenal though!!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Personal Trainer for a Day–Trainer CourtneyMy Profile

60 janetha May 7, 2012 at 7:23 pm

what? holy shit. i am so sorry. this is the worst blend recap ever.. you poor lady!!! :( i love you.

61 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:19 am

hahah. it really is the worst recap ever. don’t worry… it all gets better from here (because… uh… it has to).

I MISS YOU ALREADY.

62 Brie May 7, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Oh my heart sank for you when I read this! So shitty!! I had an airline lose my main checked bag once over Christmas. Unfortunately, it was when I was flying home so I lost all my xmas presents, all my main – everyday clothes, pretty much my life! So I totally know how you feel. And yes, it SUCKED having to replace things – like bras which suck to shop for in the first place lol. Luckily, they did locate my luggage 6 WEEKS later! But by that point, I had replaced most things.

Was the airline luggage tag still on it? Maybe the person that picked it up will be kind enough to take it back to the airport….*fingers crossed*
Brie recently posted..From Away, by Michelle Ferguson + Q&A and a Giveaway!My Profile

63 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:19 am

I really hope so, but I’m doubting it. I contact the police and the airport. waah.

64 Katie May 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Oh.my.gosh. I want to sit down and weep for you. Gaaaaaaaaah. I can send you more swag bags if that will help ease your pain!!

It was absolutely fantastic amazing wonderful lovely to meet you this weekend. Thanks for being there and making it great! xoxo
Katie recently posted..BLEND 2012My Profile

65 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:18 am

Oh, Katie… that would be AMAZING, but I wouldn’t want you to have to go to a lot of trouble to do so! and I l-o-v-e-d meeting you as well, beautiful friend. I hope Adrienne didn’t miss you too much. :)

66 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables May 7, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I will never again complain about my luggage not making it with me on my flight!! I’m so sorry girl!! This made me sick to my stomach!
It was wonderful meeting you this weekend! :)

67 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 2:08 pm

it was great meeting you too, sweet thing!

68 Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl May 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Seriously bum. Sorry to hear. We were always on the go go go. and with lack of sleep… bum. Like you said, least you didn’t lose your phone, keys, ids, etc… so glad Katie has offered to send you more swag. yay. well, if you get a chance again…do try the white girl salsa. totally worth it. And just email Amy at Xagave… I’m sure she’ll send you some.

Pleasure meeting you Alyssa and hanging out at Avery’s.
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..Oatmeal Toppings Celebrates Cinco de Mayo – Ole!My Profile

69 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:17 am

you too, lady! I hope your trip back home was a little less eventful than mine. ;)

70 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 7, 2012 at 9:12 pm

NOOOOOOO!!!! I would be soooo upset if that happened to me. You are definitely not overreacting. You’re probably underreacting!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts fridayMy Profile

71 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:16 am

…still weeping over all my jewelry that is gone. I’m definitely still freaking out, don’t worry. ;)

72 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 7, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I’m so sorry that you lost your stuff! I thought that the airport lost it, but that’s sad that someone from Richmond probably took it :( .
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Indy Mini-Marathon & 5K Recap 2012My Profile

73 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 7, 2012 at 10:26 pm

That is so very, very sad!!! Poor thing! People are such jerks sometimes.

It was absolutely wonderful meeting you this weekend. I hope your week gets better!
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Purposeful RunningMy Profile

74 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:15 am

it was wonderful meeting YOU, laura! and omg… the truffle salt. I’ve used it twice already since buying it at 5 p.m. yesterday.

75 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 8, 2012 at 11:19 am

I love that you went right out and bought it1 I have some white truffle salt from Italy that I’m hoarding. It’s *almost* better than dessert. :)

76 Amanda May 8, 2012 at 4:03 am

Awww girrrrrl! That stinks! At least it’s only “things” huh… Sucky. Hugs xoxo

77 Gillian May 8, 2012 at 7:41 am

What a stressful end to a lovely weekend! Have you checked with the airport?
Gillian recently posted..Cherry Blossom WeekendMy Profile

78 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 8:15 am

yep. no luck. :(

79 Claire May 8, 2012 at 10:10 am

Claire recently posted..Is Panic Away Any GoodMy Profile

80 Mollie May 8, 2012 at 10:51 am

Gah! OMG! I would be crying in a corner, too! Sorry to hear about the tragic end to your amazing weekend :( I hope you somehow get it back!
Mollie recently posted..Tilapia foil packetsMy Profile

81 Ashley May 8, 2012 at 11:26 am

Aw, I love that breakfast photo of the table! It’s so fun visiting everyone’s blogs and seeing new photos pop up!! Great meeting you this weekend. Hope to see you again next year!!!

82 Ashley May 8, 2012 at 11:29 am

That is so terrible about your bag. :( But I can totally see how that happened because the weekend was EXhausting!
Ashley recently posted..boulder colorado blogger retreatMy Profile

83 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I’m so glad you say that, because my friends all think I’m nuts. I think it’ll be a good week before my brain starts functioning at full capacity. ;)

84 Calee (@chimes) May 8, 2012 at 12:35 pm

UGH. SUCK. That is exactly why I didn’t want to fly. Obviously you didn’t have much of a choice, but other than the fact that it was a huge time-suck, driving and flying (cost-wise) were a wash. I didn’t have to think about what to pack or leaving my bag somewhere or losing anything. I’m going to try to fit all my stuff for 4 days in Boston next month in my carry-on. This could be interesting.

Have fun shopping to replace stuff. It is going to suck money-wise, but at least you’ll get to pick out some new stuff.

And 5 items from lulu? I spent almost $300 on 4. Five is an investment. SUCK!
Calee (@chimes) recently posted..BLEND Half-Assed RecapMy Profile

85 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 8, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I SAW THAT on Twitter!! i’m so jealous of your new lulu gear!

86 Jessica May 8, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Oh my gosh! That sucks! I am so sorry this happened to you. Good thing your electronics weren’t in the bag, but I would be just as dramatic about it! Hopefully you find some good deals when you replace everything.
Jessica recently posted..Blend Day Two: On Top of the WorldMy Profile

87 Jessica May 8, 2012 at 4:25 pm

O you poor dear! I have had my luggage disappear before and from reading between the lines, you behaved much more like an adult than I did! Best of luck with the replacements!

88 Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run May 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Oh no!!! I’ve done something of the sort before, too…only it was a diaper bag. lol All my kids’ supplies: diapers, wipes, jackets, everything…and it was at the beginning of the trip! We left the damn bag at a rest area somewhere in WV!

But the best part about losing some clothes?

“It’s cool at the mall, it’s cool at the mall!” ;)
Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run recently posted..Monday Runspiration – 11 Weeks Out!My Profile

89 Barry May 9, 2012 at 12:39 pm