A Confession & A Plan

May 21, 2012 · 31 comments

I’m about to confess something I’m sure you guys have been able to tell from my post-surgery updates, vacation notes, and photos like these captured by Ashley.

[Her photography portfolio is to die for.. of course she would capture that business.]

My fitness and nutrition have kinda taken a backseat to life for the past few months.

Yes, I have been making healthy decisions.

But I have also been not-so-regretfully indulging while recuperating, while traveling, while on vacation, and while, well… living.

Take note that I say I don’t regret it. I know my mind and body needed the comfort food after surgery, and I know it was worth it to get those spiked shakes and sweet potato fries at 25 Degrees while we were in L.A. I wouldn’t change any of it.

What I do want to change now, however, is the fact that I’ve lost a ton of muscle tone, I’ve gained a few extra pounds, and I’m running much slower than I used to. Yes, the slower running is in my newest running plan, but I’d prefer to be back in shape and training with speedwork days, too.

You may remember Jim’s plan, and no, I haven’t abandoned this. I have adapted my regular eating habits to reflect Jim’s plan for the most part just as I intended. I eat small meals every three hours, I buy the different products he recommended for me, and I’ve just been… well, adding to that lately.

Now, I’m starting something completely new. After meeting the wonderful people of Fitmixer at the Blend Retreat in Colorado, I was more than happy to try their program. Enter: Fitmixer Boot Camp. Fitmixer provides me with a meal plan tailored to my goals and activity level, Fitmixer aminos and protein powder (both are delicious.. I actually crave the amino drinks!), and daily workout routines.

Since I was in California when the program officially began last Monday, I started a little late. My before photos were taken, my starting weight was recorded, and I joined in with Friday’s workout this weekend. Holy moly, am I ready to see some results after those challenging moves. One workout in, I’m already sold. I love being challenged with moves I have never tried before.

So, I’ll keep you guys updated with my progress with Fitmixer’s Boot Camp. The meal plan is a little different than Jim’s is, and it appears as though I’ll be doing more weight-bearing exercises and less cardio than I’m used to. I’m ready to see what my body does with this new change-up.

And while we’re on the subject of new endeavors, guess what else I’m diving back into?

Tomorrow’s a big day…

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 21, 2012 at 9:53 am

A regimented program like that can be great for getting back on track. I’m trying to get back in to gear after a too-indulgent weekend. 🙂
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Food, Fun & SunMy Profile

2 Kailey May 21, 2012 at 10:01 am

YAY YAY YAY I love it all, but I’m mostly excited about this last part. It’s really all about ATTACKING life, and I love that and YOU! xoxoxo
Kailey recently posted..This Week’s…My Profile

3 Mattie @ Comfy and Confident May 21, 2012 at 10:13 am

This plan looks great! I have fallen off the band wagon of healthy eating and exercise recently and I decided today was the day I am going to shape up and focus! I am excited to follow you while you do the same!
Mattie @ Comfy and Confident recently posted..A New StartMy Profile

4 Courtney May 21, 2012 at 10:21 am

That plan sounds great! I can’t find how much it costs on the website, though. Do you have that information?
Courtney recently posted..New Training PlanMy Profile

5 Cait @ Beyond Bananas May 21, 2012 at 10:25 am

Good for you for being okay with just living when the opprotunities present itsefl. You don’t want to look back on any of the things you’ve been doing and wish you had enjoyed it just a little bitmore!

I’ve been going off track recently too.. and I am doing so much better at just moving past it and not dwelling on it… but am hoping to get more serious and buckle down.. especially since we are approaching 2 months til the wedding!!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Snickerdoodle MuffinsMy Profile

6 Emily May 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

I also feel it is important to live your life & not be weighed down or made to feel guilty by missing out on gym time and/or meal plans, but all within some self control of course! I feel like i’m in need of a new gym routine & eating plan – can’t wait to read about your progress & maybe check it out for myself!
Emily recently posted..Move it, Move itMy Profile

7 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots May 21, 2012 at 10:37 am

this plan sounds awesome! But good for you for living life and not dwelling on anything, sometimes we need to let ourselves go a little to have that boost to motivate ourselves to kick it into higher gear!

8 Heather (Heather's Dish) May 21, 2012 at 10:40 am

So stoked for you girl! I’m jumping back on the bandwagon as we speak and it’s so refreshing to be getting back in shape post-(baby)surgery 🙂
Heather (Heather’s Dish) recently posted..Beer Marinated Grilled ChickenMy Profile

9 Julie @ Running and Riley May 21, 2012 at 11:01 am

Good for you! 😀 It’s awesome that you listened to your body, took some time to do you thing, and jumped back on the wagon. You’ll be back stronger and better than ever!
Julie @ Running and Riley recently posted..Tablerock: Day OneMy Profile

10 carol May 21, 2012 at 11:23 am

Its nice to hear about your health.Eat some nutritious foods.Thanks for sharing it.
carol recently posted..anxiety tipsMy Profile

11 Mary @ Have the world on a string May 21, 2012 at 11:59 am

I’m with you lady! I had a scary-similar experience with skin cancer last month and got a little too involved with B&J’s greek frozen yogurt 🙂

Good luck getting back into it! I’ll be reading for inspiration…I have a couple 5k’s coming up and a summer of sweet vacay’s. Gotta shape up!
Mary @ Have the world on a string recently posted..Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam – COUNTDOWN!My Profile

12 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers May 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Good luck with the new plan. I’ve fallen off the wagon lately. I can’t run due to my injury, and the extra laziness that goes with that has led to a little extra splurging. I guess I’m just not quite as dedicated to a healthy diet when I don’t get my sweat on in the morning!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Belated BlogiversaryMy Profile

13 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I’ve been in the same boat lately. I don’t regret my choices, but I know that I can be making healthier ones, especially since my wedding is less than 2 months away!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A Michigan Bridal ShowerMy Profile

14 Tracy May 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I love you so much more now after spotting The Last Five Years in your sheet music mix. If you can play that ish I’ll be super crazy impressed.

15 Amber K May 21, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Having a plan to get back into the groove has definitely helped me. Otherwise I feel like I’m flying blind and end up giving in far too quickly. Good for you!
Amber K recently posted..Super Busy WeekendMy Profile

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I’ll be curious your thoughts with the plan. Lindsay from Linday’s List did a vlog the other day about how she’s struggling with the calorie counting part of the plan … she doesn’t want to have to count calories because she used to do it when she had some disordered eating. But I hope it goes well for you! 🙂
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Saturday Morning at the Farmers’ Market (+ a Panini recipe!)My Profile

17 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries May 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!! Please text me and tell me how it goes! xoxo <3
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Fitness Results, FINALLY!My Profile

18 Lisa May 21, 2012 at 3:44 pm

That’s great you don’t regret those choices you previously made, you got to live your life to the fullest. I understand that you want to get your healthy eating and exercising back in action, and it sounds like this plan is going to be an awesome choice! I’ve heard lots about the fitmixer bootcamp and wish I signed up now! Maybe next time. Good luck with the plan lady!
Lisa recently posted..Carrot cake granola and winner!My Profile

19 julie May 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm

sounds like a beast of a plan to me!! can’t wait to hear how it goes. word around town is fitmixer is rockin’ everyones socks!
julie recently posted..last weekend versus this weekendMy Profile

20 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition May 21, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Good luck! Boot camps are supposed to be great for you
Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition recently posted..25 Tips for a better lifeMy Profile

21 Easa May 22, 2012 at 1:13 am

I think all you fitmixer bootcampers should talk s about each other on your respective blogs 🙂