Sunday Funday

April 30, 2012 · 24 comments

Sunday Funday defined, according to urbandictionary.com:

Yesterday, the party pants were on, indeed.

The green party pants.

I showed up on my friend Meghan’s doorstep at 10:30 sharp to get the party started. Laura, Meghan, Autumn, and I had front row balcony seats to see Hairspray at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. Best Sunday ever, right?

Good morning, bloody marys. Good morning, mimosas.

And Good Morning, Baltimore.

The show was great, the drinks were delicious, our lunch was fantastic (note to self: must buy truffle oil), and the time with my long lost girlfriends was wonderful.

(I actually only have blonde friends. And yes, we really are that put together.)

After the show, Laura and I kept the funday train going with a Shore Drive cookout. Chloe and I had a blasty blast.

And then I took my alien friend home and went to bed. Top notch Sunday Funday.

Comments
  • Alysia @ Slim Sanity April 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Sunday Funday’s are better than Friday or Saturday nights, if you ask me…
    Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..plank a dayMy Profile

• Sara April 30, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I LOVE those yellow heels!!!! Where did you get them?

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

I CAN’T REMEMBER. they’re a part of the monstrous collection. I’m sorry!

• chelcie @ chelcie's food files April 30, 2012 at 2:29 pm

sounds like you had such an awesome day! I’m actually obsessed with your pants/outfit in general
    and Hairspray is one of my favorite shows EVER
    chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Easy Sunday DinnerMy Profile

• Katie @ Katie Moves April 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Love your outfit!! The heels are so cute and I love green! :)
    Katie @ Katie Moves recently posted..Morning Wake-Up CallMy Profile

• Patti @ This Starts Tonight April 30, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Theatre is always better with a drink or two in you! (Unless you’re onstage…then it’s just more dangerous :p) When I ran a theatre with my BF, all of our shows were BYOB. I think my brother drank a whole six pack of local beer at Romeo and Juliet, and was yelling for us to kiss during the balcony scene, lol. See? Way more fun.
    Patti @ This Starts Tonight recently posted..Puff’dMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

HAHA. yeah, talk about an unpredictable audience situation!

• Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers April 30, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Looks like fun to me! It’s been too long since I’ve had a bloody mary. Perhaps mary will have to join me on my next lake outing…

I adore those shoes with the green pants. Too cute!
    Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Potatoes Au GraciasMy Profile

• Yellow Haired Girl April 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Love love love the heels + pants combo, girl.
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..My Current FavesMy Profile

• Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 30, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I saw Hairspray in New York a few years ago, and I LOVED it!! Glad you guys enjoyed it, as well!! :)
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Everything but the race.My Profile

• Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath April 30, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Those are some pretty cute party pants– I like them a lot! :)
    Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Quotable SundayMy Profile

• Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola April 30, 2012 at 5:17 pm

This sounds like an awesome Sunday Funday! I love Hairspray! It’s definitely one of my favorite musicals! And I love your green pants! Super cute! I had my own Sunday Funday yesterday at brunch with my girlfriends at this amazing restaurant!
    Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Foodie Pen Pals Round 2My Profile

• Megan @ The I-Do Diaries April 30, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Sounds like you had a Sunday Funday indeed! I love those green pants, I’ve been meaning to take the plunge and find some bright-colored skinnies. Oh, and I am seriously jealous of your drinks. They sound delish right about now!
    Megan @ The I-Do Diaries recently posted..A Visit to Kentucky for Evan and Danielle’s Wedding!My Profile

• Rachel April 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I love your blazer. Do you mind me asking where you got it?

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

when in doubt, always assume everything (or 80%) of Alyssa’s wardrobe is from Express. :)

• Shannon April 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Wow, the alien picture is a trip!!
    SUNDAY FUNDAY IS SUCH A FUN DAY! Looks like a blast :).
    Where are your yellow shoes from? I’m having major shoe envy…
    Shannon recently posted..That Time I Did the Color Run and Movie Review MondayMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

I actually got them a long time ago! I’m not sure where they came from, sadly…

• alyssa April 30, 2012 at 7:53 pm

OH OH OH

WOKE UP TODAY

FEELING THE WAY

i ALLLWAYSSS DOOOOO
    alyssa recently posted..impossible is nothing.My Profile

• chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 30, 2012 at 8:35 pm

ooooo look at those yellow pumps!!!!
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..sushi saturday and some updatesMy Profile

• christina April 30, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Sunday Fundays are my FAVE! Esp if they involve mimosas. I love your green jeans. I have mint cords and wear them a lot.
    christina recently posted..New, Fun Food Finds!My Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

mint/green is so “in” right now… luckily for us! ;)

• Lisa May 1, 2012 at 12:01 am

Love your pants combined with the yellow heels. Too cute. Sunday Fundays are usually the best nights/days of the week. The day is always better when it starts with drinks!
    Lisa recently posted..April FavouritesMy Profile

• janae@hungryrunnergirl.com May 1, 2012 at 10:15 am

I want to join your Sunday Funday, you and your friends always have a good time! Your green party pants are the cutest things in the world!

• Abby @ Change of Pace May 1, 2012 at 11:34 am

Sounds like a fabulous Sunday Funday! The green/yellow combo looks awesome.
    Abby @ Change of Pace recently posted..Knock on wood…My Profile