GUESS WHAT I DID?

April 25, 2012 · 35 comments

I am struggle city lately when it comes to waking up in the morning… seriously. It must be because I just can’t seem to put down the awful book I’m reading at night (good LORD, Fifty Shades of Grey) but I’m now waking up and snoozing for 10 minutes.

Does that even make sense? I’ve never been unable to stop reading a bad book. This is weird. It’s like a bad car accident. I can’t look away.

But anyway, I never snooze. The snooze button was made for lazy bums. Once I’m awake, I’m normally up and at ‘em.

So, in efforts to wake myself up in the morning, I ‘ve set my alarm as my second favorite song (Andy still takes first place.. he’s my ringtone).

I plan to wake up like Cameron Diaz in Charlie’s Angels every morning. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Also, this video made my day yesterday.

Thank you, Colleen, for this. Anyone who is or has been at the “not too young, but not that old” stage of 24 years old will get it:

My favorite line is “doesn’t matter if I stumble on my parent’s insurance”

‘Cause… well, yeah.

And! GUESS WHAT I DID?

I yogged. With no pain. I took dear Chloe for a little walk, and I was explaining to her that I was going to try to run soon since my rib hadn’t hurt at all that day (it really only hurts if I do something weird… like hoist myself up with my arms or flex my abs).

Since Chloe’s brain is so fantastical, she heard the word “run” and started galloping. I did a little hop-skip to keep up, realizing I felt no rib pain.

So, in a scene not unlike Forrest Gump shedding his leg braces, I started running again.

And yes, I did sport that face he makes at 1:12.

1 Katie @ Katie Moves April 25, 2012 at 9:41 am

I love a good yog with dogs! Good for you- hopefully you’ll be injury free soon :)

2 Sarah April 25, 2012 at 9:41 am

hah I’ m not 24 yet but definitely still found that video hilarious! Nice job on your yog!
Sarah recently posted..Easy ComfortMy Profile

3 Erin Kidd April 25, 2012 at 9:42 am

I love the 24 song. Sounds like my life haha

Why did we have to grow up?
Erin Kidd recently posted..I Have the Best ValentinesMy Profile

4 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts April 25, 2012 at 9:54 am

haha that video just made my day :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Pho & BratsMy Profile

5 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 25, 2012 at 9:57 am

hahaha i LOVE the 24 video. an ode to us born in 88! chyea!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..The English-Australian AccentMy Profile

6 Yellow Haired Girl April 25, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yay! That’s great! No pain is fantastic news.

At least once a week, I go to bed telling myself that I should be rested enough to dance like Diaz the next morning. It’s happened … maaaaybe twice? I wish I could muster that much energy when the alarm goes off. My alarm clock song is my new Gavin DeGraw obsession.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..An Outdoor WIAWMy Profile

7 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 25, 2012 at 10:11 am

Too many funny videos for one post ! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Au Bon Pain’s Favorite CustomerMy Profile

8 christina April 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

hahahahah that is EXACTLY how i feel about 50 shades of grey. it’s so bad, yet so good. wtc?!?!
christina recently posted..What I’m Loving WednesdayMy Profile

9 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 25, 2012 at 10:56 am

I’m dying thinking about the scene in forrest gump being compared to your return to running… Love it!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..W.I.A.W: Yum.My Profile

10 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry April 25, 2012 at 11:04 am

Favourite part of this post? That Sammi gif. Best face ever. Good Lord she is attractive.

I wish I was still 24. Such a good age :(
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Spiders = Blech.My Profile

11 Kaelin April 25, 2012 at 11:07 am

Oh man I hated the snooze button in college and then came my real world job. I love the stupid thing now!!! I only feel like shaking my booty in the morning if I get up on my own, not to a screeching alarm.

Anyways, great to hear about your little run!!! Pain free is the way to be!

12 Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air April 25, 2012 at 11:13 am

Bahaha – I LOVE Call Me Maybe. It is on my marathon playlist, and I know I’m going to get a serious boost when it comes on!!
Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air recently posted..Marathon weekMy Profile

13 Theresa April 25, 2012 at 11:42 am

HAHAHA i went through the SAME thing with those damn books earlier this month. its a terrible trainwreck I couldnt tear my eyes away from. I dont think i’ve ever read such horrible writing…but it was certainly amusing to read. the movies should be uh, interesting to say the least. Maybe they can at least get the screenwriters to make it so that she isnt saying OH MY every two seconds.

yay for running pain free! im overcoming injury right now myself so I totally feel ya.
Theresa recently posted..Growing up isn’t easy to doMy Profile

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 25, 2012 at 11:48 am

Interesting to hear you say that about the book. I haven’t heard it, but it’s gotten such HUGE RAVE reviews, that I’m surprised to hear that the writing is poor!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Poblano, mango, and black bean quesadillas … and more fro-yo.My Profile

15 Alex @ therunwithin April 25, 2012 at 11:54 am

This posts makes me laugh. Congrats on the great yog! haha

16 abby @ Change of Pace April 25, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Yay for the yog!! Of course Chloe knew just what you needed!
abby @ Change of Pace recently posted..Change the pace – On the runMy Profile

17 Annie April 25, 2012 at 1:01 pm

OMG 50 shades has been doing that to me, too!! I have stayed up way too late reading that god awful writing. Not to mention, I just finished the Twilight series before reading it and can’t get over the similarities!

18 Chelsea April 25, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I hit snooze for 30min straight sometimes knowing it’ll go off every 10min =X I’m a lazy bum.
Chelsea recently posted..HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANE!!! We love you =DMy Profile

19 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health April 25, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I’ll be 24 soon! Congrats on the good yog :D. And I so wish I had the energy to dance when I woke up in the morning haha
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Exercise ComparisonsMy Profile

20 Dusty @ Running to Healthy April 25, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I LOVE Forrest Gump!!!
Dusty @ Running to Healthy recently posted..An Inspirational SundayMy Profile

21 Amanda April 26, 2012 at 4:29 am

Argh you read my mind! I NEVER use the snooze button (why not just set your alarm 10 minutes later and get more sleep???) but I hit it FOUR times this morning. I don’t know who I am anymore.

And congrats on your yog! I’m currently on the couch after knee surgery, and I have made my sister and her hubby (aka my babysitters) watch Anchorman with me. We re-watched the fight scene every night for 3 days, no lies.

“Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.”

22 Calee (@chimes) April 26, 2012 at 10:39 am

woo! way to be. I’m thinking of going yogging myself this weekend. I am almost through livefit and I see that Sunday will be a 60 min of cardio only. That = running. ;) I’m hoping it will be knee-pain-free.

23 Tracy April 26, 2012 at 10:50 am

love the video..this is my song..describes me perfectly ha

24 Sam April 26, 2012 at 11:02 am

Story of my life right now! I’m reading 50 shades of grey too and keep kitting snooze or sleeping through my alarm from staying up so late reading.

25 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy April 26, 2012 at 12:34 pm

seriously, I cannot stop reading that smut either. If she says “oh my” one more time I’m going to snap my Kindle in half. Also, SO UNREALISTIC. Glad you had a good run tho :)
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..The Great Car DebateMy Profile

26 Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run April 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Hahaha, I love it. Here’s my take on the books:

I read all three in less than three days…and while the first few steamy scenes were great…dude, I found myself literally flipping through ALL the sex from the second book on. I’m not kidding. I like my sex, lol, but geesh…it got tiring. I was not only exhausted for them, but I was also bored for them. lol You’re right…use a thesaurus or something. I can totally get the movement from calling it “down there” for such an inexperienced younger woman to something else, but keep it moving, honey! The plot’s pretty good, I like that he’s such a dark character and she’s cracking him…I wanted to read more about that than all the same ol’ same ol’. Haha.

What I’d like to see is the author, or a male colleague, write the books from Grey’s point of view.
Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run recently posted..Back to BasicsMy Profile

27 Nicole April 27, 2012 at 1:08 am

The Funny or Die video is hilarious, thanks for sharing it!
My favorite line is probably “Can’t afford Whole Food so I hit Trader Joe’s” hahaha and I think saying “When it comes to my life I’m a third of the way done” is mildly depressing don’t ya think?!
Nicole recently posted..Watermelon SmoothieMy Profile

28 Kelly @ Femme Fitale April 29, 2012 at 12:56 am

How did I not know Andy Grammer!? Thank you for introducing meeee!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Bake, Clean, EatMy Profile

29 Justine June 26, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Hey! Just wanted to comment and say you have some great graphics and videos to tie in with your blog stories… too funny! :)
Justine recently posted..Colored Pencil Art Appreciation – Arts and Crafts Hobbies For All AgesMy Profile