DOG BAR

April 17, 2012 · 29 comments

For those of you who guessed I was livin’ it up at a Dog Bar in Charlotte during my weekend visit to see Dana… “that is correyuct.”

On Saturday morning, after a little jog around Dana’s new neighborhood, we went exploring.

For lunch, I had my first Zoe’s Kitchen experience. I absolutely LOVED the place. We ate our hummus and pita platters al fresco.

If you have a Zoe’s Kitchen near you (ya lucky jerk), try the pasta salad. It’s to die for. Also, be nice to the cashier. He may give you free cake.

And THEN, we were pretty positive we hit the jackpot when we heard there was such a think called Dog Bar.

You heard me. It’s a legitimate bar where you can take your dog and let him or her roam free with the other dogs and owners at the bar.

There were cornhole boards (Chloe was dubbed “The Cornhole Bag Thief”), buckets of water at every turn, a fire hydrant for the boy dogs, shallow doggie pools, and toys scattered all around the place.

Chloe, as usual, thought everyone was there to play with her. Human and Canine.

Chloe and Dana actually love each other more than they love me.

If you live around the Charlotte area, I highly recommend visiting Dog Bar with your pup. Chloe adored the freedom, the pools, and the other dogs, while I loved hanging out at a bar without having to leave her in the crate.

And now Chloe’s wondering why we don’t live in Charlotte. Anyone wanna go in with me to open a Dog Bar in Virginia Beach?

Comments
  • Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves April 17, 2012 at 11:42 am

I was just saying last week how I wish I could happy hour with my dog!!! Genius!
    Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves recently posted..Blue Bell Fun Run Race ReviewMy Profile

• Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 17, 2012 at 11:47 am

Such a cool, unique idea. Why has no one thought of that before?? Genius.
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A British Invasion.My Profile

• Sabrina @ Fit.Laugh.Love April 17, 2012 at 11:48 am

*squee* I can’t get over the Dog Bar!! I’m obsessed with my dog. If I could take him everywhere I would. In No.VA and DC we can take him and sit on the patio of restaurants and he has to be leashed but this is a whole new brand of awesome. I need one. Near me. now.
    Sabrina @ Fit.Laugh.Love recently posted..Monday Morning RoundupMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

that’s the thing — I’d be too worried to take Chloe to a restaurant patio.. she thinks everyone is her BFF and here on this earth to play with her, so she’d probably be jumping all over everyone. at the dog bar, though, everyone’s a dog lover, so it was completely fine!

Sabrina @ Fit.Laugh.Love Reply:

Ahah yes. Chewy thinks every person was made to pet him and every dog is his new best friend. I envy the owners of dogs that are good listeners and not attention deficit. Although I suppose that’s what I get for having a hound!
    Sabrina @ Fit.Laugh.Love recently posted..Things I Love: Outback Magnetic Indoor Bicycle TrainerMy Profile

• Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 17, 2012 at 12:12 pm

That’s pretty awesome! Wish I could bring my little man to a dog bar!
    Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Whole Wheat Homemade Cheez-ItsMy Profile

• Gabby April 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm

That. is. awesome.

• Sam @ The Balance Artist April 17, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I WANT TO GO HERE SO BAD. What a fabulous idea!!! Koda loves to play….I love to play…and drink….perfection. They should have these e’rywhere.
    Sam @ The Balance Artist recently posted..Finally made the switch!!!My Profile

• Amber K April 17, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Neat idea. Although, I don’t think I’d actually go to one. I like to be able to get my drink on without worrying about stepping in dog poo 😉
    Amber K recently posted..Seeing RedMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

Actually, it was super clean! I didn’t see any dog droppings anywhere.

Amber K Reply:

That’s good, because if there was anything to be stepped on, I would be that girl who would find it somehow. Not before I totally stepped on it… lol
    Amber K recently posted..Seeing RedMy Profile

• Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola April 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Ohh hummus and pita outside on a sunny day sounds fabulous! And that Dog Bar thing is too cool! What a great idea and so convenient since a lot of my friends often have to skip out on HH to care for their pups! This would solve their problem!
    Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Mounds for BreakfastMy Profile

• Shannon April 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

That’s the most magical place I’ve ever heard of!! I want to go to there.
    Shannon recently posted..Control What You Can ControlMy Profile

• Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I LOVE the dog bar idea. One more thing to make my dog think she’s a human!
    Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Spinach and Cheddar Baked QuinoaMy Profile

• Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 17, 2012 at 2:24 pm

that is the coolest thing EVER!
    and i was excited to hear it was in charlotte of all places, about an hour away from me!
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Box Step Ups, Scallops, & Sleep IssueMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

go, go, go!

• Yellow Haired Girl April 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm

What a fantastic idea! There needs to be more of these!
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Grocery Shopping Pet PeevesMy Profile

• Julie April 17, 2012 at 2:55 pm

That’s SO cool. I would love going there with my pup…also, what a fun way to meet new people since, you know, everyone there has a certain four-legged interest. :)

• Jamie April 17, 2012 at 3:23 pm

A dog bar sounds like my worst nightmare but if you open one I’ll be your marketing assistant. 😉 I LOVE that picture of dana and chloe.. like LOVE it is so funny.. chloe really thinks she’s human.

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

haaha. seriously. and dana’s her BFF, apparently. they leave me out like mean girls.

• janetha April 17, 2012 at 5:37 pm

WHAT. this is amazing.
    janetha recently posted..short stories from the weekend.My Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

you’d be in heaven. come to charlotte.

• Carol April 17, 2012 at 6:17 pm

A dog bar? that is so COOL! good luck to your business. Your pictures are so great!

• Lyndsey April 17, 2012 at 7:10 pm

We have one here by the beach. Two days a week they have “Yappy Hour” and the dogs can run free and the owners drink beers. Fabulous!

• Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) April 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm

We used to take Koda to Dog Bar all the time!!! Love it. Especially when we ordered pizza and had it delivered to the bar after a few too many cocktails. Ah, bliss. :)
    Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Hailey at 7 MonthsMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

yes! everyone was doing that! okay.. next time we go, you need to bring Koda AND hailey. :)

• janae@hungryrunnergirl.com April 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm

A dog bar, that is so so cool! Okay that hummus platter is making me drool…can I come with you next time?

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

oh please. you’re always invited. froyo dessert?

• hensley April 18, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I go to school next to Zoes kitchen… and go there everyday for lunch. try the spinach wraps omgggg tdf