The ABCs of Life of bLyss

March 13, 2012 · 54 comments

Dear Janetha, you’re my new BFF for masterminding such a fun survey. Love, the middle schooler in me.

Said middle schooler will also give you a too-tight hug/squeeze at the Blend Retreat. See ya in less than two months.

A is for age:

I just turned 24 in January. Time to slap on the wrinkle cream.

B is for breakfast today:

Shocker… a whole grain english muffin, almond butter, and bananas with some cinnamon sprinkled on top. I tell ya, I really don’t change things up around here.

There’s a recycled photo of the non-cinnamon version

C is for currently craving:

Coffee. And lots of it. For the first time in a while, I had a rough night’s sleep last night.

D is for dinner tonight:

I actually have some salmon filets in the freezer. I’m thinking of cooking up some brown rice and slathering on some barbeque sauce on one of those guys.

E is for favorite type of exercise:

Duh… all I do is run.

And that’s actually a lie; I love lifting days. I just wanted to say that. Running is my favorite, though. You know that.

F is for an irrational fear:

I mean, I’m pretty rational. I have a very rational fear of fire. It just freaks me out and makes me nervous.

G is for gross food:

I’m not the biggest tomato fan. I don’t mind grape tomatoes, but I would never just eat one by itself (I can handle one in a sandwich, though).

H is for hometown:

Good ol’ South Jersey. WHOOP WHOOP!

via

I is for something important:

See above. It is very important you realize the people of Jersey Shore are n-o-t New Jersey. At least, not the Jersey I grew up in.

It’s also pretty important that you realize there are still tickets left for the May Blend Retreat in Colorado. Seriously, come hang out with us. We’re a really fun bunch.

J is for current favorite jam:

Jam like… music? Or jelly? Cause I don’t really have a favorite jelly.

C’mon. You all know I’m a sucker for Best Love Song by T. Pain and Chris Brown.

The music video is so freaking weird… but I can’t not smile (and sprint) when the song comes on.

K is for kids:

Maybe in 17 years. And by 17 I’m only slightly exaggerating.

L is for current location:

Virginia Beach, VA. Wompwomp.

M is for the most recent way you spent money:

Weeelll, I did just buy a plane ticket to Colorado;)

And these TOMS I’ve been wanting for eons.

N is for something you need:

I really need a new quality affordable skincare line. I’m over the overpriced Arbonne stuff I bought at the end of last summer.

O is for occupation:

I work in education communications, y’all.

P is for pet peeve:

I’d love to just say “rude people,” but that’s so generic. I do hate it when people don’t use their turn signals on the road, though. If I were a bird-flipper or a honker, that’s when I would use both.

It’s probably a good thing I’m neither of those things.

Thank you for so many laughs, dear Oatmeal.

Q is for a quote:

I have two for you:

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… do the thing you think you cannot do.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

“If you believe God is sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to put trust in all situations. Don’t waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what could have been.”

R is for random fact about you:

My favorite Starbucks drink is an skinny salted caramel mocha, extra hot. Whoever gets me one first is my new best friend.

S is for favorite healthy snack:

I loove me some Clif Bars. And, actually, I’ve had a thing for Chobani lately… and it’s a good thing.

Because that’s my fridge right now.

And, for a little teaser, I hope you guys are in the mood for some CHO too. ;)

T is for favorite treat:

Geez. I can only pick one? Probably fro-yo with lots of Snickers and Oreos and Reese’s on top. That, or a double Oreo chocolate Blizzard from DQ. Or underbaked brownies. Or popcorn.

I have lots of favorites.

U is for something that makes you unique:

I recently heard someone say any blonde above the age of 13 dyes her hair. False; I’ve never dyed my hair. Does that make me unique? Kindasorta?

V is for favorite vegetable:

I really like broccoli. And mushrooms. And green beans.

W is for today’s workout:

I’m going to do the first hardcore upper body workout since my last surgery. As I have my second surgery on Monday, I’m trying to pump some weights while I still can.

X is for X-rays you’ve had:

Is it bad I don’t even know what X-rays I’ve had? Obviously I’ve had millions of dental and orthodontic X-rays. I think I had X-rays for when I got tubes in my ears as a kid, too. Care to add to that list, mom?

Y is for yesterday’s highlight:

A new-found Andy Grammer discovery immediately followed by a new obsession. Geez, why didn’t anyone tell me everything he touches turns to gold? I’ve had Keep Your Head Up on my playlists for a while, but I wasn’t aware of other quality tunes.

But seriously. Go download Fine By Me. I can’t stop.

Dear Andy, It’s Fine By Me if you never leave, too.

Z is for your time zone:

EST, baby. I like how I say that like it’s something to be proud of.

1 Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner March 13, 2012 at 11:03 am

Oh I love those doiley-lacey Toms, you can dress them up or down!
Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..Runner’s Warehouse Clearance SaleMy Profile

2 Kailey March 13, 2012 at 11:07 am

All I’m wondering is how the hell did you get a fridge full of CHO?!! I’m so jealous! I’ve been eating at least one little cup of Chobani a day lately.

EEEEEE we have the non-dyed blonde hair thing in common! Of course.
Kailey recently posted..It’s HappeningMy Profile

3 anna, fitscally responsible March 13, 2012 at 11:09 am

that breakfast looks delicious and I’m turning 30 this year so now I feel really old :)

random side story not related to this blog post. I first learned about your blog the day you posted about the Bachelorette Jarty. I favorited because I like your blog and think that is a great bachelorette party idea (and, since I just got engaged two weeks ago, it is on my list of ideas!). Now, every time I go to your blog it starts me on that page – which makes me smile because I love the word “jarty”.

I use Arbonne RE9. Sadly, I use enough Arbonne because I also use their protein powder that I get the Consultant discount – even though I actually don’t sell it at all. I let my friends use the discount too, because that stuff is dang expensive.

Anyway, my recommendation (that was given to me by a dermatologist) is Purpose cleanser. It is $5 and amazing. It is very light and I used it for years before I started using RE9.
anna, fitscally responsible recently posted..What the heck does Yeast-Free Mean?My Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 15, 2012 at 3:15 pm

HAHA. I love that you get to see the jarty on a daily basis. trust me, you will be the hit of every bar you visit that night.

5 Lauren S. March 13, 2012 at 11:13 am

That’s a TON of chobani! I’m from south jersey too, that’s crazy. I live in MD currently so I always am like its not like jersey shore , i swear. haha

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

i boycotted the show at first “because it gave NJ a bad rep.” i’m a little overprotective of my home state. ;)

7 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 13, 2012 at 11:15 am

I’ve never died my hair. My sisters haven’t either, and they both have light blonde hair. Not to say that you’re not unique, just saying that whoever told you that about the 13-year-olds is wrong :).

I want those TOMS. Really bad…
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..From A to ZMy Profile

8 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 13, 2012 at 11:42 am

I’m not shocked that we have the same exact dinner plans for tonight. Frozen salmon filets are where it’s AT.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Be Still, My Heart: A Day of FirstsMy Profile

9 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 13, 2012 at 11:57 am

i had fun with this little survey too the other day… like you said, i guess it’s the middle schooler still in there. ;)
love those TOMS too! i actually just ordered the black pair of those. way cute.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Sweat It Out Upper Body Weights + CardioMy Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 11:59 am

for a second, I couldn’t decide between the black, cream, or silver. but the cream colored ones I had originally adored stole my heart.

11 Mila @ loftyappetite March 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

I’m so happy to see that those crochet toms are back!! they sold out so fast last year, and were selling for over $100 on ebay! i’m gonna snag them quick. thanks for sharing!!

12 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 13, 2012 at 12:07 pm

So much chobani, yummmm! I LOVE those Toms. Holy cow, so cute.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Egg White FrittataMy Profile

13 Gaylemarie March 13, 2012 at 12:10 pm

That map of jersey is AWESOME. The best is down by SIC and Cape May. bahahahah

also.. the amount of chobani you have… the apple kind. Majorly jealous :)

14 janetha March 13, 2012 at 12:15 pm

YAY for everything about this. also, thank you for the map clarification.. hahah. YES BLEND. f yeah.
janetha recently posted..palate-pleasing pallet.My Profile

15 Raquel @ Toned, Tan, Fit & Techie March 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm

thanks for your survey! Im new in the blogging world so its a great way for me to have people get to know me and for me to get to know others!
Raquel @ Toned, Tan, Fit & Techie recently posted..PreviewMorning Run Against the ElementsMy Profile

16 char eats greens March 13, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I totally filled this out too. EST, what whaaaat!!! I’m kinda a sucker for surveys sometimes..especially if they involve more than 20 q’s like this one lol
char eats greens recently posted..following the a to z trendMy Profile

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 13, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I can’t believe you’ve never dyed your hair!! Personally, I’m naturally blonde as well, but I still like to add in some highlights b/c it’s dirty blonde … and the only dirty blonde anyone actually cares about is Britney Spears (kidding, kidding). ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..That’s a lot of orange juice.My Profile

18 Whitney @ The Adventures of Now March 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Super jealous of the fridge – mine needs to look like that since I’ve been eating at least one a day. As a NY’er love the map – feel a little more educated now of my neighbors.

19 Lindsay @ LindsayInNYC March 13, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Holy Chobani!!

And I answered “J is for current favorite jam” with my favorite jelly, not song. Whoops!!

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Are you KIDDING me with all that CHO?!?!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..crockpot giveaway!My Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 1:21 pm

seriously. one would think I did inapprop things to earn all that yogurt.

22 Nikki March 13, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Skin care Need?? Have you tried Mary Kay? I sell it and can send a sample if you’re interested. And if you want something, shipping is on me. ;)
Nikki recently posted..Where in the World?My Profile

23 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Wow, I thought one case of Cho was tough to fit in a fridge – that looks like 3 or 4!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Injury Woes and Peanut Flour GranolaMy Profile

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 1:41 pm

yeep, that would be 4.

25 Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design March 13, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Ah, the ol’ Jersey map….pretty accurate. I am currently in “Pretty Much Alabama.” Good grief, I miss the sun and palm trees. One day, again…..one day…..

26 julie March 13, 2012 at 1:38 pm

omgsdjgs i want to go to blend so baddd but i already have tix to see lady antebellum that weekend. WOMP WOMP.
julie recently posted..sunday spoiled brat, prep & other random thingsMy Profile

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 1:42 pm

CANCEL ALL PRIOR PLANS. what are you thinking?!

28 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement March 13, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I agree with needing some wallet-friendly skincare. I feel like I buy into the trap of more expensive = less wrinkles and less pimples. I doubt that is scientifically proven.

Blend looks like a blast. If I knew what my plans were for May…I would come. We shall see…
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..Missed Long RunMy Profile

29 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe March 13, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I like the skincare line at Target called Boots No.7 – it’s great, and a lot cheaper than Arbonne or anything similar!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Spring has sprung!My Profile

30 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

thanks for the tip.. I’ll have to check it out!

31 Amber K March 13, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Oh man, I have dyed my hair so many times I’m not even really sure what it’s natural color is anymore. Oh that’s right, mousy brown. Blah. I love this survey! I’m totally going to have to do a blog post with it. I always love random facts and loved filling out these kind of surveys back in middle/high school.
Amber K recently posted..Coffee Tables Are RudeMy Profile

32 Renee March 13, 2012 at 2:21 pm

OMG that is a lot of CHO! You’re lucky, I wish my hair would just be blonde I have to pay for mine! Also as big fan of middle school surveys, I’m stealing this one for my own blog! :)
Renee recently posted..InspirationMy Profile

33 Elizabeth @ chocolatedropsandpearls March 13, 2012 at 2:39 pm

N is for something you need: a new affordable skin care line.

I’ve been using Clean and Clear products for a few years now and I love them. They are pretty inexpensive ( I understanding having to buy all your favorite personal products on a budget). They are also really light weight and non-oily. I have really sensitive skin and they aren’t harsh at all!

I use their blackhead clearing scrub and their moisturizer. I’ve tried several other brands and keep coming back!
Elizabeth @ chocolatedropsandpearls recently posted..You Spin Me Right Round BabyMy Profile

34 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 4:01 pm

ooh, thanks for the tip. I used C&C in high school, but don’t remember loving it for some reason. maybe I need to try it again.

35 Yellow Haired Girl March 13, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I’ve wanted those TOMS since FOREVER! They’re my favorite style.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Fifteen FactsMy Profile

36 Kate @ ibrokemyumbrella March 13, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Ahh those Toms are so cute! I normally don’t really like them, but those have me rethinking my stance. Nice find.
Kate @ ibrokemyumbrella recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: NYCMy Profile

37 Theresa March 13, 2012 at 3:49 pm

HA–im born and raised in jersey too, although more from the northern parts, now i’m settled in the central region. isnt it funny how different people are depending on WHERE in jersey you are…considering its such a small state. and i’ve never met anyone like the people on jersey shore. but that would be because i avoid seaside heights like the plague ;)
Theresa recently posted..Randomest dinner everMy Profile

38 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 4:12 pm

hahah, good call. seaside heights is so full of new yorkers and out-of-jerseyers. I’ve only ever frequented Ocean City, Long Beach Island, and Brigantine.

39 Alissa March 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I love Ocean City! What town in Jersey are you original from?? I’m from Marlton :) Love your blog!

40 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 15, 2012 at 3:38 pm

WHAAT! I’m from Medford. what a small world!

41 Alissa March 15, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Wow! And we’re both Alissa’s/Alyssa’s. Did you graduate from Shawnee? What made you move to VA Beach?

42 Raquel @ Toned, Tan, Fit & Techie March 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Great Survery Alyssa. Clearly someone has a Chobani addiction! I hope you have fun at the Blend Retreat. I’m still debating since Im still so new at blogging.
Raquel @ Toned, Tan, Fit & Techie recently posted..A to Z SurveyMy Profile

43 Holly March 13, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I had no idea you didn’t dye your hair, it is absolutely GORGEOUS! & perfect natural high lights. You’re one lucky girl :)
& I thought I had an overflow of Chobani in my fridge…and then I saw YOUR picture. I don’t even know what an overflow IS ;)
Holly recently posted..Four Layer Thin Mint CakeMy Profile

44 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 14, 2012 at 8:20 am

seriously… I can’t open my fridge without laughing. still.

45 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy March 13, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I am totally a honker and I do it freely and frequently when people don’t use turn signals. Mostly to drown out my profanities just in case there are young chillin’ in earshot. Jess love the kids.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Pesto Tortilla PizzaMy Profile

46 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 14, 2012 at 8:18 am

hahaha. I DO partake in the latter… but thankfully, it’s generally under my breath.

47 Jillian @ sprinkle massacre March 14, 2012 at 12:37 am

I love that map of Jersey, except Hoboken is totally not hipsters, at all. lol….are you flying out of Newark for Blend, too?
Jillian @ sprinkle massacre recently posted..A to ZMy Profile

48 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 14, 2012 at 12:03 pm

nooo ma’am, I live in Virginia! I just grew up in NJ.

49 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers March 14, 2012 at 8:34 am

Fun survey! 24 was my best year to date, but then again, 25 has been treating me pretty well too. And yes, you are very unique as a natural blonde. Lucky! ;)
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..WIAW: Not Going GreenMy Profile

50 Allison Alter March 14, 2012 at 11:39 am

Just downloaded the Andy Grammer CD – thaaaanks :)

51 Leandra @Girl Loves Pearls March 16, 2012 at 1:42 am

I wish my refrigerator looked like that. I’ve been eating one every. single. morning. with granola. No joke.
Leandra @Girl Loves Pearls recently posted..St. Augustine Highlights: The Alligator FarmMy Profile

52 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 16, 2012 at 8:53 am

meeee too, girlfriend. love my CHO.

53 Olivia March 22, 2012 at 1:14 am

Totally jealous of your fridge. I heart chobani!
Olivia recently posted..Things that make you laugh at 430am, but probably shouldn’tMy Profile