Phillies 5K Bib? Audiobook? …Bueller?

March 30, 2012 · 33 comments

When I walked my middle and high school hallways alone, everyone would ask me the same question.

“Where’s Maggie?”

circa 2006

There she is! My other half. Growing up, we were inseparable. The last time I saw her was when she visited Virginia Beach for my 24th birthday weekend.

We haven’t changed too much, have we? If anything, I think we look more and more alike the more we age.

Maybe we’ll just evolve into the same person, Mag.

Anyway, it’s to Maggie’s house I go after work today. I have a feeling Maggie’s only inviting me because she knows I’ll bring a cooler of Chobani to share.

Back to my homeland, where you may find…

the best team in the MLB

the best carb in the world

and lots and lots of… sisterly brotherly love.

Philafreakin’delphia, here I come!

P.S. If anyone has an extra bib they can’t use for the Phillies 5k on Saturday, holla at’cha girl. We REALLY want to run it, but registration is closed. That’s what I get for deciding to make a last-minute trip.

P.P.S. If anyone has an awesome audiobook they wouldn’t mind sending me via Dropbox.com, I’d also love the roadtrip entertainment.

P.P.P.S. I promised a Chobani winner today via Random.org!

Congratulations, Brooke! E-mail me your mailing address so I can pass it on to Chobani. And then we’ll have a virtual yogurt party.

1 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry March 30, 2012 at 11:38 am

Aww. I love old friends. My high school friends and I always tell each other that we look BETTER now than we did then…and I would have to say the same about you guys (not that you didn’t look awesome then…but you know what I’m saying).
You two wild and crazy gals have fun!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Be Careful What You GoogleMy Profile

2 Brien27 March 30, 2012 at 11:55 am

Oh! I miss my old friends.Hope I can have time to visit them.any way You look gorgeous girls.
Brien27 recently posted..Wake-up! 2012 HDMy Profile

3 Heather March 30, 2012 at 11:59 am

you should download the following podcasts for your road trip:

Want a smile on your face the entire drive? Try these:
1. Doug Loves Movies [the live events, not the rental car/hotel room 20-30 minute ones]
2. Nerdist – especially the episodes with Neil Patrick Harris, and Episode 154 [stand up cluster 2] and Episode 51 [comedians you should know] TRUST ME on this. DO IT!

To feed the girly side of you try these:
Joy the Baker – you will LOVE it.
the because show
Heather recently posted..Amateur: Point-n-Shoot PhotographyMy Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 30, 2012 at 12:16 pm

YOU ALWAYS COME TO MY RESCUE. love you to the moon, Heatherbabes.

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 30, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Have fun!! It’s nice to still have close friends from that long ago. I had my 10 year high school reunion not too long ago, and it was great being able to catch up with so many old friends.

Of course, facebook kind of takes some of the fun out of all that … it’s not like I was surprised to see what anyone looked like. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Guest Post: So you want to bake your own bread …My Profile

6 Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables March 30, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Have fun! I live in Philadelphia, and those pretzels are my life :)
Emilie @ Emilie’s Enjoyables recently posted..Things That Got Me Through The WeekMy Profile

7 Kace March 30, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Yeah, that race sold out fast! And soft pretzels…sweet jesus. Nothing like them.
Kace recently posted..Tuesdays SuckMy Profile

8 Whit March 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I’ll be in Philly this weekend too! See ya around maybe?! (prob not, but that’d be pretty sweet!)

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 30, 2012 at 2:54 pm

what part of Philly will you be reppin’?

10 Jessica March 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Have fun in ‘illadelph!
Jessica recently posted..Spicy Thai Peanut Stir FryMy Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 30, 2012 at 2:54 pm

awww yeeeeeuh.

12 Amber K March 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Have a great trip! And an even better time with your friend. Gotta love getting together with great friends :)
Amber K recently posted..Post Oral Surgery EatsMy Profile

13 Yellow Haired Girl March 30, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Have fun!! I’m sure you lovely ladies will have a great time together :) the best road trips are the ones where my best friend is waiting for me when I get outta that car!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Condiments & A Sipping SnapshotMy Profile

14 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness March 30, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I love that I have life long friends like that! Although some of them live so far away from me now, but I know we will be BFF’s forevah. Happy weekend!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Foodie Pen Pal: March Breakfast BoxMy Profile

15 Erika March 30, 2012 at 5:05 pm

What is dropbox?? Am I missing out?
Erika recently posted..Fun Fact Friday: Say ZAZZLE!My Profile

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 3, 2012 at 11:20 am

it’s a nifty way of sharing big files from computer to computer. :)

17 Erika April 3, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Thanks, guess I’ll have to check it out!
Erika recently posted..The Best Exercise You Can GetMy Profile

18 RunningWatchReview March 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I love your article. A lot of friends will just come and go but REAL friends will be with you through thick and thin. This is an amazing article you got. It reminded me with my high school friends which unfortunately have come in my life and gone. I am really happy that you have able to find a friend like her. It was hard to find a friend that will stay with you all the time. Good bless!

19 lindsay March 31, 2012 at 8:33 am

Good friends never leave, in fact they are like fine wine. better with age!

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 3, 2012 at 11:20 am

das right!

21 Amy @ Living N Learning March 31, 2012 at 10:58 am

You two do resemble one another! Hope you have a fun trip.
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..Stressin’My Profile

22 anna @ fitscally responsible March 31, 2012 at 1:32 pm

ahhh, best girlfriends are the BEST. My best friend and I have known each other since kindergarden (almost 25 years now). She’s like a sister, only we never had to live together so we didn’t have to deal with the drama of being sisters! We take a trip together every year since we live four hours apart. We usually just take a long weekend trip to somewhere in the US.
anna @ fitscally responsible recently posted..My travel log: an abbreviated version.My Profile

23 Megan March 31, 2012 at 2:29 pm

This post just made me love your bloggy blog even more. Where are you from? I am from a northern suburb of Philly, but live in Chicago. I drive everyone out here crazy w my love of Philly! Listening to the flyers game online now :) my mood April-October greatly depends upon the success of the phillies and soft pretzels are my love language. Have a great visit!!

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 3, 2012 at 11:19 am

I’m from a south jersey suburb 30 minutes outside philly!

25 Paige @ Running Around Normal April 1, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Awesome! Have fun Alyssa :) It’s always fun going home.
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Road Trip!My Profile

26 Shannon April 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm

You didn’t miss too much with the phillies 5K…it was an average race. It bummed me out a bit because I definitely expected more…especially for the hefty price tag. I wrote a recap on my blog if you want to check it out!
Shannon recently posted..Phillies 5KMy Profile

27 Erika - The Teenage Taste April 2, 2012 at 7:08 am

Hope you have a great time visiting Maggie! Philly pretzels really are the best carb in the world…or at least one of them!
Erika – The Teenage Taste recently posted..Greek Artichoke SaladMy Profile

28 Jasper @ crunchylittlebites April 2, 2012 at 3:40 pm

hope you had fun in Phila! LOVE that town!
Jasper @ crunchylittlebites recently posted..all the single ladiesMy Profile

29 Juliette @ Finish Your Broccoli April 2, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Hell YES best freakin’ team in the MLB. I’m secretly married to Chase Utley in case you didn’t know. Didn’t know you were from the Illadelph. REP IT HARD GIRL. Whereabouts? I grew up in West Chester outside of Philly and am running the streets of Brooklyn now, though during baseball season you can most definitely find me posted at any and all Phillies bars in NYC.
Juliette @ Finish Your Broccoli recently posted..12 ThingsMy Profile

30 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 3, 2012 at 11:19 am

ah, so jealous! I’m from a south jerz suburb not 30 minutes outside the citay. :)

31 Ricole Runs April 2, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I soooo miss all my old friends. Wouldn’t it be great if we could all stay living in the same town forever? I hope you had a GREAT time! Can’t wait to hear about it!
Ricole Runs recently posted..Seattle RnR Marathon Training Week #2My Profile

32 julie April 3, 2012 at 10:21 am

so fun!! tell me why maggie looks SO freaking familiar! really weird haha anyways hope you had a FABULOUS time which i’m sure you did. obviously.
julie recently posted..an inner goddess revolutionMy Profile

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 3, 2012 at 11:18 am

sho did! and mag went to bloomsburg… did you have any friends there?!