My Heart Goes Peeta Patter

March 22, 2012 · 40 comments

GUESS WHAT TONIGHT IS?

via

I think Jennifer Lawrence and I were separated at birth. She’s got my same exact fistpump “yussss” form.

I’ve got my braid and jimjams ready. Lisa-Marie and I will be guzzling caffeine in preparation for the midnight showing.

via

And, to answer your surgery questions, I’m doing well over here. These stitches are much, much smaller than my other ones, and now that my quad soreness from the half marathon has worn off, I’m slightly annoyed I can’t work out.

Oh look, there’s Pokey.

Here’s a little game to play while you wait anxiously for midnight to roll around. Go to the site here, scroll to the Hunger Games Mash, and drag each gif onto your desktop to get your answers.

Geez, I just get cooler and cooler.

My results were not too shabby.

via

You’re right; I have no shame.

via

Edited to Add after multiple inquiries: TEAM PEETA. As if there was even another choice here.

via

1 Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs March 22, 2012 at 10:55 am

Bah! I am so jealous of you hitting up the midnight showing!! Fun Fun Fun!

Have you seen the someecard that says “I workout because I know I would’ve been the first to die in the Hunger Games” hahaha gets me every time :)
Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs recently posted..Ultrasound UpdateMy Profile

2 Morganne March 22, 2012 at 11:06 am

I swear Jennifer Lawrence and i were separated at birth, which obvi means we are also long lost twins! I am so excited for the premiere tonight, i cannot even handle it.
Have you read Divergent or Delirium or The Uglies?? Because you should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so good!!!
Now i am going to play the game you posted and anxiously wait for tonight!!!

3 Amber K March 22, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Ooh I especially have to second Divergent! I have to admit…it’s even better than The Hunger Games. (shhh don’t tell anyone except the entire Internet that I said that, lol) And the Uglies series too, definitely good.
Amber K recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday : “Diet” FoodMy Profile

4 Meredith @ DareYouTo March 22, 2012 at 11:22 am

haha these images made me giggle. I am so exciiiiiiiiiitedddddddddd.
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..WIAW: Snacks from Across the PondMy Profile

5 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 22, 2012 at 11:25 am

Omg this totally made me day! Although I won’t be able to see the midnight showing I will definitely see it as soon as humanly possible.

But for the most important question team Peeta or Gale?

I’m team Peeta ALLLL the way not to mention the actor is a total cutie :D
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..On Top of SpaghettiMy Profile

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 22, 2012 at 11:58 am

Team Peeta all the way. No contest.

7 Kate @ The Little Spoon Blog March 22, 2012 at 11:25 am

I need to play that game. But I fear I will get teary eye if I find out I die. I’m jealous that you are going to the midnight showig! I do NOT have the energy for that. Hoping to get to the movie this weekend or next week!

8 Kelsey March 22, 2012 at 11:27 am

HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN’T WAIT!!
Kelsey recently posted..I NEED More Pockets: ReviewMy Profile

9 Katie March 22, 2012 at 11:34 am

I got the same exact results on that game! Wish I was going to the midnight premiere but I’ll definitely be seeing it soon!
Katie recently posted..Surprise! (Again)My Profile

10 Yellow Haired Girl March 22, 2012 at 11:37 am

I can’t wait!!!! I have my tickets for Saturday!!!!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Getting My Act TogetherMy Profile

11 julie March 22, 2012 at 11:38 am

DSLKAHDSAHDJAKHDSJADH i can’t WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIT but you must do me a favor. you CANNOT post anything about the movie until saturday morning or else i won’t be reading your blog tomorrow. AND THATS A THREAT! hahaha i’m nto seeing it until tomorrow night but i’m like WAY too excited i can’t even contain myself
julie recently posted..GSBMy Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 22, 2012 at 11:59 am

please, like I’ll be coherent enough to write about the movie tomorrow.

13 Lisa March 22, 2012 at 11:42 am

I can’t believe you are seeing the midnight show…jealous..I’m team Peeta all the way, I mean how is there evan a team Gale? Glad your surgery went well too!

14 Becca March 22, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I am really excited to see the hunger games! I’m actually a manager at a movie theatre and people are going CRAZY over this movie :) I was hoping to watch it yesterday but didn’t stay awake.. Def going to watch it some time this weekend.
Hope your stitches get better quickly so you can work out soon!
Becca recently posted..Wonderful WednesdayMy Profile

15 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

god. everything about this just made me laugh.
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Running In Place & My Weekday Breakfast MontageMy Profile

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 22, 2012 at 12:38 pm

This is just another reason why I love you. Great post. I can’t wait to see it, but I CAN wait a couple of days b/c I just can’t deal with the crazy lines and teenagers. I’m hoping perhaps it will have died down by Sunday … ? Or maybe I need to wait until next week. :/

Have fun!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The night a 15-minute dinner took an hour.My Profile

17 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe March 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Yeahhhhhhhh Team Peeta!
My results were district 12, grab a bag & head for the woods, bow, glimmer, mutts, 3rd.
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Happy Humpday!My Profile

18 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Team Peeta all the way! I’m going to give it a few weeks before I try to step foot in a theater. That, or hang with the youngins and go to a matinee ;)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Running FrienemiesMy Profile

19 Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn March 22, 2012 at 1:06 pm

My friends and I are going to the midnight showing too! I can’t wait!!
Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn recently posted..Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

20 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) March 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Considering driving to met you at the theater at midnight. Creepy? I didn’t think so.
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..Post Baby Body: 6 Months PostpartumMy Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 22, 2012 at 2:15 pm

those 5 hours and 10 minutes will be SO WORTH IT.

22 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 22, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I’m team Peeta too. I have to work at 7 am tomorrow, but I’m trying to talk someone in to going with me as soon as I’m done at 3:30! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Strawberry and Almond Cream CrepesMy Profile

23 Cinnamon @ eatpraytri March 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I need a teenage free time to go see this movie? 11am? 11pm. NOPE. I think I am out of luck. I will brave it anyway! TEAM PEETA!!!
Cinnamon @ eatpraytri recently posted..Bad puppies and bronchitisMy Profile

24 Amy @ Living N Learning March 22, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I can’t wait to see The Hunger Games! I won’t be seeing them tonight (tomorrow morning?) though. Hopefully soon though!
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..2 Week RecapMy Profile

25 Nicole March 22, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Hahaha this post has me cracking up!
Enjoy the movie! I’m not going until Saturday, as I am not as hardcore as you clearly are!! ;-)
I feel like the movie can’t be AS good as the book, but we shall see!
Nicole recently posted..Pumpkin Oatmeal MuffinsMy Profile

26 Kelly @ Running Kellometers March 22, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Ahhhh! I can’t wait!! I already have a movie date on both Saturday and Monday. I can’t wait! I saw this link floating around the internets and I felt the need to share.

Hunger Games themed wedding
Kelly @ Running Kellometers recently posted..Another Warm TuesdayMy Profile

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 22, 2012 at 2:57 pm

haaha oh, trust me.. I’ve been all over that. ;)

28 Tina @ Best Body Fitness March 22, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I want to go with you!!! I’m so jealous and cannot WAIT to see this!!! And duh team peeta. I’m just now starting book 2 though.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..100+ Motivational Workout SongsMy Profile

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 22, 2012 at 4:12 pm

COME ON UP!

in my honest opinion, nothing trumps the first book. it doesn’t mean I didn’t love the entire series, though!

30 anna, fitscally responsible March 22, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I love this! I didn’t join Team Peeta until the third book. I thought she had a better connection with whatshisface (who I liked so much that I can’t remember his name) in the first and second books.
anna, fitscally responsible recently posted..Weigh-in Wednesday, Week 4: Measurement SuccessMy Profile

31 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 22, 2012 at 4:05 pm

YEA TEAM PEETA!!!!! Haha I can’t wait to see the movie! Although I’m not going this weekend, I’m going to avoid the insanity and wait a week, and that way I can go with my sister-in-law who’s out of town this weekend.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..If I Can, You Can.My Profile

32 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers March 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Have fun! I know you will. :) I wish I’d thought to get tickets sooner…
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..What I Ate in SavannahMy Profile

33 Erika March 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm

So jealous! I have not seen a movie in a theater since Bridesmaids came out. Pathetic, huh? But this is one I am NOT going to miss!! Will definitely be coming back in hopes of a movie recap! : )
Erika recently posted..To the Tune of ToddlerMy Profile

34 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health March 22, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I am beyond jealous that you are going to the midnight showing!! I probably won’t get to see it til next week because I doubt my fiance will appreciate me dragging him there haha. Enjoy!!! And I’m totally team Peeta all the way too ;)
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Pinterest CutiesMy Profile

35 Shannon March 22, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Team Peeta all the way. Like there would even be a question! I don’t have tickets until Sunday! I’M DYING!! I HOPE IT’S AMAZING!
Shannon recently posted..Spring Goals (A Running Post)My Profile

36 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling March 22, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I’m Team Peeta all the way too :) I can’t wait to see the movie tonight, if I can stay awake for it… ;)
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..Thankful Things ThursdayMy Profile

37 lindsay March 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

never even heard of hunger games till i got back to the states. I know, i am living under a rock apparently.
lindsay recently posted..I CavedMy Profile

38 Chelsea March 23, 2012 at 11:27 pm

midnight premier watchers FTW =D <3

39 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement March 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I’m mighty jealous over here. I left just a couple days too soon and now I have to wait until April 13th for it to be released in SA. Apparently the film is on a slow boat or something.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..In TransitMy Profile