Monday Funday

March 5, 2012 · 23 comments

I’m actually not having a Monday Funday as today’s post title may suggest, although I most definitely wish I was. It’s back to work I go while everyone else in the school has Spring Break. Whatcanyado?

Anyway, The Three Truths & a Lie Results are in, and you guys are pretty smart. Most of you guessed #3 was false, followed very, very closely by #2. And guess which one is a lie?

1. Grease was my all-time favorite movie. I would coerce every babysitter to watch the movie and then perform a dramatic reenactment. But I always got to be Sandy, since I had a hot pink unitard to sport for the final scene.

mmm… yep, true. I loved that hot pink unitard.

And there it is in action at my 9th (maybe 10th?) gymnastics birthday party. Shooo, I love me some relays.

2. When I was in second grade, I was cast as an “Ugly Stepsister” in the lower school production of Cinderella. I was so pissed I didn’t get to be the princess I sported my most pathetic stankface for the duration of the play.

FALSE. The first part is actually true, because I really did get cast as an “Ugly Sister.” And I was pissed. But I sucked it up, put away my stankface, and made proud all “ugly sisters” everywhere.

3. I still sleep with a stuffed dog named Pokey. I’ve had the guy since I was 6 years old. He’s a sickly gray now, but used to be nice and white and fluffy.

Yep. Sorry. That’s true. Get ready, BLEND Retreaters

I’m joking. I will not be bringing Pokey along. That’s weird. I’m not that crazytown.

4. During my fifth grade dance recital, my tap shoe flew off my foot. It skitted across the stage, I danced the whole song with one shoe on, and a fellow dance class member had to sneakily pick it up during our bow.

Yeah. That happened, too. I danced right through it and cried afterwards because I thought my teacher was going to be so angry with me.

And now I shall leave you with the best of this weekend’s SNL with host Lindsay Lohan (uh, what?). Trust me, this is some great stuff.

Once again, thank you, Kristen Wiig. I love the pants off you.

1 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Hah. That is hilarious that you were an ugly stepsister–because you’re nothing but beautiful!! And yes, Grease rocks!!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted…The Link: Body Fat & Dietary ProteinMy Profile

2 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 5, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Grease was my all time fav too…. Umm and I rocked a neon purple and white checkered unitard like it was my job. It might be something in the name….
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted…Shamrocks and PizzaMy Profile

3 theAlmostRunner March 5, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I can’t see the video on my work computer but I reallllly hope that’s the Real Housewives of Disney up there.
theAlmostRunner recently posted…The Humorist Finds Something to Cry AboutMy Profile

4 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 5, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Hahaha ooo kristen wiig. she had me laughing at the very start. haha
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted…Oh Monday Morning.My Profile

5 Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs March 5, 2012 at 4:18 pm

If you bring Pokey, I’ll bring my baby blanket, which my husband made me put away in storage. haha.
Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs recently posted…My Beauty FavoritesMy Profile

6 Annie (What's Annie Making?) March 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm

That SNL short is hilarious!!!!!! Gives me a little hope for LiLo. And Kristen Wiig is the best, though my all time favorite of hers is the Target Lady.

7 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy March 5, 2012 at 4:50 pm

hahaha yes, I just posted that video on FB. That was pretty much the only sketch I thought was really funny though… either way. “Who does your hair, BIRDS??!”
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted…My New Accessory and Cheeseburger QuesadillasMy Profile

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 5, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Oh my gosh, that video is so funny! I didn’t want SNL the other night, so I missed Lohan’s performance. Thanks for sharing! 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted…Shin Splints Stink.My Profile

9 Yellow Haired Girl March 5, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I was so happy after seeing the Disney Housewives video … so DANG good. I was so prepared for the rest of the episode to be stellar … and it. was. terrible. Jeez Louise, read off of the cue cards more, Lohan!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted…A Great TimeMy Profile

10 Shannon March 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm

So, inspired entirely by you, I started recording SNL a few weeks back. This weekends Disney sketch was, by and far, one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Between that and the Shit Girls Say videos, I’m grateful for your comedic recommendations. And, any girl that appreciates Jenna Marbles as much as me gets an A-OK in my book 🙂
Shannon recently posted…So I Survived the Tough MudderMy Profile

11 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 5, 2012 at 8:18 pm

PLEASE bring the doggie!!! PLEASE!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted…henry and the case of the shrieking eels – vlogMy Profile

12 Presley (run pretty) March 5, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Okay. I’m about to watch that Disney Housewives video. How did I miss that?! I hate not having cable!
Presley (run pretty) recently posted…Help Wanted: Interior DesignerMy Profile

13 Baking Serendipity March 5, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I missed that Lindsay Lohan gem. Maybe it’s a good thing?
Baking Serendipity recently posted…Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Doughnuts with Chocolate Ganache and Cookie Dough CrumbleMy Profile

14 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 6, 2012 at 12:08 am

hahah I actually guessed that one correctly.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted…Coming Out From HibernationMy Profile

15 Ricole Runs March 6, 2012 at 12:18 am

I posted that video on my blog today too! Best thing I’ve seen on SNL in a loonnngggg time! LOVED IT!
Ricole Runs recently posted…Snow White as a Real Housewife: Not So Sweet After AllMy Profile

16 Erika - The Teenage Taste March 6, 2012 at 7:11 am

Oh my gosh, that SNL skit was hilarious! My favorite line was definitely “Let’s just say you should never marry a guy that’s really into shoes…” Haha! 😛

Have a great week, Alyssa!

17 Zinedine March 6, 2012 at 7:33 am

In third grade we had a recital. I forgot completely what I had to say. They just skipped me. surprisingly, even without my part the story went fluently lol
Zinedine recently posted…Free Cinema TicketsMy Profile