Give Me A Moment…

March 19, 2012 · 38 comments

As you’re reading this, I’m having my second (and final, let’s hope..) surgery. I’ll be back soon, don’t you worry.

In the meantime, ‘ll leave you with a preview of how Sunday’s Shamrock Half Marathon went:

We wore tutus.

My quads hurt. And my toesies hurt. My belly is full.

…More on all that later.

1 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 19, 2012 at 10:19 am

Great job with the 1/2! Hope your surgery goes well and it’s your final one!!!!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Refuel FAIL.My Profile

2 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts March 19, 2012 at 10:34 am

Yay congrats :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Six YearsMy Profile

3 Maja March 19, 2012 at 10:39 am

All the best for the LAST surgery!!!!
Maja recently posted..and I quote.My Profile

4 cait March 19, 2012 at 10:40 am

keep up the great work girl :) and good luck on the sugery! xo
cait recently posted..St Patty’s WeekendMy Profile

5 Tina @ Best Body Fitness March 19, 2012 at 10:42 am

Love the outfits! I’m planning on buying some fun running skirts like that for my next races. It’s fun to get all “dressed up”. :)

Can’t wait to hear about the recap and hope your surgery goes well. Hugs!

6 Karla @myhighonlife March 19, 2012 at 10:42 am

Can’t wait to hear more about the half. Thinking of you today <3
Karla @myhighonlife recently posted..I promise I’m alive!My Profile

7 christina March 19, 2012 at 10:43 am

that is one SERIOUS sand structure. congrats on your 1/2!!!

8 Jessica March 19, 2012 at 10:43 am

So cute! Congrats on the race and good luck with surgery (crossing my fingers for you)!

9 Yellow Haired Girl March 19, 2012 at 10:59 am

Can’t wait to hear more about the half! Good luck with today’s surgery!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Getting This Off My ChestMy Profile

10 Theresa March 19, 2012 at 11:24 am

love the pictures!! good luck on your surgery today!

11 Lisa March 19, 2012 at 11:40 am

Good luck with everything today! :) And congrats on your half!

12 Kelsey @readysetfeast March 19, 2012 at 11:57 am

looks FUN! yay for the last surgery, good luck! :)
Kelsey @readysetfeast recently posted..Monday MotivationMy Profile

13 Jackie.web March 19, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Awesome job on running another long race! It’s a big accomplishment, I hope that I can build up to running a half marathon within the year. You are such an inspiration! Make it through this last surgery, and keep smiling!

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 19, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I bet you will! thanks, lady.

15 Jasper @ crunchylittlebites March 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm

congrats! isn’t racing with friend so much fun?
Jasper @ crunchylittlebites recently posted..married on a TuesdayMy Profile

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 19, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Very cute running pictures!! Hope the surgery goes well … I’m sure it will. But I know it’s by no means fun. :/
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Red Face, Purple Nails, and Green Beer.My Profile

17 Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner March 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Best of luck with your surgery, prayers that they get all the margins!

And congrats on a fab 1/2 marathon this weekend, so proud of you! Looks like you had tons of fun.
Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..20 Mile Run and Giveaway WinnerMy Profile

18 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe March 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm

They have super cute tutus like that at Target right now in the kids section – the L and XL fit me great – I love running in tutus !
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..What’s better than a run and a beer?My Profile

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 19, 2012 at 5:14 pm

haaha.. wellllll…. that’s exactly what those tutus are.

20 Hollie@lolzthatswim March 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Oh my god! I thought I was the only one whose quads hurt! Okay-I feel somewhat better and hope your surgery went well! :)
Hollie@lolzthatswim recently posted..Two Years of FunMy Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 19, 2012 at 5:15 pm

they are CRAZY tight/sore right now. gaaah!

22 Claire March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Congrats on your half! I’m training for my first one & will be using you as inspiration for a fun outfit on race day. Good luck in surgery, thank god it’s your last girl!

23 Amber K March 19, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Hope your surgery goes well. Rest up!

24 Amber K March 19, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Oh and I love the outfits :)
Amber K recently posted..Green Beer Line DancingMy Profile

25 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 19, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Sending good thoughts your way!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..My Best Pizza EverMy Profile

26 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry March 19, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Good luck with that silly surgery thang :)

LOVE your tutus!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Shamrock ‘n’ RollMy Profile

27 Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air March 19, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Good luck with your surgery!! And yes, hopefully this will be the last
Leah @ Chocolate and Wild Air recently posted..Missing motivationMy Profile

28 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy March 19, 2012 at 5:21 pm

good luck with your surgery my love. And how cute are you in your little tutu?
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Weekend FestivitiesMy Profile

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 19, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I mean, if you want your own, just head to the children’s section of Target. I’m classy like that.

30 Lisa @ I'm an Okie March 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thinking of you for this LAST surgery! :)
Lisa @ I’m an Okie recently posted..Pregnancy Pays.My Profile

31 molly March 19, 2012 at 9:06 pm

You are amazing-running before surgery! you are my inspiration! i would have curled up in a ball the day before and sucked down ice cream and oreos to numb the thought of surgery. hope everything went well!

32 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 19, 2012 at 9:50 pm

welllll, I may or may not have had fro yo the day before AND day of surgery. ;) it totally numbs the pain.

33 Shannon (hungrygazelle) March 20, 2012 at 12:30 am

Hope your surgery went well! And your tutu is too too fabulous :).
Shannon (hungrygazelle) recently posted..Spring Goals (A Running Post)My Profile

34 katie March 20, 2012 at 8:40 am

Thinking of you girl :)

I hope it goes good today and that this is the final one! I know it will go good, lots of ice cream after or fro yo!!!

katie recently posted..Never too lateMy Profile

35 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 20, 2012 at 9:37 am

I most definitely hit up that fro yo :)

36 Heather @ Run Eat Play March 20, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Hope that your surgery goes well!
You girls look so great in your green shirts and tu-tus! Love it!

37 Katie March 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Hey Alyssa! Congrats on the run!! You have inspired me to get my first skin check. I kept putting it off for quite some time because I guess that I was afraid of what I might find. Your story inspired me to just go now because its better to be safe than sorry! I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect at the check up?

38 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 20, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I’m so glad you’re getting checked out, Katie!

It really depends entirely on the dermatologist. In my experience, I got to undress, put on a paper gown, and she just did a quick once-over my whole body. she circled the spots she thought looked risky and scraped them off with a little razor blade (initially, no big deal at all). when they came back as cancerous, I had to schedule surgery quickly. they couldn’t take all of it out at once, so I had two separate surgeries.

good luck!