Funny Munnday?

March 26, 2012 · 43 comments

I tried to make those words go together better. Forgive me.

I had this post ready for Friday; however, I had to give my two cents on the Hunger Games movie premiere. SO, for today, Happy Monday!

Brightoom answered my plea for race photos with a few doozies of the Shamrock Half Marathon.

The moral to this story?

There are decent race photos…

And there are very, very bad race photos.

Looks like I was really goin’ for that finish line, huh? YOIKES.

The best part is Anastasia has a matching finish line face. We coordinated since we had the matching tutus. I’m not posting her photo in fear she’ll real-life unfriend me and possibly kill me in my sleep.

But, as I’ve told you before, I have no shame. So, there’s mine. You can print it our for runspiration if you’d like. I challenge you to make that face at your next finish line. I’ll make a collage of all of all the pretty photos.

Also, a few weeksa go, Janetha introduced me to my favorite tumblr to date. I’m completely obsessed with it and bounce in my chair anxiously awaiting new posts in my Google Reader. I spent a few hours going through the entire site (yes, every. single. post), and I had a really hard time composing myself.

If you haven’t already heard my raving about it, it’s “What Should We Call Me.” Now, say goodbye to a solid 2 hours of productivity and enjoy the laughs you’re about to have.

I find myself rolling when I find so many instances to which I can relate, such as the following. I do all of these.

When I see the waiter walking with a tray of food and it turns out to be mine

When I’m looking for my phone
"

White iPhones and white comforters are not a good mix.

When I realize I just locked myself out of my apartment

"
COME HITHER, MY FRIEND!

When you almost slip but you luckily regain your balance
"

When your favorite song comes on

At first you’re like

And then you’re like

When someone tells me I can have a bite

I tell ya, it’s like looking into a mirror.

I don’t know who this girl is, but I really, really like her. No go waste a few hours of your life. Laughing’s good for the soul, especially on Mondays.

1 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 26, 2012 at 9:27 am

HAHAHA I was looking at that site the other day when you posted about it on twitter. HILARIOUS. I love the ballerine come hither… so true. haha it is def like looking in the mirror!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Big Hail & Oops I Bought Too Much At Target (again)My Profile

2 melissa March 26, 2012 at 9:36 am

I just lol’d all over the place!! SO funny :), thank you!

3 Jill March 26, 2012 at 9:47 am

I spent a solid chunk of time at work on Friday trying to contain my giggles as a result of this site. I’m so smitten!
Jill recently posted..On Moving OnMy Profile

4 Nikki March 26, 2012 at 9:53 am

Oh my gosh. Thank you for this!!!!!!!! Cya productivity :)
Nikki recently posted..Cat Sunday!My Profile

5 Yellow Haired Girl March 26, 2012 at 9:54 am

HAHA! This is spectacular.

“That’s my jam!!!!!” – that’s so me.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..A Meal PlanMy Profile

6 Molly March 26, 2012 at 9:58 am

OMG I discovered that site last week and read it like a novel. SO funny!

7 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots March 26, 2012 at 10:11 am

this is the best website ever and helps me get through my day! the person behind it is a amazing and I want to be their best friend!

8 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry March 26, 2012 at 10:48 am

Hahaha, ohh you kill me. You remind me so much of myself it is not even funny (actually, it is quite funny). I will be checking out this website immediately.

And those first pics really ARE great race pics. Good job!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Birthday SaxMy Profile

9 Lauren March 26, 2012 at 10:48 am

OMG thank you for this site!!!! totally making my monday

10 Kailey March 26, 2012 at 10:58 am

HAWT race pics, even the serious-faced one!

I discovered WSWCM a few weeks ago, too, and have lost SO MUCH TIME to that site. But is it really wasting or losing time when you’re loving every second of it? NAW.
Kailey recently posted..Nothing But GoodMy Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 26, 2012 at 12:36 pm

hahah. there’s no way that serious-faced race picture is hot. it looks like I need an oxygen mask.

but, I mean… if you REALLY like it, I’ll blow it up for your bedroom wall.

12 Kim March 26, 2012 at 11:39 am

So I found this site through you RIGHT before my last final – which was CRUEL. I wasted hours of my life also going through that entire site. I love it. It’s hilarious. And yes, it is like a mirror. I want to share them all with the world.
Kim recently posted..Stuart.My Profile

13 Taylor March 26, 2012 at 11:43 am

I’m a new reader and have to say that I love your blog! I may have just spent 20 minutes looking at that tumblr! ha hilarious

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 26, 2012 at 12:35 pm

thanks, Taylor :)

15 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 26, 2012 at 11:48 am

Thank you for sharing. I was literally laughing out loud and every one was staring… in a good way of course.
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Meet The ParentsMy Profile

16 Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables March 26, 2012 at 11:52 am

These are awesome, thanks for putting a smile on my face on a Monday :)
Emilie @ Emilie’s Enjoyables recently posted..Things That Got Me Through The WeekMy Profile

17 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts March 26, 2012 at 11:52 am

Thanks for this. I am having a totally shitty day and this made me smile.
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Richmond Weekend!My Profile

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 26, 2012 at 12:32 pm

You are so funny!! I love the ballerina one! So true!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whose grocery cart is this?!My Profile

19 janetha March 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm

hahahaha they are funny, even the second or third time around.
janetha recently posted..change of plans.My Profile

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm

my race photos? or the tumblr? ;)

…no, I completely agree. I could probably go through them all a second time and still be rolling.

21 Hollie@lolzthatswim March 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm

You look so cute! I am jealous of your race photos (even the one of you crossing the finish line!). Have a great week girl!
Hollie@lolzthatswim recently posted..Training SundayMy Profile

22 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm

HAHA you lie!

23 Jessica March 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm

that site is everything. And if it makes you feel better, if I ever had pictures of myself taken while running they would probably put me on suicide watch after seeing my expressions.
Jessica recently posted..Living Social NightmareMy Profile

24 Amanda March 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I should have been working this morning. Instead, I also have spent hours on this website. And now my abs hurt – totally worth it! hahaha

25 Amber K March 26, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I went through every single page of that site. Totally obsessed. I think I’m driving everyone crazy by posting it to my Facebook every day. Okay, I’ve only posted it twice, but it’s so funny!
Amber K recently posted..Pinterest ObsessedMy Profile

26 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola March 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm

You look so cute in your race photos! I’m pretty sure I would not be smiling if I was photographed while running! And I’m glad there is someone out there as obsessed with that site as I am… I can’t get enough! I’ve never seen the ballet one before but that’s fantastic! So funny- whoever is behind it is amazing.
Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola recently posted..Wordless WeekendMy Profile

27 Emily March 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I just spent an inordinate amount on time on tumblr… only to have one of my bosses walk into my cube and ask what I was doing. It was totally worth the scrambling “uhhh hi just on my break” fjdkafjfjdkajfda (insert awkward conversation here)… so funny!! Thanks for sharing it and making the end of my Monday like 13892839x better! :)

28 Amy @ Living N Learning March 26, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Haha those definitely made me laugh. I can’t go look at the site now though or I’ll never get my homework done.
Amy @ Living N Learning recently posted..Stressin’My Profile

29 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 26, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I’ve seen several bloggers post the link to that site now, and I love it! It’s so addicting!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..I Want This Time to LastMy Profile

30 Lindsey March 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm

ohh my goodness gracious…my roommate just came into my room wondering if I was ok because I was laughing so hard. Thank you.

31 Lisa March 26, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Haha I found that site the other day and was dying of laughter, I was looking through them when I was out in public…by myself I must add and seriously couldn’t contain my laughter, I must have looked like a freak just laughing to myself
Lisa recently posted..Holy Crap, Skinny B, and SnacksMy Profile

32 Robbi Ann March 26, 2012 at 11:50 pm

are you still running in your original pureconnects or have you replaced them? I got mine in November and they’re basically shot.. :(

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 27, 2012 at 8:30 am

nope! if you look above, you can see I’m still rockin’ them. :) I got mine in November, too! but it’s actually almost time I replaced them. for me, that’s a typical life for a running shoe (4-5 months or so).

34 Robbi Ann March 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I got a new pair of running shoes over the weekend and my shins are killing me! I wasn’t huge on the pureconnects until I ran without them :(
Oh, and did you end up liking those zensah compression sleeves? I’m thinking of getting a pair if they’re what they’re cracked up to be.

35 Shalani March 27, 2012 at 5:23 am

these post makes me laugh what I like the most is that the Michael Jackson’s face..thanks for sharing your race photos you look so pretty even if you look so tired.
Shalani recently posted..Tips To Lose Weight With HCG And Feel Great!My Profile

36 Sarah March 27, 2012 at 7:29 am

ahahah seriously loves these! Hilarious
Sarah recently posted..Hot Yoga & CoconutsMy Profile

37 Christina March 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

i just LOL’d pretty hard at my desk looking at those pictures…hilarious

38 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement March 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

The wrestler one kills me….so accurate.

I have been on the website all day…laughing.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..The Whole CoconutMy Profile

39 Shannon March 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

I’m freaking dying over that white cat video. Can you send me the link for that? I can’t stop laughing!!
Shannon recently posted..The Hot Chocolate 15k StoryMy Profile

40 Paige March 27, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Ha! Girl I love the race photos! The good ones really are good – and that last one just shows your determination…you mojo ;)
Paige recently posted..GoldenMy Profile

41 Amanda March 27, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I canNOT stop laughing at these videos!!! My work productivity just went out the window!

42 Katy @ HaveYouHurd March 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Dear Alyssa – thank you. I am not at work laughing out loud like an idiot and everyone is staring and judging. I am dying. DYING at those snippets from “What We Shoudl Call Me.”

I especially love and relate to the “When you suddenly turn into a ballerina when you want to show someone something exciting”

Love!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..D.C. Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon Post II: The Race & The RestMy Profile

43 lindsay March 28, 2012 at 7:36 am

Oh my , now i am obsessed with that tumblr. Made my morning!!! and your fun face did too!
lindsay recently posted..Genuine MUSHY MONDAYMy Profile