Dog Collars Etc.

March 21, 2012 · 36 comments

My little petunia thinks it’s cool to tear stuff to shreds.

I fell in love with that purple sparkly $25 collar. Within two days of wearing it, she had torn off and eaten the end of it. Awesome, right?

Almost as awesome as when she popped my Bender Ball and the replacement ball I bought online.

Pardon me while I commence my calming breathing exercises.

So, Chloe sported a ghetto collar for a good 8 months or so. Once I finally felt like dropping some more money on a new one, I turned to Etsy.

I’m kind of picky when it comes to collars for Chloe. I had enough people stopping me on the road telling me “he is a beautiful dog” or asking what “his name is” as it was, and that was with a purple sparkly collar.

Really? How many blonde girls do you know who would put purple sparkles on a boy dog? I always smile nicely and tell them “her name is Chloe.”

Chloe is also the prissiest girl you’ll ever meet. She will not be sporting camo any time soon. Therefore, I needed a girly collar.

I found myself searching for pretty yellow/pink collars. I figured she couldn’t be mistaken for a boy in such Springy, girly colors. Then I found a collar I kindasorta adored at Dog Collars Etc.

Wait for it….

How adorable is that? If you know me well, you know I like peacocks almost as much as I like sparkles.

So, now my dog matches my living room.

You don’t have to tell me. I know I’m really, really cool.

Chloe sure seems to like it, though. We have had zero shredding attempts. It’s the little victories.

Elizabeth of Dog Collars Etc. couldn’t have been more helpful in my collar mission. She loves to sew and sees a collar in every fabric she purchases. Elizabeth makes make dog collars, clothes, pet beds, and quilts and
has sold collars all over the world. I just might be asking her for fabric to cover Chloe’s favorite old papazan cushion dog bed…

Her most exciting client to date includes the narrator of “Swamp People” on the History Channel. It, of course, had Gators on it. How awesome is that?

Elizabeth is happy to search for fabrics to make specific collars for her buyers. I highly recommend her beautiful, high-quality handiwork. So, if you have a collar idea in mind, shoot her a message! Just tell her the peacock freak sent you.

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 21, 2012 at 11:39 am

Love it – so cute! I have the opposite problem with my dog – he’s a toy poodle so people think he’s a girl usually!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Crunchy, Addictive Zucchini Crisps and Shin Splint ReliefMy Profile

2 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement March 21, 2012 at 11:55 am

I was out with my friend over the weekend and everyone kept calling her one year old daughter a “he”. SHE was wearing a teal romper with a bow….like seriously? I was more offended than the mother, but I just found it annoying.

People need to be more aware.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..A-Z of MeMy Profile

3 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 21, 2012 at 12:05 pm

hey i just got that same papsan chair and footstool a couple weeks ago. and when i brought it in the house and plopped the cushion on the floor kona automatically thought it was a dog bed haha
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Salmon, Biscuits, & Seasonal ProduceMy Profile

4 Alison March 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I love her new collar! I get the same with our dog, especially because HER name is Cruz. So she always has girlie collars. And our lab also enjoys destroying everything. Mostly my things though! Lovely.
Alison recently posted..:::Happy Endings:::My Profile

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I love it!! You and your pup are such fashionistas. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The night a 15-minute dinner took an hour.My Profile

6 Carmen March 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Hahaha – it’s the opposite with me – people always think my dog is a girl (“she is so pretty!”) so I tried to find a manly collar for my boy pup. :)

7 Easa March 21, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I like the embroidered options (I forget where I got the last one) b/c there’s no need to have a metal tag which is harder to read, scratches up the floor and makes noise. The one I have for Hunter has my street address on it so the neighbors who don’t know him already would be able to figure out which yard to return him to when he pulls a Houdini. Of course most of them just let him inside their house and call me, thinking I’m a bad owner because he was out wandering even though he can barely make it 1/4 mile these days.

8 Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves March 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Cute, cute! My mutt always gets her collards so nasty and dirty. I hate to spend too much money on them. I recently found one on etsy that is made of oil cloth, so is supposed to be waterproof and easy to clean. But I’m having a hard time stomaching the $30 price tag. Maybe the Easter bunny will put it in her basket.
Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves recently posted..What I’m Loving (& Not) WednesdayMy Profile

9 kristi March 21, 2012 at 1:10 pm

That was absolutely so nice of you to do a BRAG post about my sister’s collars! She loves what she does and I’m her biggest FAN! Cloe looks fabulous!!!

10 Yellow Haired Girl March 21, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Oh my goodness, I love that!! It has personality – very much like Chloe :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..The “Is It Friday Yet?” WIAWMy Profile

11 Jamie March 21, 2012 at 1:46 pm

how the hell did you get her to stay still for those photos!?!? pretty collar!

12 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots March 21, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Such a cutie she is! I love the collar it is so pretty! You should ask her to make you a matching head band! That would be so cute!

13 Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs March 21, 2012 at 1:55 pm

People always call my puppy a “he” when she is sporting a pink collar with friggin rhinestones and a bright pink halter and leash. Come on!

I love this site! I will have to order one once the pupcicle is all grown up :)
Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs recently posted..Ultrasound UpdateMy Profile

14 Amber K March 21, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Chloe is such a pretty dog! Love the new collar.
Amber K recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday : “Diet” FoodMy Profile

15 Marissa T March 21, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I was on Pinterest and saw this recipe and immediately thought of you and your love of brownie batter. I haven’t tried it, but I bet it’s delish!

16 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Opposite problem with my dog. He’s a white, fluffy Maltese, so it’s automatically “SHE’S so sweet,” “what’s HER name,” etc etc. I have a blue and green striped collar on him, a blue leash, a blue poop bag holder….yeah….
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..I’ve Turned Into A WussMy Profile

17 Jessie @RunforFroYo March 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Hey Alyssa! I just found your blog today and I just love it!! You are so fun and positive and I need that in my life! I wish the blog world was real so we could be friends :) Your dog is SO cute, I love the new collar. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to reading!

18 Annie @ What's Annie Making? March 21, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I loved the new peacock collar! Your dog is so cute. I can’t wait to get a dog!!! Hopefully within the next year or two. I’ll keep this easy seller in mind when I finally do.
Annie @ What’s Annie Making? recently posted..Creamy Clean Spring PastaMy Profile

19 Heather @Run Eat Play March 21, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Chloe is so cute! I love the peacock collar. I love peacocks too – I was even a peacock for Halloween a couple of years ago and made my whole costume.
Heather @Run Eat Play recently posted..I’m not a Doctor, but I Like to PretendMy Profile

20 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm

charlie says to tell his girlfriend she looks hot in her new collar.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..grilling againMy Profile

21 Kate @ The Little Spoon Blog March 21, 2012 at 10:27 pm

okay it’s official… I am not only jealous of you because you have a dog, I am now officially jealous of your dog because she has a peacock collar. Is it too bad to get a collar for a dog in the future?! Okay, now I’m sounding crazy..

22 Ricole Runs March 22, 2012 at 12:45 am

What an adorable collar! Cooper’s collar is looking quite shabby these days and he can use a new one as well. He is way better than when he was younger but he is pretty much the king of ruining everything! The cat also likes to shred his collar. Good choice with the peacock theme!
Ricole Runs recently posted..I Kicked Off My Sunday ShoesMy Profile

23 martingale dog collars March 22, 2012 at 2:57 am

Cool peacock inspired collar, adorable indeed and I believe one of the best I saw so far and I am still looking for great collection of dog collars online and I believe martingale dog collars can help me with that.

24 Coco March 22, 2012 at 5:24 am

Oh yes.. My dog Hydro chewed dozens of collars. (He is boxer/lab) and there is nothing more irritating than your money being chewed and eaten! I love the collar- it’s beautiful! I will tell you that although Hydro is a boy- I totally would put a Hott pink sparkly collar on him if only my husband would let me.. hah
Coco recently posted..Just In Case + Sweaty & Salad BeastMy Profile

25 janetha March 22, 2012 at 1:55 pm

cute! i bought my pups green bay packers collars off etsy. loooove etsy.
janetha recently posted..the other blogs.My Profile

26 Leroy Madison March 26, 2012 at 12:21 am

Luv it! Particularly the pattern on the shiny black coat. We like the beautiful designs bring style to the pooches I say!