3 Truths and a Lie

March 2, 2012 · 34 comments

This is one of my most favorite games in the whole wide world. I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to play it via blog post, actually. So, I’m taking another page out of my friend Chelsey’s book (geez, is this Chelsey love week, or what?) and forcing you guys to play along with me.

I made a theme for this one, too. It’s all about childhood.

1. Grease was my all-time favorite movie. I would coerce every babysitter to watch the movie and then perform a dramatic reenactment. But I always got to be Sandy, since I had a hot pink unitard to sport for the final scene.

2. When I was in second grade, I was cast as an “Ugly Stepsister” in the lower school production of Cinderella. I was so pissed I didn’t get to be the princess I sported my most pathetic stankface for the duration of the play.

3. I still sleep with a stuffed dog named Pokey. I’ve had the guy since I was 6 years old. He’s a sickly gray now, but used to be nice and white and fluffy.

4. During my fifth grade dance recital, my tap shoe flew off my foot. It skitted across the stage, I danced the whole song with one shoe on, and a fellow dance class member had to sneakily pick it up during our bow.

Three of these statements are truthful. One is not. You get to guess which one’s the fake. Is it 1, 2, 3, or 4?

If you KNOW the answer, don’t be a jerk and ruin it. Honest guesses only, ya hear?

Now get to it.

1 Lauren Michelle March 2, 2012 at 11:43 am

I’m going to guess that #2 is a lie. I couldn’t see you being cast as an ugly step-sister.
Lauren Michelle recently posted…Five Things FridayMy Profile

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 2, 2012 at 11:50 am

I’m so bad at this game when I have to come up with the truths & lie… my guess is number 2?
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted…Food and FamilyMy Profile

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 2, 2012 at 11:52 am

4?
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted…Snow Day and Tasty Turkey BurgersMy Profile

4 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 2, 2012 at 11:54 am

Ohh this is a tough one Alyssa… they all sound like they could be you. I am going to go with #3 as the fake I guess.
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted…Rrrrandom & Condiment Expiration DatesMy Profile

5 Pam March 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I say number 2, lie!

6 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry March 2, 2012 at 12:14 pm

BAHHHH!!!! I LOVE THIS GAME! I never thought about playing it on the blog, but I may have to jump on this bandwagon. I am going to go with #3 as well, because I could seriously see you doing the other 3 and they seem more difficult to make up.
In Grade 3 I was cast as one of Ariel’s sisters in the Little Mermaid play and I was so upset that I didn’t get to be Ariel. My only line was like “I’m Alana, sister of Ariel.” I definitely had a stank face, and I was so jealous of the girl who got to be Ariel with her PERFECT hair. I am still bitter.
And then the guy who played Scuttle the Seagull got sick so I got to take over that part. And I killed it. Bam.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted…Birthday TwinsMy Profile

7 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts March 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I say 3 🙂

8 Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn March 2, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I say three!
Kaitlyn @Keeping Up with Kaitlyn recently posted…MY O MYMy Profile

9 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots March 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I’m going to go with number 4..

10 Brittany (healthy slice of life) March 2, 2012 at 12:55 pm

#4 is fake. The Grease story is just too wonderful not to be real… Right?!
Brittany (healthy slice of life) recently posted…David Drinks Green MonstersMy Profile

11 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement March 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I think #2…is there a prize for getting it right? I want #4 to be true.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted…Date Night at PanciutoMy Profile

12 Tina @ Best Body Fitness March 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I’m hoping #3 is fake bec that could just make blend awkward. 😉

And I once finished out a cheerleading competition with only one shoe on bec it flew off mid backtuck. Haha!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted…A Shameless Plea, Mud Runs, and “I Wanna Be That Bird”My Profile

13 Krista March 2, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I am guessing #3!
Krista recently posted…How Pinteresting!My Profile

14 jackie March 2, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I’m guessing #4.

15 Jen March 2, 2012 at 1:31 pm

#3. I danced when I was younger and a tap shoe flying off is totally something that happened during one of our recitals.

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’m voting for #1 … mostly just because no one else has voted for it yet, and I like to be the rebel! 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted…Carbonara Craziness.My Profile

17 Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner March 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I say 2!
Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner recently posted…Running 18 miles to Finish My TaxesMy Profile

18 Amber K March 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I’m horrible at this game! But I’ll guess #4
Amber K recently posted…Peanut Butter Chocolate DreamsMy Profile

19 Losing Lindy March 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I am guessing 2.
Losing Lindy recently posted…Need this investmentMy Profile

20 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm

lol they all seriously sound possible, but I’ll go with #2
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted…Swift Kick in the ButtMy Profile

21 Sylvia @ frolic through life March 2, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I say number four. But if it’s true you are a true performer. I probably wouldn’t started crying and ran off stage…but that’s just me. 😉
Sylvia @ frolic through life recently posted…A Few ChangesMy Profile

22 Mattie @ Comfy and Confident March 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm

They are all so good. I am going with #2.
Mattie @ Comfy and Confident recently posted…FLOWMy Profile

23 Katie March 2, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I think #4 is a lie. Aaaand if you really do sleep with a stuffed dog named Pokey, I better get to meet him at BLEND.
Katie recently posted…Whole Wheat Coconut Sponge CakeMy Profile

24 janetha March 2, 2012 at 4:39 pm

#4!
janetha recently posted…zrii & a possible breakthrough.My Profile

25 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 2, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I think #2 is a lie – you HAVE to had been Cinderella. Butt…. PS – that totally DID happen to me. I was an ugly stepsister. I was devastated!

And I am loving Chelsey week BTW.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted…fun facts fridayMy Profile

26 heather b. March 2, 2012 at 11:17 pm

trois

27 Carrie Purchase@Myhealthyaddictions March 3, 2012 at 9:28 am

I say #2
Carrie Purchase@Myhealthyaddictions recently posted…Leg Day & Giving BackMy Profile

28 Cinnamon @ eatpraytri March 3, 2012 at 11:49 am

3 all the way!!
Cinnamon @ eatpraytri recently posted…Bikram aftermath and pot roastMy Profile

29 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries March 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I’m going with #3! I love this game. We used to play it as an icebreaker in my sorority whenever we had a new pledge class 🙂
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted…boston adventures, part one.My Profile

30 julie March 4, 2012 at 7:59 pm

gahhhhh this is so funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn haha and hard! mmm i think number 4 is the lie!
julie recently posted…peanut curry crock pot chicken & sunday prep!My Profile

31 Heather @ Run Eat Play March 4, 2012 at 8:03 pm

It’s hard to pick one! I think I’m going to go with #3 just because the other three are about performing and #3 sticks out!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted…SundayMy Profile