1. That title is à la Adele. Y’know, because she doesn’t pronounce her “th”s. Like a real Brit.
If you recall, I lived in England for three years as a kid. So I’m using my Bri-ish accent as I type this. Maybe I need to do a vlog of all the accents I’ve picked up while living in England, New Jersey, North Carolina, and Virginia.
Side note: Badly executed British accents really, really get on my nerves. I’m such a snobby brat.
3. It’s actually my British childhood best friend’s birthday today. You know what’s trippy? Being Facebook friends with people you haven’t seen since you were 8 years old. Also, just in case you didn’t know, Brits always put “xxx” or “xx” or “x” after anything they post or comment on Facebook. I always have to remember this when I post on their wall, or I look like the asshole who doesn’t like giving virtual kisses.
Happy birthday, cutiepie Hannah.
I know. My childhood daintiness astounds me, too. I was, however, a real champ at the long jump. 1996 Tamarac Junior Olympics Champ, if I do say so myself.
2. Virginia Beach got its first substantial snowfall this past Saturday night. It was my first day feeling human again, so my parents and I also celebrated my birthday that night.
I’m not sure if Chloe remembered what the snow was. Regardless, she had a grand ol’ time trying to figure it out.
Remember when she discovered snowfall for the first time last year?
Gosh, those were the days. I just came across a video of her scampering through the snow that day and my heart melted all over the place.
3. My heart also melted at the sight of my sweet Get Well card from Julie. I have the best blends who make me feel so loved.
If you want to be in the running for “favorite” (I mean, Julie’s lookin’ pretty strong with this puppy card…), you are highly encouraged to shove more happy things in my face.
I’ll be pouting in the corner of the couch all weekend. Probably watching the full second season of 24 if I can get my hands on it.
4. I miss doing pushups like crazy. I’m a little frustrated I can’t do any weights workouts for a while, especially with how strong I’ve gotten from my strength training post-marathon. I’m pretty sure by the time I’m fully healed and able to rock and roll again I’ll have lost most of my strength, and that makes me sad.
5. These used to be funny. Now, they’re getting old for me. My FB Newsfeed is littered with versions of every profession you can imagine.
(taken from various friends’ Facebooks)
(I actually really like this one for the Wawa love)
My favorite has been the “what you think you do; what your mom thinks you do; who actually cares” version… but, of course, I can’t find it to show you.
Happy three day weekend! Have a few nice workouts for me. And if you haven’t already, enter to win a box of thinkThin bars in my thinkWellness giveaway.