Fantastic News

February 20, 2012 · 52 comments

via

via

via

I’m smiling pretty big today.

The results are in! The margins of the pieces they took from my surgery are clear.

No more cancer in my arm or back.

Today is a happy day.

Tomorrow, I will go back to the dermatologist to have these stitches taken out. March 19 is the day for my second surgery on my chest.

And now, I’m off to enjoy a happy day off. Whoop!

1 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile February 20, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Congrats girl!!!!! So great to hear that :D
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..The Happiest Place On EarthMy Profile

2 Lisa February 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Congratulations on the great news! I’m very happy for you.

3 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots February 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm

congrats thats awesome news!!! Because of you at my dermo I asked for a test, he seemed to think I was all clear but is having me get 2 moles removed just to be safe! Thank you for making me do this, I probably never would have thought to if you didn’t share your experience!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Vegan pumkin breadMy Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’m so, so glad Kaitlin!

5 Kace February 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!!! Fantastic news. Hope the next surgery is as successful!
Kace recently posted..Props to the Presidents…My Profile

6 Yellow Haired Girl February 20, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I actually said “YAY!!!” out loud while reading this.

Whoop whoop whoop!! Enjoy your day!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Working DayMy Profile

7 Kailey February 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm

YAY YAY YAY YAY, YAY YAY!!!! (Yay’s to the tune of “Shots.”)
Kailey recently posted..Weekend BitesMy Profile

8 Brittany February 20, 2012 at 3:38 pm

That’s great news!! Go celebrate. :)
Brittany recently posted..B-day at BlowToadMy Profile

9 Christine February 20, 2012 at 4:01 pm

So happy for you! I had a mole removed on my inner shin/calf two years ago and had already gone back to school before the stitches could get taken out. Obvi I could have gone to the campus health center to get them removed, but they were closed that day so I removed them myself with toenail clippers. TMI? Sorry, I was so sick of them! My derm gave me a free laser scar removal deal on my chest and inner thigh, but I don’t think it looks any better. I have a scar about the same size on my back from a mole removal as yours, but since I can’t see it it doesn’t bother me. I know you wont be ashamed of your scars! Always be sure to really coat them in SPF, too.

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:09 pm

GOSH, you’re a real champ. I don’t have the balls remove my own stitches.. even if I could reach them.

11 Jen February 20, 2012 at 4:03 pm

woo congrats! I have my appointment with the derm in 2 hours for a full body scan thanks to your experience!

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:09 pm

hope it went well!

13 Kelsey @readysetfeast February 20, 2012 at 4:09 pm

that is SO awesome! congrats girl, enjoy your day!!
Kelsey @readysetfeast recently posted..I Can Walk & Winner Announced!My Profile

14 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 20, 2012 at 4:31 pm

WAHOOO!! What a great day! So the surgery on the 19th? Will you have to go through the same routine of waiting for more results?
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Making Moves! Literally.My Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I belieeeeve so. fun, right?

16 katie February 20, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Awesome news! SO happy to hear that girl! <3
katie recently posted..Sweet potato breakfastMy Profile

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 20, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Yay, that’s great, Alyssa!! :)

Hey by the way … can you send me those stretches for shins?? You mentioned a while ago that you had some great ones, and I’d LOVE to know what they are! Thanks, girl!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Saying Good-Bye.My Profile

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:11 pm

is your shin pain on the outside or inside of your leg?

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Um if I’m looking down at my legs, it’s right smack in the center. Does that make sense??
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Saying Good-Bye.My Profile

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 6:19 pm

that means you have anterior shin splints… the opposite of my problem. :) but these stretches will help what you’ve got!

(ignore what I’m saying in this video, because I used to think these were for posterior shin splints. once I went to a PT, I learned these are for anterior shin splints) :)

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 21, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Thanks, Alyssa! Those stretches were new to me! I’m definitely going to start incorporating them into my stretching routine. I really appreciate your help!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Saying Good-Bye.My Profile

22 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 20, 2012 at 6:00 pm

yay I’m so so happy to hear that!!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Weekend EatsMy Profile

23 Amber K February 20, 2012 at 6:15 pm

That’s awesome! I’ll be praying your second surgery goes well too :)
Amber K recently posted..Candy and BabysittingMy Profile

24 julie February 20, 2012 at 6:35 pm

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

25 Karla @myhighonlife February 20, 2012 at 6:52 pm

first off, those animals are so cute. Second off, and more importantly, this is AWESOME! So glad you’re recovering quickly. <3
Karla @myhighonlife recently posted..A Weekend to Go Down into the BooksMy Profile

26 Tina @ Best Body Fitness February 20, 2012 at 6:55 pm

WHOOOO!!! Definitely fantastic news!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Take A Deep BreathMy Profile

27 Amanda February 20, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Great news! So happy for you pretty lady x

28 Losing Lindy February 20, 2012 at 7:16 pm

what great news!
Losing Lindy recently posted..so exhaustedMy Profile

29 Janeanna February 20, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Yay congrats Alyssa!!! That’s so awesome, I know it feels like a weight has been taken off your shoulders! I’ve LOVED reading your blog and I love hearing that you’re feeling better!

30 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 20, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Yayy! That is amazing news!!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Up and Down WeekendMy Profile

31 Brittany (healthy slice of life) February 20, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Wonderful news, my dear!!!
Brittany (healthy slice of life) recently posted..My First Time Calling 911My Profile

32 Heather @ Run Eat Play February 20, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Great news!!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..February 20thMy Profile

33 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons February 20, 2012 at 11:11 pm

That IS fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I’m so so so freaking glad you’re doing alright!!!! Thank you sweet baby jesus! =) love you chica
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Food-polar disorder PSA + Homemade Veggie Cream CheeseMy Profile

34 Michelle @ Blogitness February 21, 2012 at 12:26 am

Congrats! That is awesome news! You have definitely inspired me to get my tan from a bottle or just enjoy paleness! I’ve even been looking for a good derm. in my area.
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..The Penguins are Loose!My Profile

35 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I’m so glad!! rock that pastiness.. or grab some jergens or clinique fake stuff. :)

36 Aria February 21, 2012 at 12:53 am

Congrats! That is awesome news :)

Thank you for sharing your story through your blog – you spurred me to go get my 1st rountine skin check (I should have gone years ago as I’m pale as anything!) but I always thought “26 is too young to get skin cancer” WRONG! I’m happy to say that I went this morning and nothing is abnormal looking but I have you to thank for kicking my butt into gear :)

37 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I’m so glad my experience has made you go get checked. 24 is very rare for cancer, but you can never ever be too careful.

38 Angie Mae February 21, 2012 at 1:02 am

This is wonderful news!! I’m so happy for you!! Woot Woot!!

39 Jenny February 21, 2012 at 1:07 am

That is GREAT news! Congratulations!!
Jenny recently posted..Monday MusingsMy Profile

40 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 21, 2012 at 1:19 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! :) :) :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..livefit trainer – week 5My Profile

41 Val @eatrunandfancyfun February 21, 2012 at 2:55 am

That is awesome congrats!!!
Val @eatrunandfancyfun recently posted..Homemade CaesarMy Profile

42 Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} February 21, 2012 at 5:15 am

WONDERFUL NEWS! =]
Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} recently posted..Emmy’s Organics GIVEAWAYMy Profile

43 Shannon (hungrygazelle) February 21, 2012 at 5:30 am

Yay! Such good news!
Also, since you’re post is full of cute animals, have you checked out the site F-Yeah Baby Animals? Ask the Google machine about it. It is the best thing that happened to me all week :).
Shannon (hungrygazelle) recently posted..Coronado Valentine’s Day 10kMy Profile

44 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm

oh man. looks like I have a new time waster.

45 Emily February 21, 2012 at 5:45 am

That is such great news!!! What a relief.
Now, go celebrate! (:
Emily recently posted..WIAW #15: The Veggie-Monster AdditionMy Profile

46 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List February 21, 2012 at 1:39 pm

WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..tuesday trainer – welcome to the jungleMy Profile

47 Marian February 21, 2012 at 4:14 pm

This is fantastic news indeed sweet girl! Such a relief I’m sure.

48 Gina February 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm

That is great news, I am happy for you! I was inspired by your post about getting a full body scan and I went to the dermatologist today. They took two biopsies. She said they look like atypical moles but it is always better to check. Thank you!

49 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers February 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Yaaaay! Thanks for sharing.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Locomotive Half Marathon Race RecapMy Profile

50 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries February 22, 2012 at 4:04 am

YAY!! That’s AMAZING news and I’m so glad that you are cancer free in your arm and back. After reading your posts, I’ve scheduled a time to set up an appointment with a dermatologist. You honestly can never be too careful. Can’t wait to hear more good news, and so happy for you! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..She’s Back!My Profile

51 Jennifer May 4, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I am 24 years old and i also had melanoma on my arm and back. Would love to talk, do you have facebook?