This came at a great time, too. Because the pain meds I’m on make it outrageously hard for me to concentrate on writing a well-thought out post.
All I want to do is sleep. And that’s why you haven’t gotten a recovery update from me. 19 stitches later (we miscounted before), I am alive. I promise. If you guys really want (or just want to scare someone else into never stepping foot into a tanning bed again), I’ll post pictures of said stitches later.
According to the rules, I have to:
1. List 11 random things about myself
2. Answer the 11 questions she (they) asked me
3. Come up with 11 questions to ask other bloggers
4. Tag 11 other bloggers to do this next
11 Random Things About Me:
- The first song I ever sang was Friend In Low Places. Throughout my childhood, Garth was my main man.
- I still drive the same car I’ve had since I first got my license. I adore my Rav4 and will hate when I need to replace it, but I actually think I just found a car I like enough to fit the bill.
- I badly want to be friends with Blake Lively, Leighton Meester (actually, the entire cast of Gossip Girl), Sandra Bullock, and Kate Hudson.
- I also really like the name Leighton. And Lane.
- I swear froyo makes my stitches feel better. Maybe I should just switch to an all-froyo diet until these babies come out.
- I’ve been all over Europe, but I’ve still never set foot in California.
- My nephew picked out a singing Spongebob card for me for my birthday. It’s still sitting on my kitchen table because it makes me happy.
- I’m kind of furious the new Tom’s ballet flats I’ve been anxiously awaiting are $80. Seriously?! $80 for flats? Even if I am buying some for a child… that makes them $40. I just don’t get it.
- My last meal would consist of underbaked brownies, pizza, chocolate chip cookie dough, and wine. I have some fine taste.
- I could choose an unlimited gift card to any clothing store in the world, I’d probably choose Express. It’s love.
Questions I Have To Answer (I cheated and slapped together questions from all three of you girls):
- Favorite Condiment? Oooh, honey mustard. BBQ sauce is a close second.
- Favorite type of M&M? Plain. In popcorn.
- Window or Aisle Seat? Window. Less for the view and more for the avoidance of my lanky elbow being smacked
- Who was your favorite Spice Girl? Baby Spice.. duh.
- If you could rename yourself, what name would you choose? Gosh, I don’t think anything but Alyssa really suits me. I was supposed to be Meredith Noel, though. My parents decided I didn’t look like a Meredith when I was born, so I was nameless for a few days and eventually became Alyssa Lauren.
- Would you rather have a male or female twin? Oh, male for sure. I have a good friend who has a twin brother, and they’re the cutest/coolest together.
- What’s your favorite book? Right now, The Hunger Games series. I’m so depressed I finally finished it.
- What is your biggest fear? Being unhappy. Vague, but true.
- What is the longest friendship you have ever had? Probably my friend Kate. She was the first friend I ever met in my ‘hood when we were little, and we’re still close.
- Favorite motivational quote or picture? I have a few:
“you gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… do the thing you think you cannot do.”
“If you believe God is sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to put trust in all situations. Don’t waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what could have been.”
“be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be. fall head over heels. forget your head and listen to your heart. run the risk. if you get hurt, you’ll come back.”
Questions You Have to Answer:
- What would your last meal consist of?
- If you could be cast in any T.V. Show, which would you choose?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you choose?
- What’s your favorite color combination?
- What’s your go-to Starbucks (or any coffee) drink?
- From what website do you shop most frequently?
- Do you look more like your dad or your mama?
- Are you bigger on desserts or appetizers?
- What’s your favorite dish YOU make?
- If you could make any animal your pet, what kind would you choose?
I’m late getting to this, so I’ll just say do it if you haven’t already. Cause I love you all. Thank you all so much for the love I’ve gotten in the past few days. If I could give you all a hug without it hurting, I would. 😉