11 Random Thingies

February 8, 2012 · 34 comments

Thanks for the tag, Clare, Chelsey, and Gabriela. Now, I’m going to do as you say at participate in the survey trend.

This came at a great time, too. Because the pain meds I’m on make it outrageously hard for me to concentrate on writing a well-thought out post.

All I want to do is sleep. And that’s why you haven’t gotten a recovery update from me. 19 stitches later (we miscounted before), I am alive. I promise. If you guys really want (or just want to scare someone else into never stepping foot into a tanning bed again), I’ll post pictures of said stitches later.

According to the rules, I have to:

1. List 11 random things about myself
2. Answer the 11 questions she (they) asked me
3. Come up with 11 questions to ask other bloggers
4. Tag 11 other bloggers to do this next

11 Random Things About Me:

1. The first song I ever sang was Friend In Low Places. Throughout my childhood, Garth was my main man.
  2. I still drive the same car I’ve had since I first got my license. I adore my Rav4 and will hate when I need to replace it, but I actually think I just found a car I like enough to fit the bill.
  3. I badly want to be friends with Blake Lively, Leighton Meester (actually, the entire cast of Gossip Girl), Sandra Bullock, and Kate Hudson.
  4. I also really like the name Leighton. And Lane.
  5. I swear froyo makes my stitches feel better. Maybe I should just switch to an all-froyo diet until these babies come out.
  6. I’ve been all over Europe, but I’ve still never set foot in California.
  7. My nephew picked out a singing Spongebob card for me for my birthday. It’s still sitting on my kitchen table because it makes me happy.
  8. I’m kind of furious the new Tom’s ballet flats I’ve been anxiously awaiting are $80. Seriously?! $80 for flats? Even if I am buying some for a child… that makes them $40. I just don’t get it.
  9. My last meal would consist of underbaked brownies, pizza, chocolate chip cookie dough, and wine. I have some fine taste.
  10. I could choose an unlimited gift card to any clothing store in the world, I’d probably choose Express. It’s love.

Questions I Have To Answer (I cheated and slapped together questions from all three of you girls):

1. Favorite Condiment? Oooh, honey mustard. BBQ sauce is a close second.
  2. Favorite type of M&M? Plain. In popcorn.
  3. Window or Aisle Seat? Window. Less for the view and more for the avoidance of my lanky elbow being smacked
  4. Who was your favorite Spice Girl? Baby Spice.. duh.
  5. If you could rename yourself, what name would you choose? Gosh, I don’t think anything but Alyssa really suits me. I was supposed to be Meredith Noel, though. My parents decided I didn’t look like a Meredith when I was born, so I was nameless for a few days and eventually became Alyssa Lauren.
  6. Would you rather have a male or female twin? Oh, male for sure. I have a good friend who has a twin brother, and they’re the cutest/coolest together.
  7. What’s your favorite book? Right now, The Hunger Games series. I’m so depressed I finally finished it.
  8. What is your biggest fear? Being unhappy. Vague, but true.
  9. What is the longest friendship you have ever had? Probably my friend Kate. She was the first friend I ever met in my ‘hood when we were little, and we’re still close.
  10. Favorite motivational quote or picture? I have a few:

“you gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… do the thing you think you cannot do.”

“If you believe God is sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to put trust in all situations. Don’t waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what could have been.”

“be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be. fall head over heels. forget your head and listen to your heart. run the risk. if you get hurt, you’ll come back.”

Questions You Have to Answer:

1. What would your last meal consist of?
  2. If you could be cast in any T.V. Show, which would you choose?
  4. What’s your favorite color combination?
  5. What’s your go-to Starbucks (or any coffee) drink?
  6. From what website do you shop most frequently?
  7. Do you look more like your dad or your mama?
  8. Are you bigger on desserts or appetizers?
  9. What’s your favorite dish YOU make?
  10. If you could make any animal your pet, what kind would you choose?

I’m late getting to this, so I’ll just say do it if you haven’t already. Cause I love you all. Thank you all so much for the love I’ve gotten in the past few days. If I could give you all a hug without it hurting, I would. 😉

1 Hillary February 8, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I am so, so happy you specified underbaked brownies. Yes, 100%.
Hillary recently posted..Carrot Cake Cookies With Cream Cheese FrostingMy Profile

2 Celia February 8, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I have been all over Europe too (and even lived there twice) but I have never been to California! I need to change that soon. My dream is to live in San Francisco!
Celia recently posted..finding myself as a runner and a racerMy Profile

3 Tina @ Best Body Fitness February 8, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I love your taste and would pick those same things for my meal. Also – I thought I was the only one who has been ALL OVER Europe but not to California. Or NY in my case. Oof.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Best Body Bootcamp FAQMy Profile

4 Amber K February 8, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Glad you have some fro yo to keep you company while you recover. Desserts will always be better than appetizers. Especially if they involve underbaked brownies and cookie dough!
Amber K recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday : You Are Worth ItMy Profile

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 8, 2012 at 9:15 pm

We have a lot in common: obsessions with GG and fro-yo, “Friends in Low Places” was the first song I ever karaokeed (sp?), and have been to Europe but not west of Chicago! 🙂
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Veggies All Day LongMy Profile

6 Lauren February 8, 2012 at 9:30 pm

You are seriously one of my favorite bloggers. I loved this post and appreciate your honesty in every situation. I am praying for your recovery and know you’ll be bouncing back in no time. <3

I am writing down your quotes too, those are awesome and the last two are especially relevant to my life right now. Thank you for sharing!

7 cait February 8, 2012 at 9:43 pm

underbaked brownies are the best and always make me feel better too. love you hunny!
cait recently posted..Remember When PinterestMy Profile

8 Karla @myhighonlife February 8, 2012 at 10:10 pm

That’s what my last meal would be too, LOTS of pizza! We are classy gals.

Hope you’re doing much better Alyssa <3
Karla @myhighonlife recently posted..A Weekend to Go Down into the BooksMy Profile

9 clare @ fittingitallin February 8, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I agree with your #4, 6 & 8 100%
Hope you’re feeling okay girly! <3 you!

10 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness February 8, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Glad to hear a little froyo is making you feel better!
We have some common interests: Gossip Girl and Express obsessed! And, I was depressed when the Hunger Games ended. Can’t wait for the movie.
Give me a heads up if you post your stitches pic…that stuff makes me queasy so I will have to stay away!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Eat Some Stars for Heart Month: A February “Star” FruitMy Profile

11 Rach February 8, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I was the same way when I finished the Hunger Games series! I was sad it was over!
Rach recently posted..I said Yes!My Profile

12 Sarah February 9, 2012 at 12:01 am

Glad to hear you’re on your way to recovery! Rest up!

13 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement February 9, 2012 at 12:08 am

Weird but true…I sat next to Kate Hudson on Amtrak of all places! I was pissed for buying a first class ticket (NYC to DC) until Kate and Kurt boarded. That made the trip interesting.

My husband was a pro tennis player and played far too much with his shirt off…he is always getting stuff cut out. No Good, our prayers are with you.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..Isn’t it Ironic?My Profile

14 Bari February 9, 2012 at 12:36 am

I love that your last meal would make me insanely happy, especially the undercooked brownies. Hubs and I fight over brownie consistency ALL.THE.TIME.

I did the 11 things post this week too. Here were my answers:

Hugs and speedy healing!
Bari recently posted..Shrink Yo’Self in 2012 week 6My Profile

15 ash @ http://peacehappinessyoga.blogspot.com/ February 9, 2012 at 1:26 am

Glad you are healing up, enjoy the fro-yo!!! Garth Brooks Friends in low places was my favorite song in third grade. 🙂
ash @ http://peacehappinessyoga.blogspot.com/ recently posted..Candy cane lane tea and greatfulness.My Profile

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 9, 2012 at 1:36 am

I was depressed when I finished reading “The Hunger Games,” too! And I’m a big fan of all condiments … honey mustard, BBQ sauce, ketchup, ranch … the list goes on and on. I went through 4 cups of ketchup last night with my burger and fries. I think I scared my friends. 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pinterest freaks me out and Orange Peel Shrimp.My Profile

17 Mallory @ Have Your Cake February 9, 2012 at 1:54 am

glad your recovery is going well! i really hope you arent in too much pain!

loved the survey – my middle name is lauren too 🙂
Mallory @ Have Your Cake recently posted..Why I love the Treadmill + Some WorkoutsMy Profile

18 Lindsay @ biking before bed February 9, 2012 at 2:12 am

Your last meal sounds pretty perfect to me. Only thing I would add would be ice cream. Maybe Half Baked so you would get the brownie and cookie dough in there.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..WIAW: Using Up the VeggiesMy Profile

19 Jenn's Adventures February 9, 2012 at 2:57 am

I’m so glad you broke down and did this — I tagged you too, so it was nice to read everything — I love “Friend In Low Places” and heard it for the first time a few years ago (crazy, I KNOW!) =)

20 This Fit Chick February 9, 2012 at 9:43 am

Oh my days i would LOVE to be friends with black lively… my friends just say Ryan REYNOLDS AT THE AIRPORT- they hugged in a picture with him… i died……
Do you look more like your dad or your mama? MAMA!
This Fit Chick recently posted..Simple SwapsMy Profile

21 Paige February 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm

My favorite condiment is honey mustard, too!
Also I very much appreciated your skin cancer psa yesterday. VERY moving, Alyssa!! I hope it turns out ok!!

22 Josie @ happycorredora.com February 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I only recently heard friends in low places too! I heard it in Country Strong (with your best buddy Leighton 😉 )

Yeah 80 bucks for flats… thats not very charitable…

Undercooked brownies…. yum!
Josie @ happycorredora.com recently posted..A trip to the country.My Profile

23 Maggie February 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Plain m&m’s in popcorn is my go-to snack when I watch a movie at home. sooooo good! And I’ve been to california, never been to europe. But going to Germany and Denmark this summer for work!

24 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers February 9, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I’m right there with ya on the dying meal and Garth Brooks. Actually, I haven’t heard that song in years, but it’s still a fav.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Cube LifeMy Profile

25 Jessie February 10, 2012 at 10:13 am

I’ve just started the hunger games series – I am behind the rest of the world it would seem!

My longest friendship is with a friend I made when I was 4!! – thats more years ago than i’d care to admit :)!
Jessie recently posted..Kasabian @ M.E.N Arena, Manchester (07/12/2011)My Profile

26 Lyka Ricks February 10, 2012 at 11:08 am

I just enjoy reading your post! The other bloggers are cool and started a trend like this. This is a chain of friendship, i see.
Lyka Ricks recently posted..Why do writers use foreshadowing?My Profile

27 julie February 10, 2012 at 6:38 pm

i’m FURIOUS toms is charging 80 bucks for those things. FURIIOUS thats almost a pair of tory burch’s which i’m most definitely going with instead haha

1. What would your last meal consist of? qunioa & crispy chicken panko nuggets on a salad!
2. If you could be cast in any T.V. Show, which would you choose? HOUSEWIVES OF SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you choose? dave matthews crash into me
4. What’s your favorite color combination? oy. i love white & tan — so gap o fme i know
5. What’s your go-to Starbucks (or any coffee) drink? right now a VENTI blonde roast with 2 pumps SF cinn dolce!
6. From what website do you shop most frequently? hmm gap.com
7. Do you look more like your dad or your mama? daddyyyy
8. Are you bigger on desserts or appetizers? desserts! no need for apps lets get right to the meal
9. What’s your favorite dish YOU make? a big fat ass bowl of oatmeal
10. If you could make any animal your pet, what kind would you choose? a sea otter!
julie recently posted..thank youMy Profile