And I echo most of these sentiments:
*Disclaimer: Jenna is known for her profanity. Consider yourself warned.
A few notes:
1. I always got yelled at for singing at the dinner table. And at school. And in the general public. It took about 14 years until I finally figured out why that’s not completely acceptable.
Sorry for the embarrassment, mom.
But not really. I bet most strangers liked your unhinged, crooked-banged, jagged-tooth wonder gracing them with a little Disney ditty (or Grease.. it’s more likely I was singing “Summer Nights” or “SandraDee.”
2. I have ALWAYS been pissed at my hair for not perfectly coiffing like Jasmine’s, Belle’s, or Cinederlla’s.
If i tried to do that bobble ponytail, we all know what I’d look like.
I even tried the whole Jasmine thing for Halloween once. The hair thing didn’t even work out for me when I went the wig route.
I don’t think I was too concerned about the hair at the time. I was just busy rockin’ that purple eyeshadow like it was 1993.
3. I’d like to know where you get that flat tummy, Jasmine. I didn’t see a treadmill in your palace in Agraba. Just sayin’.
4. Malificent absolutely scared me to death. No idea why I wasn’t phased by Ursula, Scar, or Jafar, but Malificent was all kindsa freaky to my childhood self.
5. I named the pet beta fish Dana got me for my birthday GusGus in college after the fat mouse in Cinderella. Mainly in hopes that he’d start sewing my dresses and sweeping my floor.
He also lived for about three weeks, so… that worked out well.
I still love Disney. Especially my favorite princesses, Ariel and Cinderella.