The Best Kind of Opportunity

January 26, 2012 · 60 comments

For as long as I can remember, I have been a big magazine junkie.

Fully immersing myself in lifestyle, fashion, fitness, and running magazines has always always been part of my “me” time, and it has armed me with a myriad of tips, tricks, facts, and information.

I love it all. I can’t get enough. And for as long as I can remember, I have had a dream of writing for a magazine.

via

Oh, Andie Anderson. I want to be you.

I took a step closer to this dream in college when I started my own health and fitness column as editor of my college’s newspaper.

Now, I take another step forward with a truly amazing opportunity.

FitFluential, an organization for which I’m an ambassador, is a nationwide network of fitness enthusiasts sharing their journey both online and offline through multiple social media platforms. It’s a place where fitness and healthy living bloggers join fitness and healthy living enthusiasts and brands from all over the world.

It’s fantastic. Partnering with people and brands who are so passionate about the same things I am makes me all warm and fuzzy.

And now, FitFluential is offering me the opportunity to write for some of the biggest nationally-acclaimed healthy living magazines.

I’m psyched. I’m ready. Let me at ‘em.

I’m flexing and stretching as I type this.

I would be absolutely over the moon to share my health and fitness ideas, experiences, and tips with the readers of national magazines.

Allow me to show you why I’m confident I’m the girl for the job.

Just call me Andie Anderson. And enjoy those pigtails.

1 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Agh…I always wanted to be Andie Anderson…that is totally my dream job, and why I went to school for Communication Studies :). Good luck!!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..The Day (or two) After Strength TrainingMy Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 26, 2012 at 3:17 pm

me too! :)

3 Theresa January 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm

hahaha…thats SO exciting!! good luck with everything, im a magazine junkie too! :)
Theresa recently posted..Perception of Beauty and Video GamesMy Profile

4 Stephanie Walter January 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm

That was super cute and hilarious!!! Good luck with your next adventure!! Make sure to continue to share with us your journey!!! :)

5 Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables January 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm

haha I love this video. SO exciting for you, you definitely deserve it!

6 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 26, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Yep Im a major magazine junky here too. I love your idea to share a video almost interview style, love it – and good luck – would love to see you in the pages of mags’!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..My “11 Things”My Profile

7 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry January 26, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Ahhh I love your Vlog! You kill me quite a lot. I especially loved the “I’ve been the girl…” series. Your facial expressions are fabulous.
I too always wanted to be Andie Anderson! Ohh how I love that movie.

I know you fitfluential ambassadors had to do something like this, but thank you for making yours interesting and funny. And congrats on the opportunity, that is awesome!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Welp IIMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 26, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I had to make mine unique somehow, of course. glad you enjoyed!

make no mistake, though. we didn’t haaaave to do it.. those of us who applied have elected to do so! :)

9 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry January 26, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Ah, I gotcha. Well good luck! If I was a magazine editor I would hire you in a second.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Welp IIMy Profile

10 Karla @myhighonlife January 26, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Ah congrats lady! You are perfect for it. I always dreamed of writing for a magazine too… but now I am 4 months out of graduation and have ZERO idea of what I’m going to do. Super! ;)
Karla @myhighonlife recently posted..The Beginning of the EndMy Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 26, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I STILL feel that way. :) gotta chase your dreams!

12 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry January 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Sorry to be a stalker here but I just saw this comment and wanted to reply. I have been out of school for 5 years and I STILL don’t know what I want to do forever! I think in a lot of cases you just kinda fall into it, just do what you enjoy :)
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Welp IIMy Profile

13 Lexie @ This Aussie Eats January 26, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Congratulations! That is a GREAT opportunity I cant wait to read your articles.

Oh, and thank you for making my week with the wonderfully entertaining video :-)
Lexie @ This Aussie Eats recently posted..Thankful Thursdays: Australia DayMy Profile

14 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm

LOVED the Vlog!! I’ve seen a few other bloggers post about this, but I think you’d be best for the job! You get my vote girl!!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..WIAW: Exciting News!My Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm

dear Emma, I just love you.

16 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

AWESOME video chica!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Last Day (Live Fit Day 18)My Profile

17 Ericka @ The Sweet Life January 26, 2012 at 4:28 pm

That was so good, Alyssa. Great job with the video!
Ericka @ The Sweet Life recently posted..The Half & The WholeMy Profile

18 Nikki January 26, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I loved that video!!! I wish you the very best with this! :)
Nikki recently posted..Buffalo CravingsMy Profile

19 Kelsey @readysetfeast January 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

AHHH! That is SOOO exciting!!! CongratS!
Kelsey @readysetfeast recently posted..Proper Running FuelMy Profile

20 Erika - The Teenage Taste January 26, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Oh my gosh, you definitely deserve that job, Alyssa! I really hope you get it – how could you not though? Your awesome!

21 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 26, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Good luck with it girl!

22 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 26, 2012 at 5:24 pm

How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days is one of my all time favorite movies. My favorite 2 quotes to say to the boyfriend are “our love fern you let it die, are you going to let us die!?” and when he has cold I like to tell him “nobody likes a Mr. Sniffles” He really like me ;)

But congrats on your new gig you are going to be awesome!

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 26, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I don’t have it yet! I’m just auditioning… fingers and toes and arms and legs and hair strands and…. everything… crossed!

and let me tell ya, I’m all about those HTLAGI10D quotes. all day, errday.

24 Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design January 26, 2012 at 5:30 pm

“And…boys…not so much like me.”

Haha you are my favorite. You are SO Andie right now.

Good luuuuck! We need some humor-infused fitness articles.
Sam @ Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Tone It Up!My Profile

25 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 26, 2012 at 5:58 pm

haha congratulations Alysssa!! And your video is too cute! :P you do make people laugh for sure. <3
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Taking it EasyMy Profile

26 Jenn's Adventures January 26, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Awesome video! There is absolutely no reason for you not to get this opportunity! Good luck:)

27 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 26, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I flippin’ love you. Did you edit that yourself?? I’m pretty impressed! Seriously, you’re hilarious. I don’t think you should just be a writer … I think you need to be on SNL or something! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Zucchini Bread and more on Atlanta.My Profile

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 26, 2012 at 7:40 pm

yes maam! video editing is part of my full-time job, so I do it a lot. ;) and thank you… I’d die and go to heaven if I had the privilege of writing for a mag OR starring on SNL!

29 Paige January 26, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Loved it Alyssa !!You are so sassy! Sold me :)

30 Amber K January 26, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I’m totally obsessed with magazines too. I never actually thought about writing for one though. But Andie Anderson definitely seemed to have a dream job. (Although SPOILER ALERT for those who haven’t seen the movie: I have to say if I had her ambitions I would have left too!)
Amber K recently posted..Making My Own CandyMy Profile

31 Sarah OUaL January 26, 2012 at 8:13 pm

ARE ANY OF THESE PUBLICATIONS OFFICED IN SOCAL? I vote that one. Ok actually can I just hire you for myself?
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Hello, New Love(s)My Profile

32 Danielle January 26, 2012 at 8:26 pm

that was a great video!! You definitely know how to right to draw and keep your reader’s attention, and I wish you luck with this!!
Danielle recently posted..Three Things Thursday – Running Dates, GoMo, protein pancake failMy Profile

33 Julie January 26, 2012 at 8:39 pm

So exciting!!! Chase those dreams girl, I would read any magazine you wrote for. You’re the perfect girl for the job from what I can tell: funny, relatable and all around awesome. :) may I ask, are you going for a full time position or for some freelance type work?

34 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm

thanks, Julie! FitFluential is offering its ambassadors the opportunity to “audition” to be a digital column contributor. although, I am in the market for a new full-time job, as well, and have been applying to D.C. jobs like crazy. :)

35 Callie January 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm

This video will definitely get you the job, so hilarious and creative!
You reminded me a lot of Zooey Deschanel in this video for some reason! haha which is a compliment, she’s fantastic. Good luck to you, you would be perfect.
Callie recently posted..Daily EatsMy Profile

36 Morgan @ Morganshines January 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm

OMG I love your vlog!!! I just love seeing my fave bloggy ladies in “real” life!! You got my vote, yo!!!! Chase your dreams!!!
Morgan @ Morganshines recently posted..The Start of My Love StoryMy Profile

37 Julia @ The Coffee Crazed Teacher January 26, 2012 at 10:17 pm

LOVE the video! They better pick you :) You are hilarious! Good luck!

38 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List January 26, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Alyssa – out of ALL of these audition tapes that I’ve seen, your’s is by far the best that shows personality!! love it! i’d hire you.
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..thursday’s theme and enjoying lifeMy Profile

39 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 27, 2012 at 1:53 am

that’s a serious compliment. thanks so much, Lindsay. :) I think all my dreams will come true if they hire me.

and if not, maybe I’ll just come work for you.

40 Rach January 26, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Girl, you got this! They are going to want to have you for sure! :) Also, I love Andie Anderson!
Rach recently posted..Jasper, the foster pupMy Profile

41 Brooke @ Exercise For Fries January 26, 2012 at 10:41 pm

1. I LOVE that movie. Might be my favorite.
2. You’re adorable!
3. Congratulations!
Brooke @ Exercise For Fries recently posted..Makin’ A List and Checkin’ it Twice.My Profile

42 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm

your FAVORITE movie? I’m pretty honored. ;)

43 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 26, 2012 at 11:30 pm

How impressive! There is nothing better than seeing your name in print!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..From Sickness to Healthy Eats: Lemon Pepper Shrimp ScampiMy Profile

44 Brittany *Sparkles* January 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm

aww I love that movie!!!!! The love fern — you let it die!! CONGRATS on the awesome opportunity sure you’ll do great :-D
Brittany *Sparkles* recently posted..Shake That Batuka *Dance*My Profile

45 Erin Kidd January 27, 2012 at 12:32 am

Loved it, Loved it, loved it.

ps- I went to the mall with Brandon yesterday, and I told him about my dream to dress just like you haha. He laughed at me, and told me I needed to grow a couple of feet first.
Erin Kidd recently posted..Television Tuesdays: Dance MomsMy Profile

46 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm

haha. at least crop shirts won’t look like belly shirts on you!

47 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness January 27, 2012 at 12:34 am

Good luck!!!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Feeling {that} BurnMy Profile

48 Emily January 27, 2012 at 1:24 am

I love your video! You definitely have what it takes- I know they’ll love you!

Sending lots of luck your way! <3
Emily recently posted..A Dreamer’s Guide to Money Management!My Profile

49 Parita @ myinnershakti January 27, 2012 at 1:34 am

Oh my, you are SO cute! I loved that video! Good luck…I think any magazine would be lucky to have you. :)

50 Mindy @ Clueless Nut January 27, 2012 at 2:41 am

My gosh, I love this. It’s prefect! Good luck.
Mindy @ Clueless Nut recently posted..WIAWMy Profile

51 Mindy @ Clueless Nut January 27, 2012 at 2:42 am

… and obviously I was so excited I misspelled perfect. :)
Mindy @ Clueless Nut recently posted..WIAWMy Profile

52 Lauren Rees January 27, 2012 at 2:49 am

So I am going to be 100% honest here and tell you that I totally sneak a read of your blog on my iphone during my day to get a good laugh. I am a 4th grade teacher so I need a good grown-up laugh sometimes!

Congrats!

53 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 27, 2012 at 4:08 pm

that makes me really happy.. haha. I know you sometimes need some laughs in the world of 4th grade!

54 Sarah January 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Congrats! This is exciting!
Sarah recently posted..Windy RunMy Profile

55 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Your video was amazing girl! I taped mine the other day and I literally said I would be ecstatic in mine too haha good luck!

56 Cait the Arty Runnerchick January 28, 2012 at 4:47 am

CONGRATS!!! that’s awesome and exciting news! :) keep it up and looking forward to reading u in print..hehe. which magazine will it be for??? must get more details…lol

57 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm

no congrats yet! this is just an audition :) thank you, though!

58 Kim January 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Very entertaining video! What song is playing at the end? I like it!

59 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 29, 2012 at 6:54 pm

ah! it’s one of my favorite Ke$ha songs, “Crazy, Beautiful Life.” :)

60 Cait the Arty Runnerchick January 29, 2012 at 5:38 am

haha…i jumped the gun, or maybe we’ll just say i kno u’ll get it?? good luck! :)
Cait the Arty Runnerchick recently posted..Indoor Track: Race it or Skip it…AND Falling into PinterestMy Profile