That New Year No One Told Me to Wipe My Face.

January 2, 2012 · 27 comments

I still can’t stop laughing.

That would be my stubborn face. Evidently, my New Years goal was to thwart anyone who told me to put my shoes on in the bar (read: everyone).

It appears I was going for the Stuart life approach.

What? You can’t see it? Let’s take a closer look.

Nobody even knows.

I’m confident I had that on my face for an extended period of time. You’re welcome, everybody at that bar in D.C. I’m sure that was a crapton of fun to watch.

And apparently I got it off at some point.

If you’re curious as to why I would have chocolate sauce on my face, I’ll give you some shots of shots.

It wasn’t chocolate sauce, though. After careful picture studying, it had to be the empenada or chicken on a stick sauce we nabbed off trays in the bar.

Possible New Years Resolution: eat without getting food all over face.

We were told by the all-knowing Yoda of the ABC store that mixing Pinnacle Whipped and Pinnacle Cake = a twinkie. Naturally, logic told us to mix the two, add chocolate sauce, and call them twinkie bombs.

Twinkies? No. Good? Yes.

(It’s Anastasia‘s birthday today! Happy birthday, gorgeous friend. I love you to pieces.)

I got yelled at for getting the Greek icon in the kitchen to dance. Apparently, she doesn’t want any part of Beyonce.

Speaking of “Single Ladies,” it was played several times. And the dance was done every. single. time.

See how elusive that DJ is? So inconvenient for all the Chris Brown I was trying to request. I spent a lot of my night asking the bartenders how I could “get up there to speak to him.”

In retrospect, I was probably turned down repeatedly because I was the chick with the crap on her face.

And the best part of New Year’s Eve was most definitely my midnight kiss.

For the second year in a row.

We spent the entirety of yesterday looking at the pictures over and over again. I can’t decide if everything is just hysterical in 2012 or if I just really had that great of a New Year’s celebration.

via

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 2, 2012 at 8:00 pm

bahaha.

That’s all I can muster out.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..roasted green cabbageMy Profile

2 Katy @ A Shot of Life January 2, 2012 at 8:28 pm

haha Looks like a great night! I had the same issue with my shoes at the bar- just wasn’t going to happen. ;-) The food-on-the-face picture is too funny! And I’m loving your dress!!
Katy @ A Shot of Life recently posted..Oh Hey, 2012My Profile

3 Lindsay January 2, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Where’d you get that dress?! I love it!

4 Kace January 2, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Hahahaha so many similarities…ex/ a) I have taken my shoes off at bars – or better yet the streets of Philadelphia – so many times my friends are convinced I have diseases. But when I get in that place with my feet, theres no stopping me. b) flavored vodka is my kryponite. I drank that whipped cream out of the bottle once…bad decision. Three Olives Cake Batter and Pineapple juice? New drink of choice.

Sorry for clogging your comment thread haha.
Kace recently posted..New Years FearsMy Profile

5 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry January 2, 2012 at 9:45 pm

LOVE that dress Aly-bopper! So glittery fantastic.
Also, I think the chocolate on your face is quite attractive.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Resolutions ShmesolutionsMy Profile

6 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 2, 2012 at 10:14 pm

<3 you <3 the dress. one day we'll kiss boys at midnight.
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Finally, a Fun New Years EveMy Profile

7 Chelsea January 2, 2012 at 10:15 pm

You are too funny haha! You look like you would be such a blast to hang out with :)!
Chelsea recently posted..Monday Fitness SuperstarMy Profile

8 Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner January 2, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I love that someecard! Hysterical. So true.
Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner recently posted..Things I Love Right Now…{14}My Profile

9 julie January 2, 2012 at 11:58 pm

at least you know that if you did in fact score a new years kiss that it would have tasted like chocolate?
julie recently posted..protein packed pasta saladMy Profile

10 Nicole @Sugar Coated Sisters January 3, 2012 at 12:38 am

Love the dress!!! Looks like such a fun time… minus the ignorant DJ. Happy New Year :)
Nicole @Sugar Coated Sisters recently posted..Cafe Divine, San Francisco – New Year’s DayMy Profile

11 Erika - The Teenage Taste January 3, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Walking around with a big smudge of sauce on your face? Yep, that is definitely something I’d do, so no hard feelings. I can’t eat anything without getting it all over my face/clothes! Good think you didn’t get any sauce on your dress – it’s so cute! :-D
Erika – The Teenage Taste recently posted..Chocolate Covered Toffee with Sea SaltMy Profile

12 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) January 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm

you’re adorable… even with chocolate mess all over your face. Bahah! :)
And the singles ladies dance? It is required whenever the song is played. So kudos!

13 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 3, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Too funny. :) Love the dress though! I love glamming it up on New Years. I should have worn my sequin dress too!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Brews n’ ShakesMy Profile

14 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 3, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I love your sequin dress! hahaha sounds like you had a fun night!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Caramelized Banana Bread with toasted CoconutMy Profile

15 Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter January 3, 2012 at 3:14 pm

haha! See- I would have had something in my teeth all night if I had went out :P Luckily you ended up wiping it off! It looks like you had such a fun New Years!! Love your dress, by the way.
Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..[no longer counting]My Profile

16 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts January 3, 2012 at 3:52 pm

haha love it! Man you were in DC! We didn’t go out at all, but we had a great new years eve :)

Happy New Year Alyssa! I hope 2012 is aaaaahhh-mazing :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..New Years “resolution-ers”My Profile

17 Sarah January 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm

You had a fantastic NYE! Single Ladies dance = classic!
Sarah recently posted..Running It InMy Profile

18 Bess @ Bess Be Fit January 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Love the sequined dress! Lookin’ fab girl :)
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..25 Minute Morning Circuit WorkoutMy Profile

19 Sarah OUaL January 3, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Everytime I sortofkinda think maybe it’s time to cut back on drinking… you post something like this and I immediately want to fly to the E coast and do some shots
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Getting SeriousMy Profile

20 Amber K January 3, 2012 at 7:40 pm

What a great dress! I have totally been that girl before too with food on my face and people too embarrassed to tell me. I am the worst at getting food on me while eating! Maybe I need to pay more attention? lol
Amber K recently posted..New Year’s BruisesMy Profile

21 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe January 3, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I’m sort of in love with all the sparkly dresses! We opted for Feetie Pajamas this NYE, all 15 of us at the party, not a single duplicate outfit! Who knew there were that many adult feetie pajama options?!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..You cut straight to the core of me, BaxterMy Profile

22 Allison @ Happy Tales January 4, 2012 at 1:49 am

haaahaha i LOVE that you “studied” your pics and realized that it was not, in fact, the chocolate sauce!!!!!!!!! amaaaaazing. looks like y’all had so much fun!!!

23 Krissy January 5, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Hey I love your dress!! Where is it from? I must know!