Cheating a Little Bit

January 12, 2012 · 40 comments

This stuff. It’s absolutely unreal.

And by sampling it, I’m cheating a little bit on my nutrition plan.

But ya know what?

Some cheats are worth it.

I’ve said it before. I’m a huge sucker for popcorn. It’s just one of those foods I’ve gotta have if it’s in my field of vision or smell.

…Is “field of smell” even a real term? I care not.

I think the J. Drizzle Gourmet Popcorn guys were spying on me in college. I was head of my college’s event planning board, and we popped fresh popcorn for almost every single event. I hung out by the popcorn popper and munched all night long. No shame in my game.

Not to mention the fact that I worked in the baseball concession stand and popped popcorn there, too. I had many popcorn dinners, and I smelled like popcorn more than I’d like to admit.

Needless to say, I could sing this song to popcorn all day long.

Thank you, J. Drizzle Gourmet Popcorn for providing the ultimate test of self control.

J. Drizzle has a ton of sweet and savory flavors. The ones I received are Garlic Parmesan, Dark Chocolate Chile (oooohhhhmahgosh), Movie Theater, and Cinnamon Toast. I’m so glad I got a variety of flavors, because I may have stood at my counter and tried a piece of each flavor, one by one.

Don’t tell Jim, okay?

I can’t decide which my favorite is. The Garlic Parmesan is awesome for a savory kick, but the Dark Chocolate Chile is fan-freaking-tastic with its sweet/spicy mix. Why haven’t I paired cayenne pepper with dark chocolate before? Hello?

My recommendation would be to grab a savory flavor and a sweet flavor. Switching between the Garlic Parmesan and the Dark Chocolate Chile is unreal.

Take our advice. Go get’cha some J. Drizzle Gourmet Popcorn.

And in honor of National Be Nice on the Internet Week, J. Drizzle is offering a free bag of caramel popcorn with any order made today and tomorrow (Friday) at midnight. Be sure to report back to me what flavors you try, ’cause I’m starting to think J. Drizzle should be a common item in my house. 😉

Around what snack food do you have little self control? I can’t be trusted around popcorn, cookie dough, or brownie batter. Salmonella is for the birds.

Sidenote: I’m also realizing how long it’s been since I’ve posted a video. Any requests for topics?

1 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 12, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I’m not a huge popcorn fan, but I’d be all over that chocolate one!

2 Rachel @ On The Bright Side January 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm

J Drizzle. Could be a jersey shore nickname. Or could be a delish snack I’m eyeing/open to eating for breakfast should I ever be given the opportunity. 🙂
Rachel @ On The Bright Side recently posted…"I will see it when I believe it"My Profile

3 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run January 12, 2012 at 2:48 pm

There’s a place in Seattle that sounds like J Drizzle called Kukaruza Popcorn. They have S’more popcorn with marshmallow and graham cracker chunks melted to the popcorn with chocolate. HOLY CRAP. It is good. I live in Orlando and had to order it for my family for Christmas. I need a vat big enough for me to dive in so I can eat my way out.
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted…Things I Do While Sitting on My ButtMy Profile

4 Melissa January 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm

PB filled pretzels = pure EVIL. We bought a tub this weekend and my bf has to put it up on top of the cabinets out of my reach because I just.cannot.stop.
Melissa recently posted…{semi}Wordless Wednesday: Milestones in ShoesMy Profile

5 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 12, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I have NO self control when it comes to cake. though thats not a snack food… well it could be? YUM!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted…A Day of Veggies & My Kitchen Is After MeMy Profile

6 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts January 12, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Uh cookie dough for SURE.. that and mac & cheese.. man I am a lard.
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted…My best friend is a genius (and so am I)!My Profile

7 Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves January 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I love popcorn! Especially with something sweet thrown in . I love a salty sweet combo. But it gives me a major stomach ache, so I try to stay away.
Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves recently posted…Deserted DessertsMy Profile

8 Mattie @ Comfy and Confident January 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I love popcorn! It is one of my biggest weaknesses! At least, the air popped kind is not so bad for you! Flavored popcorn is an irresistible treat. Once I start, I can never stop! J. Drizzle looks/sounds amazing and I love the name of the company, it sounds so ganstaaaa!
Mattie @ Comfy and Confident recently posted…So Many ActivitiesMy Profile

9 Melissa January 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I’m the same way you are. Popcorn is impossible to resist! Sweet, salty, savory, any combo and I’m all over it! Yum!

10 Kelsey @readysetfeast January 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I cannot be trusted around baguettes. I dream of them and when we have one in the house I constantly pick at it, until the entire thing is gone. Whoops…
Kelsey @readysetfeast recently posted…What Wife Beaters Mean to MeMy Profile

11 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie January 12, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Popcorn is one i cant be trusted around either – At work we make fresh (buttery) popcorn everyday at 4pm. I try and limit myself to one cup once a week!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted…Tuscan Bean Soup with ShrimpMy Profile

12 Michelle @ Blogitness January 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Cheating once in awhile in definitely okay! That popcorn looks amazing!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted…Search TermsMy Profile

13 Theresa January 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm

ohhhh girl we share the same obsession with popcorn…im sad to say i went through a whole tub of holiday popcorn this holiday season…womp. so i’m taking a little breather from popcorn but those pictures are fabuloussss…have you ever tried the lindt chili dark chocolate? i wonder if that popcorn tastes just like that…
Theresa recently posted…My thoughts on the Biggest Loser and homemade granolaMy Profile

14 Chelsea January 12, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Nutella! I can’t have that stuff in my house without going crazy.

15 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness January 12, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Oh sweet balls of popcorn.
I would be all over the garlic/parmesan popcorn. I’m a sucker for savory stuff like that!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted…AM/PM or Does It Matter?My Profile

16 Shelly January 12, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I am totally with you on popcorn! I’m going to have to check that stuff out! I know how bad for me popcorn is at the bar or other places where they pop it with all of that oil, but I just can’t seem to help myself. It tastes the best then!
I also am very into some other salty snacks, but if there is cake in the house… I’m a goner!
Shelly recently posted…Making LemonaideMy Profile

17 Heather @ Run Eat Play January 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I love popcorn. Whole Foods had a kettlecorn drizzles with chocolate that is so delicious!

18 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 12, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I’ve been using the heck outta’ my popcorn popper lately. I’ve experimented with wasabe, nooch, and sea salt toppings. Parm & garlic might be my next experiment!

I can’t be trusted around cookie dough, brownie batter, or cereal. I know cereal seems like an odd one, but seriously, I could eat 3 bowls at a sitting. Easily.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted…Runner Body vs. Gym-Rat BodyMy Profile

19 Christie January 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Salmonella is for the birds. Best quote of the day! Ha
Cookie dough ice cream, Portillos chocolate cake, and homemade chocolate chip cookies with milk 🙂 yum yum in the tum
Christie recently posted…B
As the waters come to settle, the happier I find myself. The…
My Profile

20 julie January 12, 2012 at 5:56 pm

🙁 i’m sad because of this post.
i’m sad because that popcorn isn’t in my life and it should be. and i’m sad that i’m too cheap to pay for it so i’m going to continue to be sad until i read your next post which will make me happy because it won’t involve expensive popcorn that i can’t afford. RIGHT?
julie recently posted…the letter of the day is “w!”My Profile

21 Amber K January 12, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I can’t eat popcorn, but I can’t be trusted around Chex mixes. And not the savory kind. The kind you make with peanut butter and chocolate or with caramel and nuts. Now that stuff is addictive!
Amber K recently posted…WLW: Exercise the Way YOU WantMy Profile

22 Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables January 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm

popcorn is absolutely that food for me too. It has fiber in it, right?!? 🙂

23 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 12, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I love popcorn – especially kettle corn, that sweet and salty combo is to die for! I could eat brownies all day, everyday… For serious, I like them that much.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted…Dreaming of Summer, Balsamic Cucumber-Onion SaladMy Profile

24 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 12, 2012 at 7:44 pm

i can never keep my hands off of chocolate/yogurt covered pretzels. ahhh that sweet-salty combo gets me every time! cookie dough is another one. whenever i make cookies, i’m doomed.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted…Trying Out A New Recipe #1: Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheeze by Oh She GlowsMy Profile

25 Bethany January 12, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Chips and salsa! Especially when out to eat at a Mexican restaurant…put those bad boys in front of me and I go to town. Normally ruining my appetite for my dinner, but I still manage to find room. Popcorn is a close second, I could eat a whole bag on my own no problem!
Bethany recently posted…Snow Day!My Profile

26 Emily January 13, 2012 at 4:04 am

Mmm…I’m drooling just reading this post!
I have absolutely no self control when it comes to roasted and/or salted nuts (especially cashews and almonds) and any flavor of Puffins! <3
Emily recently posted…WIAW #12: The Stomach Flu EditionMy Profile

27 Corrie Anne January 13, 2012 at 5:47 am

CHEETOS!! Especially flamin’ hot. But popcorn would probably be a close second. Especially when I make homemade caramel corn. The sampling kills me.
Corrie Anne recently posted…Skinny Chocolate Chippers + Fire 55My Profile

28 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm

The chocolate popcorn sounds incredible! I really can’t be trusted around any sweets … cookies, brownies, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Ben and Jerry’s, you name it. More power to you for doing this eating plan because I couldn’t give up my sweets! 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted…Whatcha Reading Weekend: The Hunger GamesMy Profile

29 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 15, 2012 at 12:02 am

The worst part about being told I shouldn’t eat corn anymore is the lack of popcorn in my diet. It’s depressing.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted…back to the basics: roasting vegetablesMy Profile

30 Kierston January 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm

There were many nights before when I had bags of popcorn for dinner. I love popcorn. I’m drooling as we speak. I want some J. Drizzle…Fo shizzle. I love PB M&Ms! I’m hungry 😉
Kierston recently posted…My Ultimate Goal + Some Exciting News!!!My Profile