Friday Stuff

January 27, 2012 · 44 comments

It’s finally here.

So here’s some random Friday stuff.

1. This girl has started PetSmart Pet Training.

“But what about that boot camp she went to with her breeder as a 6 month old puppy,” you ask? Well, that training juuust isn’t as effective as me training her.

So we’re learning to act like a lady.

I use that term loosely, however. Her first class involved pooping on the floor, projectile vomiting of her breakfast, and the shrill barking I’m sure all PetSmart employees and customers loved.

This lady’s a smart cookie, but this lady has a real attitude problem.

If you can’t tell by the dark photo, Chloe and I have begun a new tradition: Mom sets her alarm 10 minutes earlier, rolls out of bed and throws on Uggs and a hoodie, and we take a one-mile sunrise stroll before work.

Why did this not occur to me before? 10 minutes doesn’t really make a difference on my sleep, and I kinda like waking up to some (super) light cardio.

2. I have been a lunchtime salad monster.

My salads on my nutrition plan call for packed veggies and protein. I’ve been all about loading up on veggies, adding turkey for protein, and throwing some grapes on there to sweeten things up. I round it all out with some EVOO and vinegar. And I love it.

Speaking of the nutrition plan, it’s still happenin’. You’ll get an update soon.

3. I am also a happy rider on the New-Chobani-Flavor train.

I may get crucified for this, but I’m really not huge on the new Blood Orange flavor. I didn’t hate it, but… meh.

On the other hand, I could happily eat Apple Cinnamon for the rest of my life. I’d be a very happy girl.

4. This stuff is UNREAL.

I’ve been scoring some slam dunks in the omelet department by throwing together egg whites, Lightlife Gimme Lean Ground Sausage, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, and cheddar cheese.

Holy moly, you need to try this stuff. I picked mine up at Trader Joe’s, and you’d really never know it’s veggie protein.

Or maybe I just don’t have very mature taste buds. Either way, the stuff’s good, and the nutrition facts are pretty impressive.

5. I forgot to show you my cute Christmas present.

Lisa-Marie actually Googled “gift ideas for bloggers” for my Christmas present. She stumbled upon this website that makes twitter handle jewelry, and from there, ordered me an adorable little silver necklace that reads @ablyssa. My coworkers were asking me why there’s a “b” in my name.

I told them to not worry about it.

But really, how cute is this bracelet?

6. I’m so into the feathers lately.

Feel free to call me Steven Tyler, but lately, I’ve been sporting a crazy amount of feathers.

Speaking of which, the color palette for my living room is peacock-inspired. I’ve got a moss-colored papazan chair cushion (yes, I’m out of college. It’s an old chair my parents no longer wanted), a steel gray sofa cover, and assorted teal, moss, and ivory throw pillows. They go well with the spray of peacock feathers on my mantle.

It actually looks like Maggie’s wearing the feathers. That’s cute, Mag.

Whoever points me in the direction of some stylish, affordable, big teal-colored wall art/mirror gets a prize. I’ve been on the hunt, but nothing has really caught my eye.

I also need an old window pane so I can do this on my mantle. I want it badly.

Also, if I found another torn up feather on the floor, I’m shipping Chloe off to the highest bidder.

Who wants a black lab? Bids start at $3.

1 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Happy Friday back at ya! That salad looks great. I am very interested to hear how that nutrition plan is going. Way to stick with it!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Tiffos RancherosMy Profile

2 Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables January 27, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Totally agree about the chobani flavors. Blood orange does pretty much nothing for me-but the apple cinnamon and the mango (which i just discovered..i know) are AMAZING.

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm

so many people LOVE the blood orange! I’m glad I’m not the only one who is unimpressed.

4 janae@hungryrunnergirl.com January 27, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I LOVE YOUR NECKLACE….I have been wanting one of those forever. Your salad looks amazing, you are rocking your plan. Omelets…I could eat them everyday. Happy Friday gorgeous girl!

5 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer January 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm

That necklace is adorable!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Celebration DinnerMy Profile

6 Theresa January 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm

that new chobani flavor is my newest OBSESSION! yum!!

such a cute necklace! and i feel your pain on misbehaving dogs…mine can be bad as well, except he’s an 8 year old grandpa who is set on his ways ;)
Theresa recently posted..Greek date night and KombuchaMy Profile

7 Bess @ Bess Be Fit January 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm

One crazy black lab is enough for me :) I actually don’t really like the apple cinnamon chobani flavor! ahh I feel like I might be the only one!
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..FITspiration Friday: Special Edition AND Giveaway WinnersMy Profile

8 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I haven’t tried blood orange, but I am not loving passion fruit with all its crunchy seeds. Apple Cinnamon is a gold medal winner though fo sho.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..What’s My Age Again?My Profile

9 Bari January 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Happy Friday! I absolutely LOVE the necklace and can’t wait to try those new Chobani flavors. So far they haven’t hit my store yet. :(
Bari recently posted..Friday FunniesMy Profile

10 Sami January 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm
11 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Cute necklace! I’m with you on both the blood orange (just okay) and sausage (DELISH!). Have a great weekend <3
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Bread Pudding – Two WaysMy Profile

12 Sheelbeel January 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Between the puppy and the necklace – that was whole lot of cute photos! And I also LOVE packed salads and greek yoghurt – so much awesomeness in one post!
Sheelbeel recently posted..Today’s Family CircusMy Profile

13 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts January 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm
14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 27, 2012 at 6:05 pm

that’s really cute!

15 Jenn's Adventures January 27, 2012 at 6:31 pm

LOVE that window pane mirror — just repinned it:)

16 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 27, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I LOVE YOU.
And also I love all fake meat products too. People are like “eww it tasted fake” and I’m like “uhh this tastes pretty darn delicious to me”. but I generally say that about all food.
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..My Take on the Live Fit Meal PlanMy Profile

17 Amber K January 27, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Blood Orange is actually the only one of those I want to try. But I’ve never tried any of them. I’ve tried all of their old flavors and of those pineapple is definitely the best. I have to go find some soon!
Amber K recently posted..Television Addiction and MeMy Profile

18 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm

1. I’ll take Chloe!

2. I love Blood Orange, haven’t tried Apple Cinn yet

3. That dress you are wearing pretty much rocks my world.

19 Jacqui January 27, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I am with you on Chobani – OBSESSED with the apple cinnamon but not really into the blood orange. Mehhh. Also, did you try to new passionfruit one? It’s good but the seeds in it are disgusting. I had to pick them all out before finishing!

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 27, 2012 at 8:15 pm

still haven’t tried passionfruit yet!

21 Heather @ Run Eat Play January 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I love the apple cinnamon and blood orange Chobani flavors, but I hate the passion fruit flavor. What’s up with the seeds in it that taste like sticks?

Love the necklace!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Gone but Not ForgottenMy Profile

22 Alba&Dilek @ TwoBaklavasStory January 27, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I def agree with you on the new Chobani flavors! My favorite is the blood orange one!

23 Julia January 27, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I completely agree about the blood orange flavor…the apple cinnamon on the other hand is amaazzzzinggggggg!!!!!

24 Julia January 27, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Also, try light life’s ground taco mix…amazing as well :)

25 Bridget @ Type A-Frame Personality January 27, 2012 at 9:47 pm

We took our dog Chicken to the petsmart training and it worked out really well. “Really well” in the sense that she was really obedient afterwards, but the trainers dog coming in on their “graduation night” and attacking Chicken and her having to get staples in her little snout kinda sucked. I can not imagine that happening ever again though so good luck!
Bridget @ Type A-Frame Personality recently posted..Tgif everyone!My Profile

26 julie January 27, 2012 at 10:22 pm

OBSESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED with you video! hahaha i died a little its awesome youre awesome. xoxo
julie recently posted..fact & fiction fridayMy Profile

27 Shannon January 27, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Okay, here’s the thing about Chloe and her feather fetish. I’m a human person (and obviously a really smart one) and I think feathers feel amazing! I can only imagine that do a dog, they feel like freaking heaven. Heaven in the form of something that used to be an animal that they would hunt. Maybe she’s just trying to get back to her roots?
Shannon recently posted..Tinkerbell Half Marathon: The Official Review… (one, two, three… NOT)My Profile

28 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 27, 2012 at 11:37 pm

You’re so full of spunk my dear! I loved your random Friday post.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..The Challenges of Living a Healthy Lifestyle in NYCMy Profile

29 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 27, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I finally had Chobani for the first time in my life this week … because my local grocery store finally carried it! I got the apple kind, and believe it or not, I wasn’t a huge fan. I had to add some granola to really enjoy it. Maybe I just have too bad of a sweet tooth, and the natural flavoring didn’t cut it for me?

I’m going to be kicked out of the cool bloggers club now, aren’t I? :/
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..New Kicks and Whatcha Reading WeekendMy Profile

30 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 28, 2012 at 1:07 am

Charlie has quite a bit of ‘tude too – he think he’s the king of the castle.

aaand I looved blood orange!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts fridayMy Profile

31 Royar January 28, 2012 at 1:21 am

I’ll take Chloe…I need my black lab fix! I can’t wait to try the new chobani! XO
Royar recently posted..Lilly Pulitzer Ricci ReduxMy Profile

32 Kaelin January 28, 2012 at 2:57 am

Glad doggy training is going so well ;)!! I tame my energizer bunny (aka 7 year old mutt) by daily long walks or runs. She loves it! The worse part is while it wears her out in the short term, it also conditions her. Which means more running for me too! But I LOVE running with her as my buddy. A tired dog is a well behaved dog.

I finally found the apple cinnamon flavor today! Haven’t tried it, but I am excited.

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 29, 2012 at 8:57 pm

you’re so right – a tired dog is a MUCH better behaved dog!

34 Jay January 28, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Hey, I’m a new reader, so if you’ve already commented on that, I apologize – what was the reason you started following a nutrition plan in the first place? Are you preparing for some kind of a competition/work or something?

35 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 28, 2012 at 4:47 pm

nope! :) my friend Jim owns his own fitness and nutrition studios here in VA Beach and volunteered to set me up with a plan after our marathon. I went kinda food-crazy during training (SO HUNGRY all the time), so I gained a few pounds I was eager to shed. now, I’m just attempting to make it healthy HABITS… not a temporary plan.

36 Josie @ happycorredora.com January 28, 2012 at 7:55 pm

That salad looks awesome. Usually I don’t eat salads because they don’t fill me up and are kind of bland, but I don’t think I have been making them right!
Josie @ happycorredora.com recently posted..Elements of a Training PlanMy Profile

37 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm

gotta get the protein on there! ;)

38 samanthaowen07 January 30, 2012 at 2:23 am

So it’s not just my black lab that has an attitude problem!! Whew!! I’m really considering putting him in the Petsmart training. He can sit, stay, do tricks, yada yada but dang does he have a ‘tude!!! Loves to talk back lol.

39 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 30, 2012 at 2:47 am

sounds familiar! I’ve heard it gets better between the ages of 1 1/2 – 3. I’m still waiting.

40 Samantha January 30, 2012 at 3:01 am

Ugh he’ll be 1 next month. Looks like I’ll be waiting with you lol.

41 kyleen January 30, 2012 at 4:53 am

I knew this guy who used to say ballin’ a lot in totally random conversations. That Greek yogurt, however, definitely deserves to be called ballin’.
kyleen recently posted..Daring Bakers Challenge: Cheese BiscuitsMy Profile

42 Kati @ Around the Plate January 30, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I love love LOVE the necklace! I think I need one of those. :)
Kati @ Around the Plate recently posted..Empowering the Healthy Woman WithinMy Profile

43 Krysty February 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I loved the new Chobani Blood Orange flavor…sad you didn’t. You should make your own teal colored accessories! Spray paint is cheap! (p.s. did you know they make GLITTER spray paint? hmmmm….) Check out that seasonal section at Target in the home decor section…doesn’t matter the color…then paint on!
Krysty recently posted..Playing catch-up!My Profile