Birthday Wishes

January 9, 2012 · 46 comments

I had a truly blyssful birthday yesterday.

And just in case you’re wondering what you can still get me for my birthday…

Other than VOTING for me here

to join Chocolate Milk Team Refuel by typing “ALYSSA” and clicking
(my ultimate birthday wish would probably be for you all to vote daily until Sunday, January 15)

Other than that, I’ve compiled a list of things I’d be very happy to receive. I’ll even act surprised upon opening the gift.

via

via

This could come in so handy. so. often.

via

I do tend to get messy sometimes.

via

Then I’d just need to snag a roommate to come in and laugh at me every time I peek through the profile picture window.

via

A bubble wrap calendar. What the heck have we been doing all our lives with regular calendars?!

And maybe a blog button that says “I’m Gina‘s baby’s birthday buddy.” How cool is it that precious little Olivia was born on my birthday (congrats to Gina and the Pilot!)?

Which, by the way, is also Elvis’ birthday.

And… ya know, I wouldn’t mind receiving one of the following for my birthday:

via

via

And I’m still waiting on the WineRack. Just sayin. ;)

A birthday activities recap will appear tomorrow. Thank you all for the many birthday wishes. My friends, family, and readers made it a very special day. :)

1 kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Happy belated birthday hope it was fabulous and I hope you get one of those awesome gifts lol. Especially the shower curtains ;)
kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Costa Rica recap 6My Profile

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 9, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I have a pad of fake parking tickets with a nasty/funny message about being more considerate. Best investment ever – you feel so good after slapping one on someone’s windsheild!

Glad you had a great birthday!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..From Steaks to SmoothiesMy Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I’m proud to say I’ve never received one of those babies before!

4 Brittany *Sparkles* January 9, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Happy birthday girlie!!!

That noodle mask made me lol
Brittany *Sparkles* recently posted..Weekend Recap and BETTER than the $1 (Dollar) MenuMy Profile

5 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts January 9, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Happy Belated birthday Alyssa :) I hope it was a wonderful one :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Weekend Round-upMy Profile

6 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry January 9, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I’m pumped for your recap! Glad your birthday was sexy.
I would really REALLY like to own those band-aids. Badly.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Nothing to See HereMy Profile

7 julie January 9, 2012 at 7:02 pm

HAPPY BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTH

DAY!
julie recently posted..my new gameMy Profile

8 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 9, 2012 at 7:05 pm

happy day-late birthday!!! i’m glad you had a wonderful one! :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Brunch DateMy Profile

9 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 9, 2012 at 7:05 pm

oh my godddd that shower curtain is hysterical.
love you happy birthday!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Missed ‘FitsMy Profile

10 KAlie January 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm

happy belated birthday

11 Michelle @ Blogitness January 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I want those band-aids! Too cute! Hope you had a great birthday!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Why I Chose a Career as a Freelance Journalist Edition 1My Profile

12 Theresa January 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm

those bandaids are awesome!! hahaha, happy birthday!!!
Theresa recently posted..A whole new year and sauce makingMy Profile

13 Meg January 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I got my brothers those bandaids for chirstmas!!! So good
Meg recently posted..Marathon and Backwards PantsMy Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 10, 2012 at 7:03 pm

you must be the greatest sistah on earth.

15 Amber K January 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I would be way too chicken to actually use those parking tickets. But I’d laugh my butt off if I saw one on my car. Because I always need at least two tries to park correctly. Can I drive? yes. Can I park? No. ;)
Amber K recently posted..Lazy WeekendMy Profile

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 9, 2012 at 8:22 pm

if you think about it, it’s prrrobably more important to be a good driver.

17 Amber K January 9, 2012 at 8:40 pm

lol that’s true!
Amber K recently posted..Lazy WeekendMy Profile

18 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy January 9, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Glad you had such a great bday! And OMG. Those band aids and faux parking tix. Need. So. Much.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Mexican Shredded PorkMy Profile

19 Celia January 9, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Social shower curtain…LOL!

happy belated birthday!
Celia recently posted..joe kleinerman 10k long runMy Profile

20 Shannon January 9, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Is it weird that when I saw the bubble wrap calendar, all I could think about was streamrollering across it? Seriously, that would be SO fun.
And Channing Tatum is delicious.
Shannon recently posted..CaffeineMy Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 10, 2012 at 3:32 am

steamrolling is one of my favorite activities. with or without bubble wrap.

22 Heather @ Run Eat Play January 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Hope you had a great birthday! Those bandaids are great – too fuuny. I’d wear them even if I didn’t have a boo-boo just to look cool.
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..There’s a Passion in my YogurtMy Profile

23 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers January 9, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Glad you had a good birthday! :) I’m still waiting on the wine rack too, but I think those bandages could at least hold me over until I get it.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..The Run That Almost WonMy Profile

24 Brooke @ Exercise For Fries January 9, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Haaaaappy birthday! Looks like ya had a blast!

25 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 9, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Alyssa! Those band-aids are hilarious. I got some on my birthday that look like strips of bacon…yeah lol.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Quit Playing GamesMy Profile

26 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance January 9, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Omg I need that head thing for eating soup! I alllwayyysss get my hair all gunky lol. I wonder if they actually exist?!
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..Goodbye freedomMy Profile

27 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 9, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Happppy Birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful time :D Those are my two favorite men. Too. Hot.

28 Laurie January 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Happy happy *late* birthday! Your noodle mask/visor is in the mail :)

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 10, 2012 at 3:31 am

YES. thank you.

30 Dad January 9, 2012 at 10:51 pm

New life purpose for u: Stay Safe, Stay Cute, Stay Happy

31 Mom January 9, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Another new purpose. Obedience train Chloe:)

32 Erika - The Teenage Taste January 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Alyssa! Glad to hear your day was awesome!

As for those gifts…I WANT THEM ALL! Especially that bubble wrap calender…pure awesomeness! :-D
Erika – The Teenage Taste recently posted..Half-Wheat Naan BreadMy Profile

33 Sarah January 10, 2012 at 1:21 am

You are hilarious and i love every single of one your posts! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

34 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 10, 2012 at 3:29 am

well thankya!

35 Merrie January 10, 2012 at 1:58 am

Now I’m craving bubble wrap! What a genius idea. And the mason jar poster made me giggle. Im a new reader and I love your blog btw!

36 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 10, 2012 at 3:30 am

WELCOME! :)

37 Rach January 10, 2012 at 3:43 am

Such a great list! I totally dig the bandaids (I cracked up the first time I saw them on Pinterest) – also, the bubble wrap calendar – very cool!
Rach recently posted..Perhaps the World’s Best LasagnaMy Profile

38 Tiffany @ Snack Snark Bark January 10, 2012 at 4:43 am

OMG I want that face guard for when I eat soup (sip soup?)

Glad to hear you had a fabulous bday :)

39 Rowena@ Custom Suits January 10, 2012 at 7:51 am

Great post and Happy Birthday! Wish I can get you that soup guard for your day! However, that seems not plausible at the moment.
Rowena@ Custom Suits recently posted..Vintage Custom SuitsMy Profile

40 Kelsey @readysetfeast January 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I totes have that head wrap thing. It def comes in handy while eating food, nothing like keeping your hair out of your food. This is clearly the only way how.
Kelsey @readysetfeast recently posted..2012 Resolutions- Finally!My Profile

41 Katy @ HaveYouHurd January 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hey sorry I didn’t get you anything that you asked for – but I can give you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTMHLsllsRc

You’re welcome, Honey Boo Boo Child.
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..2nd CT Scan Results – WOOP WOOPMy Profile

42 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 10, 2012 at 7:03 pm

greatest birthday present thus far.

43 Lauren January 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I totally LOL-ed at that social shower curtain. I used to have bacon and egg bandaids. They were entirely entertaining. Glad you had a good birthday!
Lauren recently posted..Simple Cornmeal PancakesMy Profile

44 christina January 13, 2012 at 4:18 pm

HAHAH what the heck is that face mat thing? Amazing. I need one for when I read food blogs bc I tend to drool on myself/keyboard. Not really, but you know what I’m saying. :) HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
christina recently posted..Tagged on Thursday / Factual FridayMy Profile

45 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm

know what’s weird…? I totally do too.