Wordless Wednesday: Scenes from NYC

December 21, 2011 · 26 comments

I lied. This actually has words.

But only enough to tell you how much I adore Manhattan

and its rooftop bars

at which I am given a red hooded robe, hot rum apple cider, and coffee with Bailey’s (thank you, 230 Fifth).

And traipsing through Central Park, obviously.

Where I was jealous of every single runner passing me. Why can’t I take my runs through The Big Apple?

Or sit on one of those benches on a daily basis like Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda?

And look at those lights all year round

with some fantastic company

And play in a Bulgarian ice cage regularly?

Yeah.

I’ll just leave you to try to figure that one out.

In the meantime, I’ll be staring longingly at NYC magazine job listings. Someone hold me back.

1 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 21, 2011 at 5:18 pm

(sighs longingly) that all looks much better than sitting in my cubicle at work right now. especially when it’s crap outside.
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – Dinner & a Show!My Profile

2 kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 21, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I need to go to 230 fifth ASAP! I would like to be greated with hot rum cider, Bailey’s in coffee and a red robe please!

3 Brittany (healthy slice of life) December 21, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Oh your pictures are awesome and make me want to visit NYC so badly! I’ve never been but hope to fix that next year. :)
Brittany (healthy slice of life) recently posted..WIAW: Things Bad Parents DoMy Profile

4 Amber K December 21, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I have watched way too much Law & Order to ever want to run in NYC ;) Looks like you had fun!
Amber K recently posted..Christmas Candy ExperimentsMy Profile

5 Sarah OUaL December 21, 2011 at 6:14 pm

That is a good looking manfriend you have. And fur hat. Yeah I really like that hat. Too bad my invite got lost in the mail… next time, right?
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Oh, My Weekend?My Profile

6 Katie December 21, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I’m going to have to try these bars you went to! And learning to become a runner in Central Park is pretty much the best, especially the reservoir. I hope you got to see that part!
Katie recently posted..Surprise!My Profile

7 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 21, 2011 at 6:28 pm

LOL!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Rome, Part 2My Profile

8 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com December 21, 2011 at 6:32 pm

LUCKY!! I LOVE NYC so so so very much. You look stunning as usual!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..First Post and The Cure.My Profile

9 Kelsey December 21, 2011 at 7:13 pm

that looks SO fun! :)

btw, your eyes are SUPER BLUE and so pretty!!!
Kelsey recently posted..New Book & Larabar!My Profile

10 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 21, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Looks like a fun time. I’ll get up there one day – hopefully sooner than later.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..WIAW: Holiday-ish EditionMy Profile

11 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 21, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Sarah’s right. That’s one fine friend you’ve got there ;)

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 21, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Aww you look like you’re having so much fun!! I’m totally jealous! I’ve only been to NYC twice, and I had a great time on both occasions. I don’t think I could live there, though. I already need to wear earplugs to sleep … I can’t even imagine trying to sleep in the middle of NYC every night!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Our Anniversary Weekend!My Profile

13 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Looks like an awesome time! It’s my dream to go to New York one day!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Serial Killer or Sweet Old Lady?My Profile

14 Sarah December 21, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Seriously looks like so much fun. I looove New York. I haven’t been in forever but this post just made me want to no NEED to book a trip asap! Have fun!!!

15 Emily December 21, 2011 at 10:47 pm

NOTHING compares to NYC at Christmas time.
Your pictures are gorgeous. It looks like you’re having an amazing time! :)
Emily recently posted..WIAW #11: The Case of the Missing VeggiesMy Profile

16 Katie December 22, 2011 at 12:23 am

You can absolutely move in with me. A drinking/running buddy and having a dog around sounds perfect!
Katie recently posted..Surprise!My Profile

17 Shelby December 22, 2011 at 12:33 am

I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write with regards to here. Again, awesome blog!
Shelby recently posted..self hypnosisMy Profile

18 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling December 22, 2011 at 1:41 am

I want to go to NYC so badly during the holidays. Everything looks so beautiful decorated for the holidays!
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..WIAWMy Profile

19 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 22, 2011 at 2:13 am

Totally feel you. I plan on moving out there in a year or two because I love it so much. In the meantime…scouring the job listings.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..A Little SneakMy Profile

20 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life December 22, 2011 at 4:39 am

As much as I love living in New York, I feel like the grass is always greener on the other side. That being said, it is a pretty awesome place to live! ;)
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..WIAW featuring Chicken DivanMy Profile

21 Julie December 22, 2011 at 6:11 am

230 Fifth is THE BEST. I was there a few weeks ago during my first trip to NYC. Robes, awesome cider, and some free bottle service action (yesssssss)…it was a fantastic night.

22 julie December 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm

do it. do it. so we can romp together!

btw who’s that lovely looking boy next to you. get it girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl