The First Measurements

December 22, 2011 · 40 comments

I’ve got news.

And it’s good news.

Many of you have been inquiring all about my nutrition plan created for me by my good friend Jim who owns his own fitness and nutrition studio (read more about the plan here, here, and here).

Yesterday hit the 30-day mark of my plan, and moseyed on over to Jim’s for my first measurements.

Now, keep in mind… this is on the plan Jim created for me plus some wiggle room. I have been traveling a lot lately, and therefore, I’ve been unable to keep my regimen perfect.

I have, however, been staying away from holiday treats. Snaps for me… I recommend this plan of action if you’re avoiding the holiday poundage. ;)

My inability to follow Jim’s plan just reinforces how well Jim’s personalized plan works — I’m seeing results regardless of my inability to follow the plan absolutely perfectly.

After 30 days:

• weight: 5 pounds lost
  • waist: .5 inch lost
  • hips: 1.75 inch lost
  • abdomen: 1.5 inches lost
  • body fat: 2% decrease
  • BMI: .6 decrease

Jim was a proud Yoda.

And now, 30 days to go until my next check-in. The plan won’t change, save an increase in loyalty on my part. ;)

Now for the hard part — steering clear of the santa hat trail mix leftovers and my sister’s chocolate pecan pie I’m sure she’s bringing to Christmas (hint hint, Amy… ooorrr maybe just don’t make it so my life is easier).

Stay away, santa hats.

Today is the last day to enter the Love Grown Foods granola giveaway!

1 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 22, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Oh. My. God. Are those santa hats made of bugles and marshmallows?!

Congrats on your progress lady!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Santa Baby Workout! via FitSugarMy Profile

2 Chels R. December 22, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I just pinned ur santa hat trail mix to Pinterest. :-)

GREAT job on the measurements! I’m like you and trying to avoid all of the goodies. Oh so difficult. Just have to bump up my time in the gym/mileage a bit.
Chels R. recently posted..Jingle Bell 5K Run Recap.My Profile

3 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 22, 2011 at 8:27 pm

That is awesome progress!!! Great job! :D

4 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List December 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Great Job! How long do you think you’ll be on this eating plan?
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..thursday’s theme = ramblingMy Profile

5 Stephanie Walter December 22, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I sooo want to do this, but how can we get benefits from Jim if we don’t live in VA?

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 23, 2011 at 5:04 am

he does e-training! :)

7 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness December 22, 2011 at 8:58 pm

That’s awesome! Congrats!!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..SuccessMy Profile

8 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 22, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Great job! I think staying away from holiday treats would kill me! Those santa hats are adorable!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..RandomnessMy Profile

9 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 22, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Awesome job! This post made me feel guilty because I just ate half a brownie and 2 cookies that the office had catered. Sugar crash in 3…2….1…..*head on keyboard*
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..A Little SneakMy Profile

10 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 22, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Don’t feel guilty..I think it’s okay to spoil ourselves during the holidays :)!

11 Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time December 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I agree with you! Holidays are MEANT for spoiling yourself on insanely delicious cookies and other treats. But it’s also good to remember moderation.

Congratulations on your good job! That’s an incredibly awesome achievement, especially at this time of year!
Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time recently posted..I Can WalkMy Profile

12 Chelsea December 22, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Way to go! I wish I had a friend like him to create myself such a phenomenal plan haha!
Chelsea recently posted..5 miles in 48:21My Profile

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 22, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Wow, that’s impressive. You were in NYC, and you (basically) stuck to the plan? I SO do not have that kind of self-control! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Our Anniversary Weekend!My Profile

14 Kat @ Balance & Spice December 23, 2011 at 12:41 am

Congrats on all your success! That’s fabulous. It sounds like a great plan, as well. Im struggling to get enough protein in – any tips?
Kat @ Balance & Spice recently posted..Joy in Little ThingsMy Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 23, 2011 at 5:05 am

lots of 0% greek yogurt, turkey breast, cottage cheese, EAS shakes… and more :)

16 nicole marie December 23, 2011 at 1:06 am

yeah!!! yes, snaps for you!
is jim single? he’s a hottie!
happy christmas, fabulous girl! x
nicole marie recently posted..sushi birthday cake design, by the exbulimic!My Profile

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 23, 2011 at 5:05 am

haha! jim IS single… ;)

18 kristi @ sweetly fit December 23, 2011 at 1:29 am

Congrats on the results! That will give you good motivation to keep on going!
kristi @ sweetly fit recently posted..Reading = Winning.My Profile

19 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy December 23, 2011 at 2:00 am

That is very impressive! I’m doing a new fitness program and trying really hard to focus more on measurements and less on the scale. Not that I don’t check in every morning, bc I’m crazy and obsessive and that will never change, but it’s just a *little* less important….
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Can’t StopMy Profile

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 23, 2011 at 5:05 am

I don’t even own a scale for this reason. I’d so rather go off the way I feel and the way my clothes fit.

21 Lea December 23, 2011 at 4:58 am

Dude. You get to eat 6-7 times a day and lose weight? I knew you couldn’t go wrong with this meal plan. In all honesty though, you inspired me to eat smaller meals more often throughout the day. Congrats on your success!
Lea recently posted..“Put on some music, but not Christmas music.”My Profile

22 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 23, 2011 at 5:06 am

Lea, I’m so glad! isn’t it so much better?

23 Lyka Ricks December 23, 2011 at 7:32 am

The santa hats are tempting, Christmas season is the tempting season to eat and we will hold ourselves to stick on the routine, otherwise we will not achieve the goal while plans are already set.
Lyka Ricks recently posted..Setting Fire to the RainMy Profile

24 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts December 23, 2011 at 2:08 pm

great job! I could not stay away from the holiday treats :(.. it is just too hard. I have no willpower!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Christmas At Mamma’s HouseMy Profile

25 Amber K December 23, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Wow, congrats! Can’t deny those kind of results. I’m going to be enjoying my holiday treats in moderation this month.
Amber K recently posted..Holiday Do’s and Don’tsMy Profile

26 Rach December 23, 2011 at 10:02 pm

You go girl!! Congrats to you! :)
Rach recently posted..The Baby Dance… another other recent happeningsMy Profile

27 julie December 24, 2011 at 12:27 am

get. it. gurl.

28 Katie December 24, 2011 at 3:37 am

YAYYYY! Go you. Now I’m real serious Jim, can you come live with me? I went to the gym..used my free training sesh and the man looked at me like I was crazy- the fact that I’d never done a squat in my life probably didn’t help my case..

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 24, 2011 at 7:05 pm

katie. we need each other.

30 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie December 24, 2011 at 7:05 pm

WOW!~ what a difference 30 days will make!

31 Katie M December 26, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Hey Alyssa… any chance you’ll be able to post what exactly the diet and work out plans are? Or pass on your friends info so he can make me one? =) What’s the cost? Hope you had a wonderful Christmas

32 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 26, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I wish I could do that! but if I did, Jim wouldn’t have a business. :) you can, however, shoot him an e-mail asking for a price quote for our own plan. :)

33 what katie's baking January 2, 2012 at 8:53 pm

congrats alyssa, that’s so awesome! i wanna do that, too. i’m trying to tone up and it is nooott working

34 Juliette @ Finish Your Broccoli February 3, 2012 at 2:23 pm

More hip-hop jamzzz for a fellow “Shots” lover! Gurl, I got a weak spot for that and really any other rap song between 1998-2006.
Juliette @ Finish Your Broccoli recently posted..24 in 2012My Profile