Speaking of Style…

December 13, 2011 · 45 comments

You should see what I’ve been rockin’ in honor of the holidays.

Or I guess I should say… what I’ve been coercing my friends to wear with me on the holidays.

Because as you all know, I rarely make a fool out of myself solo.

That’s right. For the tacky Christmas party, we were the Tacky Tinsel Twins. Mad props to Heidi Jo for agreeing to this (yeah, I just said “mad props”).

A pretty easy/inexpensive costume, too. All you need is some garland, present bows, and a little creativity. And a big fat black Santa belt.

And a willing friend to sport a costume which makes you both look slightly obese.

I also recommend making friends with Frank (in his Bieber Santa getup), because he makes for some great photo ops.

But who really needs mistletoe this days?

If you’re lucky, Santa will show up, too.

And remember that Surf n Santa 10 miler Anastasia and I ran two weeks ago?

We may have run in sporting gift sacks. Clearly, everyone around us was wondering if we truly did belong in Corral 1.

No. Shame.

Whatcha think of that red lipstick action?

We made sure to hold hands for the finish, since we didn’t get to do so for the marathon.

Cute gift sacks, right?

And yes, I am filing this post under “fashion.” Because that’s most definitely this is.

1 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Love it! I pretty much love any race that allows me to run in costume. I did the Santa Shuffle as an elf (go check out my pics, they’re pretty rockin’!), the Thanksgiving Day 5k as a Turkey (the only one in costume out of 1200 runners), and plan to do my 1/1 race in Feetie Pajamas, cuz why not?!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Janine and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day…My Profile

2 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans December 13, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Lovin’ the style!! Tinsel is pretty much the cousin to sparkles and sequins and we all know how in they are this time of year!! :)
Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans recently posted..50 Tough Questions Part OneMy Profile

3 Sylvia @ frolic through life December 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm

You seriously come up with the best costumes in life. I love the tacky tinsel twins. If I come to va can we be triplets? Pretty please. :)
Sylvia @ frolic through life recently posted..Peanut Butter Blossoms for the Great Food Blogger Cookie SwapMy Profile

4 Sarah OUaL December 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I am absolutely in love with this. You are a gorgeous tinsel twinner and I’m obviously getting very jealous of Anastasia. Kindly tell her to watch her back…
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Holiday Half – Bah Humbug, CholaMy Profile

5 kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm

You are so creative I am so jealous!!! I love your costume ideas!
kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Is your fridge making you fat?My Profile

6 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 13, 2011 at 5:14 pm

That is hilarious! Ugly sweaters can’t touch your garland dress.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Pumpkin Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

7 Coco December 13, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I love the party dresses.. you have found your calling- I see you on the cover of Vogue any day now :)
Coco recently posted..Babysitting countdown. Upper Body W/OMy Profile

8 theAlmostRunner December 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Awesome makeup and tinsel. But… isn’t that itchy? : )
theAlmostRunner recently posted..Budget Buster?My Profile

9 theAlmostRunner December 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I mean… really? haha It IS super, super adorable though.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..Budget Buster?My Profile

10 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 13, 2011 at 5:44 pm

you’re stinkin’ hilarious. I love this.

11 Lindsay @ biking before bed December 13, 2011 at 5:50 pm

If this doesn’t qualify as fashion I am not sure what does!
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Holiday Nutty Buddy BarsMy Profile

12 Amber K December 13, 2011 at 6:05 pm

lol, truly showing that if you just have the confidence to rock an outfit you can look stunning in everything.
Amber K recently posted..Holiday DisastersMy Profile

13 Kristin December 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm

You are so creative with your costume ideas! I might even love the tinsel costume more than the loofa one, but only kinda :p

14 Jamie@cupcakedynamite December 13, 2011 at 6:10 pm

What I am most proud of here are your CURLS! Did you do them yourself? I am so sad I can’t gym with you today but I guess I’m sweaty enough just sitting here.
Jamie@cupcakedynamite recently posted..remember whenMy Profile

15 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry December 13, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Oh beautiful. Both outfits are just beautiful, and I am especially loving the tinsel! Perfect for a tacky Christmas party.

And yes, I am loving the luscious rouge lips! I am more of a lip gloss kind of gal, but I noticed it on you immediately and thought RAWR! Maybe I have been missing out…
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..How to Not Hate Running (not that I’m an expert)My Profile

16 Bess @ Bess Be Fit December 13, 2011 at 6:15 pm

LOVE that red lipstick and all of your Christmas outfits…I have documentation of some embarrassing (but actually really awesome) outfits from parties in college. Oh how I wish I could go back :)
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..Best Body Plan Workout Strength & Cardio CircuitMy Profile

17 what katie's baking December 13, 2011 at 6:26 pm

hahahah you crack me up!!!

18 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries December 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about your iPhone cover 😉
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Work Smarter, Not Harder: Grocery ShoppingMy Profile

19 Jenn @ Peas and Crayons December 13, 2011 at 7:07 pm

so stinkin cute!!!!!!!! I Have an ugly xmas sweater party to go to and I totally need to take a few tips from your outfits love! hehe thanks for the cah-razy awesome inspiration!!!! <3
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Adventures in PhotographyMy Profile

20 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness December 13, 2011 at 7:19 pm

You’re probably the only person I know who could pull off an outfit like that! Rock it!!!! You owned it!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Once upon a timeMy Profile

21 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts December 13, 2011 at 7:23 pm

haha I love this :)

I want to make those tacky tinsel twins outfits

22 nicole marie December 13, 2011 at 8:39 pm

your holiday fashion might definitely put marc jacobs out of business. seriously? you’re FABULOUS! x
nicole marie recently posted..a sweet family anniversaryMy Profile

23 Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner December 13, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I LOVE IT. You look so hot in your running sack outfit!!!!!!
Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..Rehoboth Beach Marathon Race Recap…AKA My First Boston Qualifier!!My Profile

24 alyssa December 13, 2011 at 9:10 pm

if i lived by you, i would have been the triplet! i love making a fool of myself!
alyssa recently posted..ttt: everything’s bigger (and better) in Texas.My Profile

25 Julia @ The Coffee Crazed Teacher December 13, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Completely loving this! I have no friends that would ever do something like that with me. So fun! Loving your outfits!
Julia @ The Coffee Crazed Teacher recently posted..Completely Blessed.My Profile

26 Mattie December 14, 2011 at 12:28 am

This is hilarious. I love dressing up and having fun with my friends like that. I can not believe you ran 10 miles in that custom. Didn’t your get annoyed wearing all that stuff?

27 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 14, 2011 at 3:00 am

I like your red lipstick! I’m not sure that I’d be able to pull it off.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Christmas Angels in IndianaMy Profile

28 Alexa @ SimpleEats December 14, 2011 at 3:30 am

You’re a tinsel-holic and I LOVE it. So much better than an ugly sweater!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Leftover RemixMy Profile

29 Emily December 14, 2011 at 6:03 am

OMG! Your tinsel outfit may be the cutest thing I have ever seen. And so creative!
I would much rather roll up to a Christmas party in that than some ugly sweater. :)
Emily recently posted..WIAW #10: Some Things Never Get OldMy Profile

30 Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 14, 2011 at 6:08 am

Haha I would be terrified of wearing red lipstick during a run! I know I’d smear it all over my face and who knows where. Your “dress” looks real! As in, it’s supposed to be bought that way.

31 Sierra December 14, 2011 at 2:06 pm

The tinsel suit is amazing. Did it shed? I am envisioning tinsel hair everywhere.

You are killing it with the fashion…
Sierra recently posted..Chocolate MacaroonsMy Profile

32 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie December 14, 2011 at 2:07 pm

LOVE the idea of the tinsel!! Your arms and bangs look amazing girl!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Alyssa vs. HobokenMy Profile

33 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 14, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Love love love the outfits. haha. It wouldn’t take much persuasion for me to play dress up with you.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..WIAW on TMy Profile

34 Kristen December 14, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I tried to wear red lipstick to my company Christmas party on Friday night and just couldn’t pull it off. I felt like a fool. You look adorable in it though…I just have to realize I’m not one of the select few that can pull it off!

35 Lucy @ Alaska Cruise Advisor December 15, 2011 at 6:45 am

Love the dress, but that Santa Claus is less than convincing. Give that guy a lump of coal this year.