Reduced Sugar Snickers Cookie Bars

December 5, 2011 · 42 comments

I almost feel like I’m cheating by participating in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap of 2012. We all know I’m not really a food blogger.

But, whaddya know, they took me.

So swap cookies, I shall.

Cookie bars, that is. And my Cookie Swap matches Emma, Julianna, and Bianca are going to benefit.

I’m a big fan of the plain chocolate chip cookie. I’d pass up a snickerdoodle, sugar cookie, or italian wedding cookie any day for a plain chocolate chip.

But then, if I could have it in bar form with extra stuff in it? Sign. Me. Up.

Add some Snickers? I’m done for.

Dear Cely, were you aware our two favorite candy bars had a baby? It’s unreal.

These babies were inspired by The Joy of Cooking Christmas Cookies‘ Candy Bar Bars.

I recommend getting your Snicker chopping out of the way first. Grab a good knife to get the job done quickly.

Click here to see larger version of instructions

Pin It

Your finished product will be an ooey, gooey, rich hunk’a chocolatey caramel cookie.

Which you should immediately (and by immediately, I mean after they’re cooled) dunk into almond milk to enjoy.

Just don’t forget to acknowledge to everyone in the house they are not to be disturbed until you say so.

Simple, yet effective.

Good luck refraining from face-planting into that. I know I wanted to.

1 nicole marie December 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm

i would never be accepted into this cookie swap club. but i shall, indeed, live vicariously through your honourable posts. 😉 x
nicole marie recently posted..beautiful message of the dayMy Profile

2 Kailey (SnackFace) December 5, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Holy sh!t. I need those right this second. And you probably already know this, as everything in our lives is eerily similar, but I, too, am all about the plain chocolate chip cookie. I will bypass every other dessert in favor of a homemade chocolate chip bundle of deliciousness.
Kailey (SnackFace) recently posted..A #Me WeekendMy Profile

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Those look incredible. You have some lucky swap partners!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Miscellaneous MondayMy Profile

4 lindsay December 5, 2011 at 4:42 pm

can you please send me some to New Zealand? I mean shipping is nothing, really! JK> i love this, good stuff woman!
lindsay recently posted..Breaking in the Kiwi KitchenMy Profile

5 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts December 5, 2011 at 4:42 pm

oh dear those look amazing.. Poo I wish I was participating in the cookie swap.. I haven’t heard of such a thing till now 🙁 sad
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Knitting with my twinMy Profile

6 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness December 5, 2011 at 5:01 pm

HOly mother effer. These look so good!!!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Mamma Chia WinnersMy Profile

7 kaitlin @4loveofcarrots December 5, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I want to face plant into those right now!!! I will be making these and I may single handedly eat half of them

8 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 5, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Ummmm can you send me some of those even if I’m not in the cookie swap? They sound incredible, and look even better (if that’s possible).
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted.."Muscle weighs more than fat"My Profile

9 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 5, 2011 at 6:10 pm

These look sooo good! Such a great idea.

10 Amber K December 5, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Snickers are awesome. Snicker cookie bars? This can only get better.
Amber K recently posted..Christmas Cheese : Can You Handle It?My Profile

11 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 5, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Oh gosh – those look like heaven!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Holiday Health PlanMy Profile

12 Hannah December 5, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I wish I would have seen this before I baked my best friends birthday cookies, he loves snickers…and peanut butter, haha. Guess I’ll just make these for part of his christmas gift!
Hannah recently posted..music for monday: a very she & him christmasMy Profile

13 julie December 5, 2011 at 7:49 pm

you can’t just post something like this tell everyone who you’re sending them to and not offer to send to everyone…
julie recently posted..crowd control chiliMy Profile

14 Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 5, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I want to face plant into that through the SCREEN! Holy cow!!!!! Have any leftovers to send me?? 😉
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Parties to PancakesMy Profile

15 Molly @ Hungry Hungry Runner December 5, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Any cookies that also contains a candy bar is awesome in my book. I need to try your “No Touchie” note trick next time I bake for a swap though because it seems like every time I do the boyfriend manages to eat a dozen all on his own…

16 Heather @ Run Eat Play December 5, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I’m participating in the cookie swap too and I felt the same way because I’m not really a food blogger either. But I love cookies! And yours look awesome
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Monday Mini GoalsMy Profile

17 Alexa @ Simple Eats December 5, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Gah these look awesome! Any cookie mixed with a candy bar and I’m putty in your hands.
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Christmas Cake BallsMy Profile

18 Emma December 6, 2011 at 12:13 am

Holy. mother. of cookies.

I am so lucky to be one of your swaparoo matches. I cannot wait to get these and devour them! You must have been reading my diary, because chocolate chip cookies are my all-time favorites, too!

19 Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner December 6, 2011 at 12:32 am

I want to eat those noooowww!!
Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..Grand Illumination Richmond VAMy Profile

20 Allison @ PickyEatingRD December 6, 2011 at 1:33 am

YUM! I am not participating in the cookie swap. I would feel bad for whoever got my most likely craptastic cookies. I can’t bake to save my lifeeeee.
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Circuit StyleMy Profile

21 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly December 6, 2011 at 1:37 am

Those look UUUHH–mazing!!!
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Warrior DashMy Profile

22 Julia @ The Coffee Crazed Teacher December 6, 2011 at 1:38 am

YUM! Cannot wait for this to be in my mouth (twss)
Julia @ The Coffee Crazed Teacher recently posted..Turkey and TilapiaMy Profile

23 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry December 6, 2011 at 2:24 am

Amazing amazing AMAZING!!! Chocolate chip cookies are my very fave! I love them more than anything in the whole world. I will definitely be making these.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..The FenceMy Profile

24 Hollie@lolzthatswim December 6, 2011 at 2:29 am

Oh mt god. Those look like da bomb. I would secretly buy the pull apart cookies and then bake them because god knows I can’t bake at all.
Hollie@lolzthatswim recently posted..Scheduled Like It’s My JobMy Profile

25 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie December 6, 2011 at 2:40 am

Alyssa…. you are now being hypnotized. Send these to Alyssa in NJ. Now, wake up and go!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Random Monday Thoughts.My Profile

26 Rach December 6, 2011 at 2:40 am

You are so cute! I just love your style of writing – I feel like we’re sitting in the same room having a conversation. 🙂 Anyway, these look delish, lady!
Rach recently posted..Princess Party!!My Profile

27 Julie December 6, 2011 at 3:40 am

Oh my gosh those look AMAZING! This Halloween I totally stole all the peanut butter snickers from my MIL’s candy bowl before the trick-or-treaters came. They are amazing. Add cookie and I’m done for, I think it might be dangerous (for my backside) if I make these!
Julie recently posted..yoga girlMy Profile

28 Katie December 6, 2011 at 4:00 am

I’ll give you my address and you can ship these to me immediately.

29 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 6, 2011 at 4:37 am

Haha I joined without really being a food blogger, but I wanted in on some cookies! I just hope the ones I sent out were edible…I’m not so much of a baker. woops.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..PTO is the Spice of LifeMy Profile

30 Lucy @ Alaska Cruise Advisor December 6, 2011 at 7:34 am

They look good but I always prefer to avoid splenda and just use less sugar – it’s got a nasty chem aftertaste and is probably worse for you than sugar unless you’re diabetic.

31 Coco December 6, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Wow.. Those look amazing!
Coco recently posted..Crack the whipMy Profile

32 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie December 6, 2011 at 11:39 pm

those look AMAZiNG!!!!

33 Ashleysh22 May 14, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Oohhhh my gosh those look amazing!
Ashleysh22 recently posted..Do You Dream of Food?My Profile