By reader request, I’m finally talking about my wardrobe. I’ve been asked where I snag the best deals, what pieces I love, and which stores I could live in for the rest of my life.
I’ve never considered myself an utter fashionista. Until recently, I was always too cheap to buy the clothes I really wanted. Fortunately for my closet and unfortunately for my bank account, I’ve gotten over that little issue. I don’t hesitate to drop some cash on something I’m really drooling over.
And don’t you judge me when almost every example picture of my wardrobe has alcohol in it. For some reason, I just seem to love whipping out my camera to capture those kinda moments.
For my wardrobe, I follow the “few simple staples” rule. I have one (ooorrr several) of the following to complete my more embellished pieces:
- leggings (Lululemon Wonder Unders; Forver 21)
- black jeggings (NY & Co)
- skinny jeans (Abercrombie)
- boot cut jeans (American Eagle, NY & Co., Abercrombie)
- flat brown boots (Colin Stuart via Victoria’s Secret; Bakers)
- blazer, 3/4 sleeve (Forever 21, a million years ago)
- blazer, long sleeve (Lulu*s)
- tanks and camis (American Eagle; various)
- belts, fat and skinny (various)
- one “keep on” silver ring (Bijuju ~5 years go)
A few “pop” items:
- sparkle tops (duh… I have no shame – Express)
And for the rest, I typically frequent:
- Express – If I could wear Express every day of my life, I’d be a happy girl.
- Lulu*s – I’m a sucker for an adorable dress. I get a ton of mine from here.
- Victoria’s Secret – hello, swimsuits!
- NY & Co.
- J. Crew
- Lululemon & Target – work out clothes
- The Limited – work clothes
I also never really carry a purse (I’m a disaster and overpack the thing). I carry the Coach wristlet with my keys attached. So easy!
At the moment…
I’m loving my:
- Express Zelda Jean Legging in Ruby Red and White
- Express Zelda Jean Legging in Royal Blue (what, I can’t have two colors? ;))
If anyone wants to send me anything from that last list, I’d be happy to make you my new best friend.
If you could only buy from one clothing shop for the rest of time, which store would you choose? And what are you coveting right now?