Five things for Friday:
1. I’m a terrible doggy mom blogger.
I forgot to mention a certain special day we had around here…
Can you believe this puppy is already one whole year old? She turned one last Saturday. And she had Frosty Paws, a few new toys, a big fat organic baked puppy treat (courtesy of the Jake’s Dog House on my way home from NJ), and lots of hugs and kisses.
She likes those.
One of these also made its way into my kitchen… (like the green walls in there? barf).
And let’s just say Chloe’s got something cute to wear for Christmas. 😉
2. The “10 Things 90s Kids Will Have To Explain To Their Children” List is genius. It made me laugh out loud.
My favorite: “2. At some point, we carried around little plastic eggs with tiny screens on them — in these screens lived our hearts, our pets, our raison d’etre, our very own Tamagotchi. We loved them, we listened to their tiny electronic screams of malnourishment, and we occasionally forgot to pick up their poop for long enough that they died a tortured, poop-filled death. They were perhaps our first foray into the life-consuming world of electronics and self-absorption, later to be fully manifested by Facebook.”
And the notes about Clarissa Explains It All and Lisa Frank.
Does everyone else automatically link this guitar strum to a specific 90’s show? Guilty.
3. It was really fun waltzing into the Verizon store on Wednesday (the day of my official upgrade) expecting to walk out with an iPhone 4s only to be told “Oh, they’re on backorder.”
You know, synonymous with, “You idiot.”
I’m not going to recreate the face I made when I found this out. I’m thinking it was something to the tune of the following:
Not over dramatic at all. Not obsessed with my new future phone at all.
4. I also not going to tell you I already bought three cases for said future iPhone. In my defense, it was cyber Monday, I got free shipping, I liked a specific two-pack, and one had glitter. Done. Sold.
5. I’m running the Sam Adams Surf n Santa 10 mile race tomorrow. Guess I shouldn’t have slept and ate my way through Thanksgiving. Whoops.
At least I’ll have some sweet costumes to show you afterwards. 😉 The winners get a trip for two to Boston to the Sam Adams Brewery, and Anastasia and I are in it to win it.