Christmas New and Old

December 28, 2011 · 33 comments

This Christmas was full of traditions old and new.

I hope you had as merry a holiday as I did. There were so many things to bring my Christmas cheer to a all-time high this year.

It wouldn’t be Christmas without any of that regular mess.

Especially the challenge that is taking the annual family Christmas picture.

How’s that for entertaining?

Although I thoroughly enjoyed each of these old traditions, my favorite was making a brand new tradition with my sister.

I told her how FitFluential we were being by lacing up our sneakers on Christmas Day. We took off shortly after I explained what the heck I was talking about.

Next year, we’re going for 6.5. Okay, Amy?

This was the farthest Amy has run since way before her surgery. Let’s talk about how big a rockstar she is.

By the way, don’t be fooled. I wasn’t a model eater over Christmas… I ran my leggies off so I could eat pie and cookies and feel a little less guilty about it (don’t worry, I tattled on myself to Jim).

Oh, and are you wondering why some of these pictures suddenly look exceptionally awesome?

Boop.

Hit me – in order for it to be Christmas, what are your non-negotiables?

Comments
  • chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I love how you’re honest about running more to eat more! Ha! You’re so funny.
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..a day of whole foodsMy Profile

• nicole marie December 28, 2011 at 6:39 pm

your dress and boots are fabulous! they are so much complimented by the cute poochie in your arms! and your sister is amazing. breast cancer is a huge thing in my family, so it renders my heart with absolute happiness to read another touching story of survival. yeah for dogs, sisters, and dresses! :) x
    nicole marie recently posted..gin and tearsMy Profile

• Claire @ Live and Love to Eat December 28, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Working out to eat more is always my motivation. Enjoy your new camera! :)
    Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Holiday Eats and TreatsMy Profile

• Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe December 28, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Is that a Victoria’s Secret sweaterdress?
    My non-negotiables in order for it to be Christmas… Watching A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve. Mimosas on Christmas morning. Hearing Domenic the Donkey at least 4 times between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, even if that means downloading it as a ringtone. Stockings come before opening presents. Period.
    Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Lame WIAW (aka I’m a terrible blogger)My Profile

• jamie @ getalivingsense December 28, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Love your family picture! So cute. Our xmas traditions include church on xmas eve, pillsbury cinnamon buns on xmas morning, and hiding the pickle! This year we added an xmas eve eve family pub crawl to the mix, and my sister and I did a run on Xmas eve as well! :)
    jamie @ getalivingsense recently posted..Puppy Play TimeMy Profile

• Dorsa @ Running Thoughts December 28, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I love your dress! Super cute :)

We must watch Home Alone, Love Actually and Family Stone.. every year :)

• She Rocks Fitness December 28, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Our family Christmas picture was quite entertaining as well! Try getting 2 golden retrievers to smile…impossible, but comical as well. Like you, I ran a awesome run before the holiday festivities began. Lots of red wine and an abundance of sweets were consumed and I LOVED It, although my belly…Oh well! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    She Rocks Fitness recently posted..WIAW + Burning It OffMy Profile

• Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 28, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I love how you are holding Chloe in the picture!! So hilarious/cute!
    Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Return of Egg n’ Jelly & Banana Granola CookiesMy Profile

• Nikki December 28, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Awesome camera. Enjoy! I recently got a D90 for my graduation with my Master’s Degree in August! It’s awesome!

• Erin Kidd December 28, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Gah, I’m so jealous of that camera! The pics look so good.
    Erin Kidd recently posted..Television Tuesdays: New Year’s EveMy Profile

• Lindsay @ Lindsay's List December 28, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I most CERTAINLY run more so I can eat more!!
    And ps. you look great in that cream dress!! sexy girl!
    Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..my eating disorder – todayMy Profile

• Michelle @ Blogitness December 28, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Your family picture is adorable!
    Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Antibiotics are Heaven Sent!My Profile

• julie December 28, 2011 at 7:35 pm

OBSESSED with your white/beige sweater dress. OBSSSEEEEEEESSED
    nonegotioables? spelling that incorrectly…
    rainbow cookies, turkey, FAMILY LOVE, being home, jingle jammies & hugs from grammy
    julie recently posted..just enough time!My Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

STILL waiting on your address for this LGF granola you won, lady!

• Kristen McGrath December 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Amy rocks!! So does the iPhone :-) sweet camera too! Xoxo

• Sylvia @ frolic through life December 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Looks like you had an awesome Christmas! I love you family photo – so cute! I’m totally jealous of your gift. It was on my list too, but I guess I wasn’t that nice this year. ;)
    Sylvia @ frolic through life recently posted..Birthday SeasonMy Profile

• Karla December 28, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Yay new camera!!! So exciting. Love the Christmas family pictures takes…always a challenge in my house to capture that moment too. I laced up Christmas Eve & Day! Definitely going to be a new tradition for me as well.
    Karla recently posted..Updates: Hip, Christmas, Marathon Training & a Road Trip!My Profile

• Kelsey December 28, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I LOVE THAT DRESS!! so pretty!!! my Christmas non-negotiable is listening to Christmas music and laying in front of the Christmas tree with my daddy. :) Daddy’s Little Girl always and forever!
    Kelsey recently posted..Rhythm SuperfoodsMy Profile

• Mom December 28, 2011 at 9:31 pm

You forgot to get a pic of the bayberry candle!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

shoot! next year.

• Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry December 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I already stalked all of your Christmas shenanigans on your FB, now that we are officially friends :) Beautiful pics! Your nieces are so cute.
    My Christmas non-negotiables are family, turkey, stockings and wine.
    Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Good ol’ Festive TimesMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

I love this.

• Heather @ Run Eat Play December 29, 2011 at 2:59 am

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Love the new camera!
    My non-negotiatables are Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas morning with my kids to see what Santa brought and a yummy Christmas breakfast!
    Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..It’s a Teriyaki Marinated Salmon DayMy Profile

• Becca December 29, 2011 at 3:50 am

your camera is AWESOME!!!! I couldn’t afford a Canon so I got a Nikon, but still…your pics are fab! Looks like a great Christmas!
    Becca recently posted..Christmas 2011My Profile

• Amber K December 29, 2011 at 8:06 am

My family is totally going to have to do a yearly picture. I never have many pictures after the holiday, and that is no fun! I have to have fun times on Christmas otherwise it doesn’t feel like a holiday.
    Amber K recently posted..Post Holiday DetoxMy Profile

• Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 29, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Yay for successful family pic! My non-negotiables are wine, messes, sweet treats, family bonding, and lots of pajama time.

I too got a camera for Christmas. We’ll have to trade tips n’ tricks. I haven’t had much time to fool around with mine yet, but I’m excited to play with it this weekend!
    Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Go Big or Go HomeMy Profile

• Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 29, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I’m glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Yay for the canon rebel. I got the same one!!!! Twinnnssss. I am already obsessed with it :D

• Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 29, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Yay I got that camera too!!! I LOVE it already :D. Your white sweater dress is so cute! My non-negotiable for Christmas is family time.
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Hiking is ChallengingMy Profile

• Baking Serendipity December 29, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I love this post! The photographs are awesome (good job, new camera!), especially the one from above, overlooking the Christmas mess :) Family pictures are a must in our house on Christmas too…and equally difficult to capture!
    Baking Serendipity recently posted..Red Wine Chocolate CakeMy Profile

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss Reply:

the best part? that overhead photo wasn’t even taken with the new camera! :)

• Danica @ GirlsThatRun December 29, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I got that camera too!!! Isn’t it the best? And I love your puppy. Seriously. Cutest thing ever.
    Danica @ GirlsThatRun recently posted..Christmas Catch-UpMy Profile

• Sami December 29, 2011 at 8:27 pm

SUCH a gorgeous family!! (;
    xo.
    Sami recently posted..In The Works…My Profile

• Lea December 29, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Chloe. In the family Christmas pictures. Ahahaha! Too funny how you’re holding her up in the air!!! I can’t believe you can still pick her up, if I remember correctly my lab weighed as much as my 9-year-old self when she was only a year old.
    Lea recently posted..The Terrible 22My Profile