Spotted

November 14, 2011 · 29 comments

My friends joke that my life is a little a la Gossip Girl. Therefore, you get a GG-style post today.

Spotted: Alyssa breaking it down on the dance floor and promptly called out by reader, Chrissy. At least she had nice things to say.

Was it so easy to spot me because I was doing Alyssa-like things in my natural habitat, Chrissy?

Or maybe she saw the Electronic Media Specialist/multitasker syncing blackberries at the back of the bar.

Don’t comment on the length of my talon fingers. I’ll kill you with them.

Spotted: Chelsey‘s pumpkin protein muffin in a non-vegan form in the LOB kitchen.

I’m not a snooty non-vegan. I just didn’t have any flax on hand, so subbed her flax egg for an egg white. Gotta use what I have on-hand. That’s what interests me in recipes – when I have it all on hand, I’m down to try it.

Chels is a genius, and you need to try this ASAP.

And if you’re a glutton like me, add some light maple syrup to it. It’s like a pumpkin pancake muffin. :-D

Spotted: Some real “neat” clothes by JLo at Kohls. I figured I’d take advantage of their pre-Thanksgiving sale yesterday, and I found some real …winners.

Dear J.Lo, why the bag shirt?

I wish I captured this with my arms outstretched. These are bell sleeves. It’s a great big bag with holes.

I did manage to snag a few items by LC Lauren Conrad.

That would be the Boyfriend Blazer. And apparently, I’m really feelin’ the lazy braid these days.

Spotted: Lowie Turkish Colourful Socks on my doorstep.

This British company makes the cutest winterwear (I’ve got my eye on the mohair lacy knee socks), and they sent me some cute, comfy, cozy (had to do it) socks just in time for the approaching chilly temperatures.

How pretty are all of these colors? The pink has some gold sparkle in it. Me likey.

I’m envisioning some nice Lowie sock snuggling in front of a fireplace. So… who has one they want to lend me to complete this scene since I’m not allowed to use mine?

One of my favorite parts of these babies? They’re nice and tight up top, so they don’t fall down my calves.

Check out Lowie’s website, Facebook, or Twitter for more information. I’m thinking these babies would make pretty cute unique Christmas gifts.

And, of course, to close my Gossip Girl post, I need to end with an…

xoxo, Alyssa

…Now somebody transplant me to the cast of GG and put me in all those clothes.

…Actually, no. Just give me Blake Lively’s life. I’ll just be her instead.

1 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe November 14, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Seriously, I’d take Blake Lively’s GG life! I’m on a pumpkin kick right now so I’m definitely gonna have to try that muffin (with maple syrup of course)! Thanks for the post!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..The Secret to Happiness…My Profile

2 katie November 14, 2011 at 5:33 pm

You are so damn cute!

How cool that reader spotted you!

Loving the socks! Super cute!

Happy Monday!
katie recently posted..What is it about { Monday }My Profile

3 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts November 14, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I like those socks too… I am trying to get back into knitting and crocheting (yes I am in fact an 80 year old grandmother..) so I was gonna try and make some socks this year… “try to” being the key word.

ill let you know how that goes…
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..So.Much.Football.My Profile

4 Amber K November 14, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I have that muffin on my must-make list. I’m going to just have to do it!
Amber K recently posted..%!&@#! Where’s My Cigarette?My Profile

5 Celia November 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Cute post! Love GG :) I’d take Blair’s life…haha
Celia recently posted..multiple marathons revisitedMy Profile

6 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy November 14, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I love the side braid. I think I wear it more days than I acutally wash my hair. (Shhh. I’m secretly a dirtball.)
And I’m not allowed to use my fireplace either! Well we can if we want, we own it but there’s some issue that our house could potentially catch on fire if we use more than one of those starter logs…so there’s that.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Having a BallMy Profile

7 Coco November 14, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Those are some serious socks dude.. I’m a fan :)
Coco recently posted..Yes.My Profile

8 Jenn @ Peas and Crayons November 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I don’t think a day goes by that P doesn’t say “SPOTTED!” in his best GG voice =) love it!

and your blazer is CAHHHUUUUUTE!!!!
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Blackmail is my FAVORITEMy Profile

9 Sami November 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm

omg. the lazy braid is my daily go-to. especially when i get home late from practice/class and don’t feel like re-washing my hair. love those socks! <3
Sami recently posted..The Price of VictoryMy Profile

10 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 14, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I want all of GG clothes and heck I’d love their lives too. I love those socks and blazer though, too cute!!

11 chrissy November 14, 2011 at 7:18 pm

And stalker of the year goes to…. ..me . I was dancing when I just so happened to see you! Felt like I was meeting a celeb. Just sayin

12 theAlmostRunner November 14, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Love the sockies. Don’t love the JLo. She’s weird.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..Sleep Equals HealingMy Profile

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 14, 2011 at 7:42 pm

i meeaaann THAT’S WHAT IM SAYIN’.

14 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I’m so glad one of my favorite sorority sisters channeled her inner creeper and came up to you! What a small world!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..I Think this Makes Me a “Runner”My Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 15, 2011 at 12:15 am

TOTALLY meant to give you credit on that one, too. if it werent for you, no creeping would have ensued and all would be lost.

16 Emily November 14, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Talon fingers > than sausage fingers. My fingers look like plump sausages connected to my palm. So weird.
Emily recently posted..Make This (for Me) MondayMy Profile

17 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 14, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Ouch, that shirt is terrible. What is JLo thinking?!
Love that blazer though. They make anyone look instantly professional!

Thanks for your comments on my blog, dawg. And by “last two posts” I hope you were including the rowboat because I really wanted you to read that :) Sometimes I picture your reaction…um, in a non creepy way. haha.

I LOVE HOLIDAY SOCKS.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..The Party and the RowboatMy Profile

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 15, 2011 at 12:15 am

hahaha. I love that. I really do. and yes, those were the last two posts I was talking about. and if by picturing my reactions you picture me staring at my computer screen with silly grins on my face, you hit the nail on the head.

19 kayleigh November 14, 2011 at 10:08 pm

THOSE SOCKS. dear lord i need those socks. the J Lo shirt, mehh.

20 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 14, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I’m with ya on J LO’s clothing line…I wasn’t impressed. I’m a fan of LC’s though!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..The ProposalMy Profile

21 julie November 15, 2011 at 1:15 am

j lo’s gotta do the baggy shirt thang because she’s jenny from the hood. aka bell air…
julie recently posted..five fabulous findsMy Profile

22 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 15, 2011 at 2:51 am

south jerz girl can’t pull it off.

23 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 15, 2011 at 1:38 am

I onced dated a guy who carried his beer cup around in his mouth like that – aaand I may or may not have knocked it out on purpose just for fun a few times. I’m mean.

Glad you liked the protein muffin! It’s my favorite thing ever at night!

Aaaand I love the Lauren Conrad line!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..let there be light!My Profile

24 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life November 15, 2011 at 2:03 am

Oh my gosh, those socks! I need a pair…or like, 7 pairs. One for every day of the week. They look incredibly warm and toasty :)

25 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com November 15, 2011 at 2:26 am

Love this post! The side braid is totally where it’s at. And I adore those socks. I need some to help me survive the cold Chicago winter…Or just look cute while slumming around the house. ;)

26 Erin Kidd November 15, 2011 at 2:55 am

I just started watching Gossip Girl from the beginning on netflix, love it :)

27 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) November 15, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I’ll be Blair!… then I’d dump the prince and get back with the Bass. Swoon.
…can I still swoon over GG’s bad boy even though I’m married with a kid?
(if the answer is no, keep it to yourself!) ;)
Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..What about Saturday?My Profile

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm

psh, you can do whatever you want. it’s Gossip Girl. I still just want Nate.

29 Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner November 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I want those socks! So Cute!
Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner recently posted..Life DecisionsMy Profile