Real Quick

November 22, 2011 · 24 comments

Last night, Jamie and I ran on the boardwalk and looked at the Christmas light show in the sand.

Until we got kicked off by the police and had to run on the strip instead. So we took running holiday card pictures.

always having to one-up me, huh?

And NOW, as you’re reading this, I’m en route to my old home.

(source)

Good ol’ Jers.

…to spend Thanksgiving with my “other family,” to see my old high school friends I haven’t seen in ages, to run a Turkey Trot 5k, and to hug a Pine tree.

little high school babies

I did grow up in the Pine Barrens, after all.

If you need something more substantial to read, check out yesterday’s one year blog anniversary post.

HAPPY (almost) THANKSGIVING!

1 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness November 22, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Have a safe trip home! Happy Thanksgiving :)
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..SweatMy Profile

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Safe travels – enjoy your time at home!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Holiday Shopping Tips and Creamy Pasta SauceMy Profile

3 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe November 22, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Have a safe trip! and Happy Thanksgiving to you too! See you on the flipside!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..FitFluential?My Profile

4 Jenn's Adventures November 22, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Sounds like it’ll be a phenomenal holiday break for you! Enjoy every minute, and safe travels:) HAPPY (early) THANKSGIVING!!

5 Amber K November 22, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving :)
Amber K recently posted..Not Worth Your TimeMy Profile

6 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 22, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I’m visiting high school friends this weekend too. Have a wonderful time and safe travels! :D

7 Beth November 22, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I can’t wait to go running and see all the Christmas lights! Safe travels.
Beth recently posted..Ironman Wish List – part twoMy Profile

8 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts November 22, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Happy trails :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Patti and Ramsey’s WeddingMy Profile

9 Melissa November 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Umm, how did I not know you were a fellow Jersey girl?! Have a safe trip and enjoy your holiday up there :)
Melissa recently posted..Everyday I’m Schwagglin’My Profile

10 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 22, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Have a great trip you cheeky little turkey!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Office Inside Jokes (which hopefully you will also find funny)My Profile

11 Erika - The Teenage Taste November 23, 2011 at 12:00 am

Ooooh, another Jersey girl! Have a great holiday!
Erika – The Teenage Taste recently posted..Cake Batter BlondiesMy Profile

12 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy November 23, 2011 at 1:06 am

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Memories LiveOnMy Profile

13 Ila November 23, 2011 at 5:51 am

Hi there! I know this is kind of off-topic but I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established blog such as yours require a massive amount work? I am completely new to running a blog however I do write in my diary everyday. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!
Ila recently posted..Deck Cleaning Before and AfterMy Profile

14 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 23, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Have fun with Maggie!! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..A Deck of CardsMy Profile

15 Shannon November 23, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Have a great trip!
Shannon recently posted..I’ve Been Keeping this Secret for MONTHSMy Profile

16 julie November 23, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I’ll be expecting a christmas card this year.
i didn’t know you were from DIRTY JERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ i went to college at the good old roooootgers. old stomping grounds of newark.
julie recently posted..many thanksMy Profile

17 She Rocks Fitness November 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm

High-Fives from one Jersey girl to another! Just stumbled along your blog and you are too funny! What part of Jersey are you from? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

18 Rach November 24, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Aww happy Thanksgiving, pretty lady!
Rach recently posted..Catch up time!My Profile

19 Jane November 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Hey Alyssa,
Happy Thanksgiving!
I love your blog and I’ve been a reader for a while– I just started a new blog for girls in their twenties that’s some fitness, some travel, some random funny stuff on the internet, some shopping, generally whatever I’m finding fun.
Stop by and if you like it, I’d love a shout out, since I’m new and trying to spread the world.
<3 Jane
Jane recently posted..In Honor of Black FridayMy Profile

20 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com November 27, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I hope you have a great time with your fam! :)