If You’re Feelin’ Really Gutsy

November 7, 2011 · 69 comments

…go to a bar in your Halloween Part II costume when it’s not Halloween.

…especially if that costume is everyone’s favorite bathing utensil (only one person guessed correctly on Friday).

But only do it if you’ve got the support of your good friend, the bubble bath.

You may make a fabulous new gay best friend.

And you might become buddies with the live 80’s band, The Deloreans.

Two different people may come ask you if you’re about to get married the next day. Apparently, a purple loofah girl and white balloon-clad lady in a bar together on a Friday night screams “soon-to-be-wed-lesbian-couple.”

Lesson learned: Going to a bar in costume is way more interesting when you’re the only one dressed up. As a loofah and a bubble bath.

I highly recommend making your friend dress as the bubble bath so you can throw her in your trunk and make her squat in the penalty box for a 20 minute drive.

…But then, you’ll have to serve as drink assistance all night.

And you’ll need to pop her balloons when she gets cranky about not being able to move, walk through narrow hallways, or put her arms down.

It’ll totally be worth it for the resulting pictures.

1 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe November 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm

This is fantastic! I tried to organize a non-holiday costume party/pub crawl once, and apparently everyone else was lame, because I was the only one willing to dress up on an “off night” haha! Love your guts girl!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..BRRRRRR! First COLD run of the season!My Profile

2 Gabby Bladdick November 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm

What a wonderful costume idea! May have to keep that in mind for next year. :)

3 Gabby Bladdick November 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm

What a wonderful costume idea! May have to keep that in mind for next year.

4 Alaina Johnson November 7, 2011 at 4:44 pm

there is a strong chance I might be a loofah next year :) sorry for stealing the idea but you just make the loofah look too good!
Alaina Johnson recently posted..EightMy Profile

5 Emily November 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Best costume ever! :)

6 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I love that idea! Adorable!!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Granny Smith and Gorgonzola PizzaMy Profile

7 Kat @ Balance & Spice November 7, 2011 at 5:02 pm

That was hilarious. A loofah!? How creative are you!! For Halloween, I went as a lazy-ass personal trainer/yoga teacher (aka, stayed in my pajamas.) I think you were creative enough for the both of us. On an off topic, how do you write in your photos that way? May I ask what program it is?
Kat @ Balance & Spice recently posted..Two Parties, Two WorkoutsMy Profile

8 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts November 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm

haha that is the BEST costume I have ever seen. hands down!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Weekend RoundupMy Profile

9 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Bahhh, that is the best costume ever. I am not surprised AT ALL that it brought you so many bar adventures. I am loving your new GBF. It is seriously my life dream to have an awesome gay bff a la Will & Grace (this has actually gotten me into trouble because I exchanged numbers and info with a guy I met who I was POSITIVE was gay, but then it turned out he was straight and a creepy stalker). Anyway, that guy looks like perfect GBF material. I would be all over that.
You are quite the costume inspirer. I think I already know what I am going to be next year ;) just kiddin’. Seriously awesome costume though, I am impressed.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Date and Plate-Filled WeekendMy Profile

10 Brittany *Sparkles* November 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Hahaha love the loofah idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brittany *Sparkles* recently posted..Recap – When Life Gives you 5lbs of Lemons…My Profile

11 Coco November 7, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Hahah!! You all look great! I love it :)

12 Brynne November 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I saw the loofah costume on Pinterest and died laughing – I haveeee to do that next year!

PS – NYC 2012?
Brynne recently posted..Sick DayMy Profile

13 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Is it weird that I was excitedly waiting for this post because I had already see the pictures on your Facebook? :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..A Little OverboardMy Profile

14 Amber K November 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I’m so confused, how can people not guess that you’re a loofah? What in the heck else would it be? LOL
Amber K recently posted..Emotional EatingMy Profile

15 Lauren November 7, 2011 at 6:06 pm

How did I not guess your costume?! My bestie was a loofah last year and I thought it was the best costume ever.
Lauren recently posted..Meal Plan MondayMy Profile

16 Nicole @ Haute Running Mama November 7, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Freaking hilarious. Love it! You guys are too cute!
Nicole @ Haute Running Mama recently posted..Iron Girl 10K RecapMy Profile

17 Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn November 7, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Award for best costume this Halloween definitely has to go to you!!
You look amazing (you both do actually!) :-)
I love that you went in your costume when it wasn’t Halloween, you have guts!
This post really brightened up my afternoon :-)
Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn recently posted..A Very Tasty SundayMy Profile

18 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 7, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I want to be your best friend.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..stretching for runnersMy Profile

19 Beth November 7, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Oh my god, that is the funniest costume ever! I love when people don’t just buy one off the rack.

20 Rach November 7, 2011 at 6:40 pm

LOVE the costumes!! Looks like you guys had a great time :)
Rach recently posted..Pumpkin Scones with Spiced GlazeMy Profile

21 julie November 7, 2011 at 6:50 pm

you could go to a bar of soap…get it? hahaha baaaaaaaaaaad joke!!!!!!!!!!!!
julie recently posted..update you, update me!My Profile

22 Cely @ Running off the Reese's November 7, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Ahahahah that is amazing. Amazing.

23 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries November 7, 2011 at 6:57 pm

AHHH what an awesome halloween costume! I love looking at creative ideas that haven’t been overdone 9320485436790 times. My two roommates and I were going to be rock paper and scissors but didn’t have the time to make the DIY costume. Maybe next year :) Instead I was a snowflake and ironically, it snowed that night hahaha
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Ready or Not, Here I Come!My Profile

24 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 7, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Haha seriously that is the best costume idea I’ve ever heard of!!!

25 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 7, 2011 at 7:06 pm

You’re the hottest loofah I’ve ever seen! haha Love the costume. :) I’ll take any reason to dress up – even if it’s a bit belated.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Cheese, Wine, Chocolate, and… Football???My Profile

26 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement November 7, 2011 at 7:12 pm

One time I was corn on the cob for Halloween and I looked so much like the bubble bath.

Loofah is rocking. I love the costume. Please tell me you have yellow rain boots on with it.
Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..Bite Into MaineMy Profile

27 Sarah OUaL November 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm

You are hands down the prettiest loofah I’ve ever laid eyes on.
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Iron Girl/Athleta Del Mar 10KMy Profile

28 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life November 7, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Holy Moley! I envy your confidence. Looks like the loofah and bubbles turned out to be a perfect idea!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Weekend and The HelpMy Profile

29 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness November 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Best costume ever!!!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Mamavation MondayMy Profile

30 Danielle November 7, 2011 at 8:29 pm

omg those costumes f*cking rock! love it!
Danielle recently posted..Monday Motivation – Vacation StyleMy Profile

31 heather November 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Great blog! I found you through PB fingers. You crack me up!

32 Emily November 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm

OMG. What a great idea. I might just have to convince my friends (shouldn’t be too difficult) that this is what we should be doing on Saturday night!
Emily recently posted..If I Were A Boy…My Profile

33 Hollie@lolzthatswim November 7, 2011 at 11:01 pm

That is the greatest halloween costume I have ever seen. That is all.
Hollie@lolzthatswim recently posted..Oatmeal PancakesMy Profile

34 Jaymee November 7, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Omaagoshhhh. This is brilliant! You are adorable.
Jaymee recently posted..birthday beach bbq.My Profile

35 Jenn @ Peas and Crayons November 8, 2011 at 12:05 am

BEST COSTUME EVAHHHH!!!!!!
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Pretty Meets Functional: Vase Turned Utensil HolderMy Profile

36 Pamela November 8, 2011 at 12:32 am

That is such a great costume idea!!

37 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie November 8, 2011 at 1:07 am

LOVE it. I saw someone out as a loofah too and was thinking how creative it was…only you alyssa….only you!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Weekend Re-CapMy Profile

38 Alexa @ SimpleEats November 8, 2011 at 3:27 am

Would it be cool if I copied your costume next year? K? K. No but really, that costume is awesome. Love it!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Game ChangerMy Profile

39 Alison November 8, 2011 at 4:02 am

Love love love your costume. Amazing.
Alison recently posted..Weekend & DIYMy Profile

40 Lyndsay @ Thinspiration November 8, 2011 at 4:08 am

OH MY GOD!! WHAT A CUTE COSTUME!! So creative!
Lyndsay @ Thinspiration recently posted..First WorkoutMy Profile

41 what katie's baking November 8, 2011 at 5:05 am

hahahhaah so awesome!!

42 Julie November 8, 2011 at 5:23 am

HAHA, your costumes are ridiculous…I love it!

43 Dad November 8, 2011 at 12:33 pm

No one comments on the rubber duckie? Awesome ideas.

44 Mom November 8, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Shoving your friend in the backseat (Bubbles Bethany) must run in the genes. It reminded me of when I had to shove 7 month along, pregnant Cindy (pregnant with her 4th baby) into the backseat of my car to drive you to the hospital when your finger was smashed in the sliding glass door.

45 Crystal Coppel November 8, 2011 at 3:54 pm

OMG! How did you and bubble bath girl come up with those costumes?? If I saw you in a bar dressed like that I totally would have come up and made friends with you guys. Obvs you two are fun people! :)

46 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm

this post is amazing!! i have the most fabulous GBF. you can always count on a party when he’s around!

47 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie November 8, 2011 at 7:33 pm

love those costumes!

48 Tiffany @ texan on the run November 9, 2011 at 1:19 am

what a cute and creative costume! how cute are you?!?!?!
Tiffany @ texan on the run recently posted..i chopped off a pee-pee todayMy Profile

49 Emily November 9, 2011 at 5:57 am

Oh. my. word. Your costume is fabulous! So fun and creative. It looks like you had an amazing night!
Emily recently posted..WIAW #6: Busy-Girl EditionMy Profile

50 Stacy November 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Holy Crap! Hilarious! Especially the part about making your friend squat in the penalty box for the 20 minute ride! My Mom dressed me as a jelly bean jar one year (big plastic bag that comforters come in filled with balloons). I had the same situation in the car but she had me squat in the FRONT SEAT! WTH?

51 Kari October 22, 2012 at 8:48 pm

HOW did you make this costume??