I Forgot Some Stuff

November 3, 2011 · 45 comments

Oops.

I ate the best burger in D.C. after the marathon, and I thought you should know about it. I’m sorry if you’re tired of marathon talk, but I’m not done yet.

*Sidenote: it depresses me that the phrase, “sorry I’m not sorry” has become so overused. When a term becomes abused with overuse, I refuse to pick it up and batter and bruise it some more. So, R.I.P. “sorry I’m not sorry.” You lived a good life.

After my post-marathon tummy went away, I wanted fries.

Enter, DC chain burger joint, Ray’s Hell Burger.

I’ve also had a glass of wine every night after the marathon. Colleen left half a bottle of pinot in my fridge and it’s still good.

That, or my taste buds are too cheap to know the difference.

And, I realized last night that marathonfoto.com are a bunch of sneaky guys. They added even more race photos. And I’m not even dropping shoulders and throwing bows in these.

Check out at that grin. Clearly, this was immediately after a marine medaled me (twss) and told me how awesome I was.

And just an observation for those people at marathonfoto. com. For the Kenyans, you guys should probably add Swahili or Kiswahili to your language offerings at the bottom of the page.

Or maybe you didn’t bother because those guys are too badass to want any pictures of themselves running.

And if you’re wondering how I knew what language Kenyans speak……… I Googled.

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 3, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I love all your race pics and the captions you put with them. Too hilarious!

And think 13.1 qualifies for a burger, fries, beer, AND chocolate milkshake too? 😉
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stuffed With Emptiness: Escape With Alcohol…Or Escape Life AltogetherMy Profile

2 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries November 3, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I LOVE RAYS HELL BURGER!!!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..My Princess BoyMy Profile

3 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts November 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I have always wanted to try Ray’s Hell burger.. Ya I live up here and haven’t tried it.. shame on me…

Good stuff eatery in Eastern market has THE best burgers… hands down.. but I will reevaluate after I try Ray’s.
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Are we getting lazier?!My Profile

4 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 3, 2011 at 2:25 pm

You should be so proud of yourself, and deserve to talk about it as long as you want, missy. I know I would if I ran a marathon!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Dueling GymnasiumsMy Profile

5 Kailey (SnackFace) November 3, 2011 at 2:26 pm

You are the happiest marathoner I’ve EVER SEEN!!!

I am so with you on the overused phrases and words. If “epic” went away forever, I’d be fine with that. We’ve even had this discussion around the office! And I always had an issue with “sorry I’m not sorry,” because in a way, you’re still apologizing? For not being sorry?
Kailey (SnackFace) recently posted..About Face and Skin: The Video!My Profile

6 Jillian D. November 3, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Thanks for the tips yesterday about what to wear. I bought some Target knee socks yesterday to wear for my marathon this Saturday – I think they’re going to be the perfect thing to start the run in. And of course – always wear my wunder unders.

PS I may copy you on the “I don’t chase boys” headband if I find it at my expo. I’ve fallen in love with it. Hope you don’t mind 🙂

7 kimert November 3, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Love all your pics!!
kimert recently posted..TTTMy Profile

8 Jenn @ Peas and Crayons November 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm

you’re a racing rockstar girly! and totally earned the best burger/beer/milkshake combo of life. and your weight in fries too. duh =)

just wanted to let you know there will be some major stalkage of your blog today so I can play catchup on the last few posts I missed!

Thanks in advance for the giggles that almost always ensure <3 Now come visit. I'll cook for you =)
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #41 [USMC Ball edition!]My Profile

9 Celia November 3, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Are you part finnish? I am! Just wondering because wasn’t sure anyone else would know what suomi means! lol
Celia recently posted..nycm prep: name on singletMy Profile

10 Nikki November 3, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Haha… kenyan. On a sort of related note – ever look at all the languages you can change google too? Check that out if you haven’t. You can pirate speak everything.

So, I have my first half marathons to train for and since you’re just so darn good at all that, any tips? How did you come up with your training plan you showed a few posts ago?

11 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy November 3, 2011 at 3:15 pm

You should splurge and treat yourself to a new bottle of wine 😉
You earned it.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..All ApologiesMy Profile

12 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 3, 2011 at 3:21 pm

You look way too pretty in those photos. I am red faced and disgusting in my 5k pictures. So sad.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up – Mexican FeastMy Profile

13 Lauren November 3, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Umm, I don’t mind hearing more about your marathon! Sounds like the best post-race meal ever. If only I looked half as good as you when I run 3 miles…
Lauren recently posted..WIA(While it Snowed)WMy Profile

14 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 3, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Ahahahahahha WHAT ABOUT THE KENYANS

15 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 3, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Totally agree on sorry I’m not sorry. Way too overused! I’m pretty sure that is awesome post-race fuel 😀

16 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 3, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I still love hearing about your race! Definitely not sick of it at all, and your pics make me a happy pappy. You are such a happy finisher.
Agree about sorry I’m not sorry, and any other phrase that gets overused. I don’t like to continue to say something once everyone else is, so I like to make up my own sayings 🙂
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Slow Death by TreadmillMy Profile

17 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness November 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm

You can talk about the marathon for days, weeks and months, I love reading about it all!!! UGH…the sorry i’m not sorry phrase is way too overused.
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Blogger {Virtual} 5KMy Profile

18 Liz @ Southern Charm November 3, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Yea, that chocolate shake looks perfect!
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Why Hello There, NovemberMy Profile

19 Jamie @ getalivingsense November 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm

CONGRATS on the marathon!!1 such an awesomeee accomplishment! 😀 also cracks me up that you pointed out that they have Finnish… which is extremely random, but I’m IN finland right now so I hear it all the time. Don’t see many runners here though, marathon or otherwise! 😛

20 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite November 3, 2011 at 8:15 pm

nothing better than fries and a shake …and a glass of wine or beer 🙂 i love your race pics and recaps! so fun!
Rachel @ The Avid Appetite recently posted..Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Tomato RelishMy Profile

21 Paige @ Running Around Normal November 3, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Hi Alyssa! Just found your blog…love your sense of humor:)
And I think a beer and a milkshake is a fabulous combination 😉

22 Hollie@lolzthatswim November 3, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Um you take the most fabulous post race photos ever. I’m jealous. ahaha.
Hollie@lolzthatswim recently posted..Random Exercise MusingsMy Profile

23 Rach November 4, 2011 at 12:26 am

Oh wow, you even look good when you run! Girl, I’m amazed by you, haha! Totally love your pics!
Rach recently posted..HomecomingMy Profile

24 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie November 4, 2011 at 1:46 am

love your race pictures – the photographer got some great color in these photos!!

ps. 13.1 miles = any.thing.you.want.
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Since I’ve been gone…My Profile

25 Katy @ Fit In Heels November 4, 2011 at 2:43 am

This was the best thing I have ever read. You are so smart- Kenyan language! What the hell! I died laughing reading about the Pinot in your fridge. I’m salivating for Friday night Happy Hour already, and it’s Thursday. Night.
p.s. you are GORGE.
Katy @ Fit In Heels recently posted..Crazy Rumors All-Natural Vegan Lip Balm Giveaway!My Profile

26 Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife November 4, 2011 at 5:19 am

love you! any exercise is deserving of meat and beer 🙂
Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife recently posted..Film + Food + Focused on GoodMy Profile

27 Christina@WhoWearsShortShorts November 4, 2011 at 5:43 am

yours are some of the happiest post-race pics EVER! i love seeing happy runners – it encourages me to keep going 🙂

28 Kristin @ STUFT Mama November 4, 2011 at 6:56 am

Just found your blog. Congrats on your marathon. Love that you’re double fisting a beer and chocolate milkshake- that’s my kind of celebrating! 🙂
Kristin @ STUFT Mama recently posted..Catching Up With Some FriendsMy Profile

29 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 4, 2011 at 2:12 pm

If I were to ever run a marathon, I would totally cap it off with a beer and milkshake. 🙂 And thanks for the TWSS. I’m happy to see that hasn’t been laid to rest yet.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..How to Cook Spaghetti SquashMy Profile

30 lindsay November 5, 2011 at 2:18 am

ahh burger bliss, totally worth the 26.3…yes .3 miles! That .1 mile was to the massage table, right?
lindsay recently posted..Thirty minute Thursday er….Fitness Friday?My Profile