Eleven

November 11, 2011 · 27 comments

Appropriate for the date, right? 11/11/11. Everyone’s going nuts over it, so I will too.

1. My dog punishes me when I have a social life.

I went out last night. Fast forward to two hours before I need to wake up for work. There’s barking. And barking and barking and barking. When I finally let her out, she tore through the backyard, ripped up the remaining grass seed, and splashed around in a mud puddle the size of my foot.

I was psyched.

2. In regards to my Thursday night activities: I would give you visuals, but I just dropped my memory card and spent 7 minutes on the floor looking for it. It’s nowhere to be found. This is the kind of morning I’m having.

3. Nothin’ like a nice tweet from ex-Bachelor Dr. Andy Baldwin to diminish my life significance.

What am I doing? Oh yeah, that’s right.

4. I found my memory card! This day is already getting better.

So there’s a picture of us last night at Taphouse Brewery. I had pumpkin beer and lobster dip and my life was complete.

5. We made some really cool sober friends. VA Beach truly has the best people ….ever………………………..

I had to take a screen grab to show you how smart my computer is. How appropriate.

6. It was the perfect opportunity for me to use “The Face.

Another lesson of JennaMarbles I need to pass on to my fellow girlfriends: if the face doesn’t work, it’s because you’re not committing.*

There. Now, thanks to Jenna, I bet it works.

*[Dear Mom, Dad, and other family members/people who are easily offended or don’t enjoy profanity – you won’t like this. Don’t click play.]

7. Ever had one of those days when you keep getting the hiccups? I probably had them 6 times yesterday. I did some experimenting for you all, and the best method is most certainly the whole suck-water-through-the-paper-towel-over-a-glass trick.

8. Yesterday marked my final day as “Coach.” Field hockey season flew by, and I’m pretty sure I might miss most of my little peanuts.

9. Happy Veteran’s Day to all. I sincerely thank everyone who has served/is serving to ensure our safety and freedom. A special thanks to two of my favorite veterans:

I would insert a joke about fighting for private schools to also have off work today here, but I decided it’d be in poor taste.

10. In the spirit of Movember and the personal ties I have to Prostate Cancer, I’m going to hop on Clare‘s Mo-Sista train (her daddy is also a prostate cancer survivor), and encourage you all to donate to her personal Movember page to benefit men’s health.

For the sake of encouragement, I leave you with Rob’s Halloween Part II ‘stache.

1 Lori November 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Pumpkin beer and lobster dip? HEAVEN.
Lori recently posted..All Gave Some, Some Gave AllMy Profile

2 Theresa November 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Agreed, pumpkin beer and lobster dip sounds like the best night EVER in my opinion 🙂
Theresa recently posted..Took a sick day!My Profile

3 Emily November 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm

My dog punishes me whenever I go out too! She’s an angel every night I’m able to be home and play with her. If I’m out and the bout, the next day I’m sure to get a pup wake up call entirely too early and something destroyed in my house. Jealous pups!
Emily recently posted..“Gratitude is the Best Attitude”My Profile

4 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 11, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Yeah, I third that. I pretty much die for lobster dip, and I have never tried pumpkin beer but it sounds like heaven.
Poppop the champ is awesome.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Dimitri the Stud (+ GIVEAWAY WINNER!)My Profile

5 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 11, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Never heard of the hiccup trick. I usually just “scare myself” by taking in a really deep, quick gasp of air. Like you’ve been scared. It always works for me, and I don’t pee my pants like when my husband scares me. Win/win!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Chips for Dinner?My Profile

6 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy November 11, 2011 at 5:00 pm

My puppy has been making me late for work every day this week. Or maybe I should just get up earlier… whatever. I’m riding this puppy excuse as long as i can.
And the tool size photo made me spit out a little coffee. Well played, friend.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Funny ThingMy Profile

7 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 11, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I used to be fun and go out on Thursdays. Now I go to the gym, and that’s my big adventure. 😉
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Big Lots and Big WinsMy Profile

8 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe November 11, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Yep, Lobster Dip & beer sure sounds like a fabulous meal to me! Annnnd now I want to go out for lunch. We stayed in last night watching the Bruins game, and I made some Hungry Girl No-Nonsense-Nog to quell my egg nog craving. It didn’t work. I still want egg nog. As for Veterans Day – thank your fam for their service! Gotta go thank my bros and dad too… have a great day!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..I love a great deal! (aka 11-11-11)My Profile

9 Mom November 11, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Next time put the “don’t click” message before the click and not after!

10 Amber K November 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I just discovered Jenna Marbles yesterday! Oh my gosh, she cracks me up. Glad you found your memory card!
Amber K recently posted..Facts FridayMy Profile

11 Sarah November 12, 2011 at 12:30 am

I thought I was the only one who drank through a paper towel to cure hiccups!
Sarah recently posted..Kickin’ Butt Super Hero Style!My Profile

12 Emily November 12, 2011 at 12:57 am

Jenna Marble’s videos crack. me. up. I can’t get enough!
And I’ve never heard of such a method for curing hiccups. But hey, whatever works! I usually just drink water upside-down and that seems to do the trick!
Emily recently posted..Because Happiness Lies in SimplicityMy Profile

13 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 12, 2011 at 2:21 am

Okay I love that video.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts fridayMy Profile

14 julie November 12, 2011 at 6:27 pm

i see they didn’t rim your pumpkin beer with cinnamon and sugar. welp that’s what you get for not sippping it with me!

15 Sarah OUaL November 13, 2011 at 7:08 am

Bri’s dad is a prostate survivor too!!!! See. Totally meant to be. We’re on the movember train – 3 years runnin.

Come to SoCal for the Mo Gala. Doooo it.
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Secret’s Out.My Profile

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated November 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I love this entire post, but I think my favorite part is when you said you’d probably miss “most” of your little peanuts haha … not “all” of them, huh? 😉 I’m sure there’s one or two that you’re probably glad to say good-bye to! 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The day before the big day.My Profile

17 Jenn @ peas andcrayons November 13, 2011 at 4:29 pm

commenting from my phone fail. It ate my comment! Im giving my droid the face. Hard

18 Allison @ Happy Tales November 14, 2011 at 12:50 am

I LOVE JENNAMARBLES!!!!!!!!!!!! omg. seriously. i’ve nearly peed my pants before from watchin’ her.

so.flippin.hilarious!
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Ready to RUN!My Profile

19 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 14, 2011 at 3:55 am

I need lobster dip asap… So glad you found your memory card, I lose mine all the time.

Pretty sure I laughed after every line of this post. Thank you.
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Goals list from when I was 16 years old.My Profile

20 nicole marie November 14, 2011 at 4:46 pm

bahahaha!
my dog gwendolyn also punishes me when i have a social life (which is very seldom!).
x
nicole marie recently posted..a sunday love affair with natureMy Profile