You know how once the heat gets turned on in the fall, your hair and skin are suddenly obnoxiously dry?
When I went to get my bangs trimmed by my awesome hairdresser, she told me my hair was supa dry. It must have been all that loofah action.
After giving her dirty looks and telling her her hair didn’t look so hot either (not really), I decided to do something about it.
Enter.. the easy peasy DIY hydrating hair mask!
And I even made it so you guys can “pin” it for Pinterest. Click that little button below the graphic.
It really is easy peasy. All you need is honey, olive oil (I used EVOO), and a microwave.
1. Pour olive oil into a small microwave-safe bowl 2. Warm olive oil for ~20 seconds in the microwave
3. Add your honey (tip: use the same measuring spoon: the oil makes the honey slide out of the spoon easily) and mix, mix, mix until it’s all even.
4. Coat your wet hair from root to tip. You’ll be a great big greaseball, so I recommend throwing a towel around your shoulders to keep the oil off your clothes.
5. If you have no shower cap like me, grab a handy dandy plastic shopping bag, and without suffocating yourself, tie it around your head to keep all the warmth from the oil in. Sit like this for 15 minutes and avoid all human contact.
6. Once your 15 minutes is up, rinse 2 or 3 times (I hit a 3-spot), condition as regularly, and blow-dry/style as normal.
Your luscious locks will thank you. Take that, dry heat.
Any easy peasy hair secrets you guys can throw my way?