Betcha Can’t Guess

November 4, 2011 · 53 comments

1. Guess how much self control I can display? I bought baby Clif bars with the intention of portion control.

Then I ate three.

2. Guess who’s a dirty rotten liar? There is no way some of these screen shots on damnyouautocorrect.com are legit. It’s just not real life for parents to be using this language. I’m outing all you sneaky teenagers who change their friends names to “mom” in their phone and have them text inappropriate things. Sneaky is what you are.

However, this one is probably for real, and it made the immature 14 year old boy in me giggle.

3. Guess what I didn’t know? Google has a blog search. I wasn’t aware.

4. Guess where I’ll be for Turkey Day? I’m going back to my hometown in New Jersey for Thanksgiving and staying with Maggie‘s family. I couldn’t be more psyched to see all my high school friends again

5. Guess why I’m nuts? I just registered a 5k on Thanksgiving Day. Normal since I’m still sore from Sunday’s marathon. Mag and I agreed we will most likely run it hungover. We also agreed neither of us has a problem with that.

6. Guess what I found?WTF is this? And why does it exist?

7. Speaks for itself.

8. Guess where you can find me this evening?

Juuust chillin’ over with Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers. Look for a guest post from me this evening as J preps to dominate the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Half.

(Guess who is probably disturbed I put my face on her body? Julie’s sister. Whooopsiedaises.)

9. Guess what we’re going to be tonight? Since we ran the Marine Corps Marathon last Sunday and had to be sleeping runners for Halloween, I’m attending a “Halloween Part II” party tonight. Free hugs to whomever guesses what Bethany and I are dressing as tonight.

Hint: They’re coordinating, but not matching.

Good luck guessing. I’ll be back with lots of pictures.

1 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie November 4, 2011 at 1:57 pm

cant wait to see your costume!! and of course read your guest post – you are seriously hilarious. love the pic of “you” and julie. I didnt know about the blog search either.
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Be thankfulMy Profile

2 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life November 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I always think those Damn you Autocorrects are fake. I get typos on my phone, but nothing like those.
For Halloween you’re being pregnant ballerinas in a rain storm? I don’t know how else to tie those things together.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Back to Bed I Go.My Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 4, 2011 at 2:48 pm

HAHA. it would be awesome if we were going to be pregnant ballerinas in a rain storm…. but nope. ;) I’ve pictured materials for two different costumes there.

4 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts November 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm

hmmm…. no clue what you are going to be… can’t wait to see pics :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Running for my DadMy Profile

5 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm

OMG, that pic of “you” and Julie is hilarious!!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Happy Birthday Katie-NicMy Profile

6 alyssa November 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm

a) i love how your first two commenters are named “alyssa” – TAKEOVER
b) WHERE IN NEW JERSEY ARE YOU FROM!?!??!?!
c) NPH. love.

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 4, 2011 at 2:47 pm

MEDFORD! OORAH! where are you from?

8 alyssa November 5, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Bridgewater! Live in Hoboken now!!

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 9:26 pm

gah, small world!

10 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer November 4, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Also, I just clicked on the WTF? link, and next to the picture of the _____, was a naked tattoo’d woman!! NSFW, oh well.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Happy Birthday Katie-NicMy Profile

11 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I actually thought that WAS a pic of you and Julie, haha!
I know what you mean about DYAC and the “fake parents”. However, it is the parents texts that make me laugh the most! Boner is an excellent example of this.
Pumped fo’ yo’ guest post, and hope you have a fab weekend!
PS – running cures my hangovers, all the time. I frequently run hungover to pick up my car that I left the night before. It’s good times.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..The Time I Almost Got ArrestedMy Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm

genius.

13 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy November 4, 2011 at 3:31 pm

That chewbaca thing is going to haunt my dreams for weeks. WEEKS I tell you!
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..FinallyMy Profile

14 Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City November 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Hahah i am totally with you on the clif bar behavior

have a great weekend!
Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City recently posted..Tis that time of year again….My Profile

15 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health November 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Omg haha…that pic of you and Julie actually looks fairly real! Can’t wait for your guest post :) . And seriously, wtf is that chewbacca thing??? And more importantly, how did you come across that haha
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Stretching – IT BandMy Profile

16 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm

That baby chewbaca freaks me out not going to lie. Can’t wait to see the costume! Have funn :D

17 Lauren November 4, 2011 at 4:27 pm

You are the photoshop queen!
Lauren recently posted..Double Chocolate Mint CookiesMy Profile

18 Ashlee November 4, 2011 at 4:30 pm

A loofah and someone using it? that would be hi-larious!

19 Tiffany @ Snack Snark Bark November 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm

So saving that NPH pic to my desktop because it’s so true!

I keep hearing of these mini Clif bars but havent seen them anywhere—-what gives??

20 Stephanie @ Snacking on Sunshine November 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm

This is my first ever comment here but I couldn’t resist – you had me giggling at the office bahaha.
I TOTALLY hear you on the DYAC – some of them are hilarious but some of them are like.. really? REALLY?

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 4, 2011 at 5:36 pm

yeah.. there’s no way they’re for real. and I like it when you don’t resist! :)

22 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 4, 2011 at 5:24 pm

umm story of my life with bars. I buy them to save for later. and then they are gone wi thin hours. yesterday it was a luna chocolate raspberry

23 julie November 4, 2011 at 6:33 pm

um do you know how close nj is to ny? does this mean you’ll be in ny to visit me?
julie recently posted..panko partyMy Profile

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 4, 2011 at 7:27 pm

maw, I wish, girlfriend. I’m in south jerz, right outside philly, so farther away from where you are!

25 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com November 4, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I love everything about this post. Every. Single. Thing. But mostly the NPH. Because who doesn’t love him? Have a great weekend!

26 Molly @ Hungry Hungry Runner November 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I love everything about this post. Every. Single. Things. But especially the NPH. Because who doesn’t love him?! Have a great weekend! :)

27 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List November 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Too many things to comment on! umm..i’ll just go with the Chewbacca one…seriously!? Travis would probably try to buy this for Henry!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..movember goalsMy Profile

28 Rebecca November 5, 2011 at 12:22 am

This post just cracked me up. Love it.
Rebecca recently posted..Better Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile

29 Kara November 5, 2011 at 12:45 am

Alyssa- so glad I stumbled upon your website in your Peanut Butter Fingers guest post! I think I’m gonna have to start reading your blog everyday along with Julie’s. I just ran my first marathon in Chicago on October 9th, so I completely understand your encouraging words to those who haven’t reached this milestone. I have looked into the marathon that you did and I now that I’ve read your review, I think I may have to give it a go!

30 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 4:40 pm

YES! you better keep me updated and let me know how it goes!

31 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 5, 2011 at 1:23 am

Ew baby chewbaca is grooossss!

32 Jane November 5, 2011 at 2:28 am

I thought Leslie looked a little different – that photo is hilarious :)

Congratulations on your marathon! Anyone who can run that far is my hero and a huge superstar. I am so glad you did a guest post on PBF otherwise I might never have found you. Loving your blog and can’t wait to look around some more.

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 4:40 pm

glad you found me, jane!

34 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life November 5, 2011 at 2:55 am

I found your blog through your guest post at PBF, and I must say I’ve spent thirty minutes of poker night checking it out. From your References to The Office to your totally awesome parents….I’m hooked! My friends are totally angry though :-)

Looking forward to a great new read and much- needed running motivation!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..It’s Missing…My Profile

35 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

HAHA. meh… blogs > poker night. ;)

36 Hollie@lolzthatswim November 5, 2011 at 2:55 am

AHAHAHA I think I just cried reading this. I hate cliff/powerbars I inhale them.
Hollie@lolzthatswim recently posted..Dirty Friday FavsMy Profile

37 Samantha November 5, 2011 at 3:13 am

Just found your blog (saw your guest post on pbfingers) & I think it’s awesome. I think you’re really great & hilarious. I also have a black lab, he’s 8 months, his name is Luke. Not that you needed to know lol!! Anyways just wanted to say hello!!!

38 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

ah! Chloe’s dad was a black lab named luke!

39 Janine @ ThePurpleGiraffe November 5, 2011 at 3:21 am

Hi there! I’m new here, found you through PBFingers! Great blog, you crack me up!
Janine @ ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..BRRRRRR! First COLD run of the season!My Profile

40 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 4:38 pm

thanks, girlfriend!

41 Corrie Anne November 5, 2011 at 3:25 am

Wow, I had no idea about the Google blogs. Have a great time tonight! I’m just so happy to be sitting at home! :)
Corrie Anne recently posted..Denver Date Night: India’s RestaurantMy Profile

42 Amber K November 5, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Loved your guest post on Peanut Butter Fingers! Your blogs are hilarious. :)
Amber K recently posted..Fall FavoritesMy Profile

43 Holly November 5, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I am WAY WAY WAY late, but I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your marathon!!! :D You should be SO very proud of yourself- you totally rocked it! & I love the poster your parents made for you…and their shirts- adorable :)
Holly recently posted..She Read It Wrong.My Profile

44 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 9:23 pm

thanks, holly! :)

45 Jane November 6, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Hey Alyssa!
1) This is a hilarious post and I totally do that with Larabars– they are so good I eat 3 at a time after long runs
2) I found your blog by reading your marathon post on Julie’s page and guessss whatttt, I’m running my first full marathon in ATHENS, Greece next Sunday!! I’m so excited/nervous for a million reasons but that post was so inspiring and reading all your marathon-related posts on your blog has been amazing too! Just what I needed to stumble on right before my race to keep from psyching myself out. So thank you so much!! I feel like all the super awesome running girls in the blog world are my friends and we’re all cheering each other on- I’m just sad I didn’t find your blog earlier in the training process. But for the next one! I will be reading and commenting for the whole time.

xo, Jane
Jane recently posted..Guardate!My Profile

46 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm

that is so awesome! THE athens marathon… I’ve heard that one’s a doozy! I’m so glad my posts helped. and definitely let me know how it goes! I’ll be rooting for you!

47 Kara November 6, 2011 at 9:48 pm

HAHAHAAHA you’re hilarious! I bought those mini cliff bars and the same thing happened…#$@^&#%$#&@$#%!!!!

48 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries November 7, 2011 at 3:36 am

I’m obsessed with Damn You Auto Correct. Even if they’re not all real they entertain me during the workday :)

P.S. I was super jealous when I saw that (photoshopped) pic of you and Julie. I thought there was a dance party going on with two of my favorite bloggers and I can NOT miss out on that! ;)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Home is Where the Heart isMy Profile

49 Rach November 7, 2011 at 6:18 pm

So I know the autocorrect stuff is typically fake, but oh my goodness it makes me laugh sometimes!

50 kayleigh November 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm

i just found your blog today and i love it! congratulations on your marathon! i just have a quick question, i was stalking your blog (uh…yeahh.) and found some posts with videos but when i try to watch them it says the video is private. how do i watch them? haha.

51 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 8, 2011 at 12:44 am

oh, shoot! I need to go fix that. thank you for reminding me. consider them un-privatized. ;)

52 Elissa November 12, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Where in NJ are you running on Thanksgiving?! I’m from NJ too!

53 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm