Add it to Your Christmas List

November 10, 2011 · 37 comments

Do I have something you ALL need to ask Santa for.

Yes, you. Runners and non-runners alike.

I have seen so many medal hangers around, many of which look really cheap and/or cheesy. I’ve been wanting somewhere to display all my medals, but was striking out when looking for a pretty, classy-looking hanger.

Well, thanks to the people at Running on the Wall, I FOUND IT.

The awesome people at Running on the Wall must have heard I just completed my first marathon. I was doing heel clicks and splits in the air when I saw an adorable medal hanger and race bib holder sitting on my doorstep, and I immediately tore open the package, put them up on my living room wall, and adorned them with my medals (minus the one from my first half marathon… hey Dad, will you bring that to VA Beach, please?) and bibs.

I’m kind of obsessed. They come in all kids of colors, too.

And Running on the Wall doesn’t only make medal hangers. They make bib display boards, cute coat hangers, pretty jewelry holders, and beautiful little key hangers, too.

Be sure to check out Running on the Wall’s website, like them on Facebook, and check them out on Etsy. They’re amazing, and I have yet to find a medal hanger/race bib display that’s more attractive for guys and girls.

I know somebody who won’t be adding a medal display to her Christmas list.

Chloe needs some serious endurance training. She get so excited about a run with her mama, she likes to sprint at a 7 minute pace for the first two miles and and lumbering at a 9 minute pace once she’s done four.

She drug me for the first two miles yesterday. I drug her for the last 3.5. We’re a great team.

You’d think she had a sweet remix playing in the beginning of her run… followed by the kind of running song that would make you want to slit your wrists (every time that song comes on my suffled iPod, I want to gouge my eyes out with the nearest tree branch).

Negative splits, Chlo. Negative splits. Maybe I need to tell Chloe that’s what I want from her for Christmas – a dog who can keep a steady pace.

While we’re on the subject, hit me with your absolute worst running song. I’ll blacklist them all from my running playlists.

1 Celia November 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Those medal hangers are very pretty! Wish I had known about them when I bought mine!
Celia recently posted..no 2011 nyc marathon for meMy Profile

2 Heather November 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

OH! I’ve seen many a medal holder, but this is the first race bib decor hanger I’ve seen. SO PERFECT for those of us who haven’t mastered much more than a 15K yet, right? LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Heather recently posted..These DaysMy Profile

3 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe November 10, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Zomg, I neeed the Owl board. I love me a delicious owl pun. Consider that added to my wishlist.
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Foggy, dreary day…My Profile

4 Kat @ Balance & Spice November 10, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Ha! I’m like your dog when I run with my boyfriend – I’m so eager to start, and then slowly sputter and die.
Worst workout song would most definitely be Barbie Girl. It’s like the evil virus song – I’ve deleted it from my ipod and computer 15 times since I was…oh…12, and it NEVER GOES AWAY!!
Kat @ Balance & Spice recently posted..The Truth about Xanthan GumMy Profile

5 Nikki November 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Those displays are freakin’ adorable. I seriously just emailed the link to my mom and sis for Christmas. 🙂

Hmm anything with too fast of a beat throws me off. I try to move my legs to fast and just tire myself out.

We The Kings’ album gets me in a good groove pace wise.

6 Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves November 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm

My dog does the exact same thing! It’s frustrating, but I always feel so guilty running without her. I guess I should make a loop back by my house and drop her off at about mile 3!
Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves recently posted..Black Bean & Sweet Potato ChiliMy Profile

7 Karla November 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Oh my goodness I am sending that site to my mom as we speak. Those are SWEET! I currently have my medals just hanging from some Command hooks in my room…classy 😉

I don’t know any particularly BAD running songs…anything up tempo and fun gets me going!
Karla recently posted..Winter Weather WednesdayMy Profile

8 Hollie@lolzthatswim November 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I want those. Those are so freaking sweet for real girl.
Hollie@lolzthatswim recently posted..Mini-Lookback of SwimmingMy Profile

9 Jenny November 10, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Oh my goodness, you’re so fast! I’m a beginner runner and I’m lucky if I can break a 9.15 pace.

10 Michelle @ Blogitness November 10, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Those medal hangers and other hangers are great. You may have just helped me with some Christmas shopping.
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Staying Fit on a BudgetMy Profile

11 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy November 10, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I can’t wait until I get Mac trained on a leash. Running so much better with a little buddy…
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Shattered DreamsMy Profile

12 julie November 10, 2011 at 5:08 pm

OMG. this is insane. like IN-SANITY this is genius. i kind of want to get it for anyone i know who ever ran a race hahaha. i on the other hand would use it to hang my jewelry
julie recently posted..crockpot pizza chickenMy Profile

13 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com November 10, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Love the medal holders! Such a great idea. And I’m sure with a little more training and some positive reinforcement Chloe will get her act together and stop coming out of the gate too fast. 😉

14 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers November 10, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I don’t know of my least fav running song. My gym plays some bad ones though. They play some hits, and then they’ll blow me away with something horribly slow and melancholy. Gag.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Winniging WorkoutMy Profile

15 Diana November 10, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I LOVE those! And I think I just found the Christmas present for half of my gift list…woohoo!
Diana recently posted..Happy Birthday, Lilly!My Profile

16 Erin @ Running Tall November 10, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Aaaaand these have just been added to my list! SO perfect! Emailing this to my family right now.

Worst running song ever: Anything Damian Rice. Don’t get me wrong, I love his music and have tons of it on my ipod for everyday listening, but when one of his songs comes on during shuffle, it brings my pumped-up meter down. I’m the kind of runner who needs loud, dance, remixed-to-death music to pump me up and keep me going.
Erin @ Running Tall recently posted..Boots and BoarMy Profile

17 chelsea November 10, 2011 at 6:11 pm

So cute! That’s going on my christmas list FOR SURE.
chelsea recently posted..ughjustcallmejazz answered your question: Reading labels…
A lot of energy drinks aren’t vegan…
My Profile

18 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 10, 2011 at 6:42 pm

those have actually been on my christmas list for a while!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Fuzzy’s Taco & Giveaway Winner!My Profile

19 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry November 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I only have two medals (THUS FAR) but I definitely have been wanting one of those! They are so cute.
And so is Chloe!!!! Her little black face warms my heart.
Um the Titanic song would be my worst song, but you listed that so I’m trying to think of another one… Anything slow, dramatic and too romantic gets the blacklist from me!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..GymjuriesMy Profile

20 Erika - The Teenage Taste November 10, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Love the medal hangers. Definitely thinking of adding them to my Christmas list…now I just have to get more medals. Haha! 😉

21 Sarah K November 10, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Those are awesome! I need to start running more races so I can convince my fiance to get me one!!! Congrats on the Marathon too, I ran the Marine Corps Historic Half (my first) in May!!! OORAH!!!

22 Aubree Robinson November 10, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Horrible running song, Jeremy Jordan, The Right Kind of Love. I learned the hard way just because he played at The Peach Pit After Dark doesn’t make this a good song.

23 Kirstie @ Musings of a Happy Life November 11, 2011 at 12:57 am

Woah! I love it.

I’m not a runner (yet) but I loved the Owl keys holder. So I bought that one! 🙂

Thanks for the links!
Kirstie @ Musings of a Happy Life recently posted..SICKMy Profile

24 Rach November 11, 2011 at 1:28 am

Those are all so cute! I love ’em!
Rach recently posted..Mini Pizzas!My Profile

25 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 11, 2011 at 2:13 am

Cute cute cute!!!

26 Allison @ PickyEatingRD November 11, 2011 at 3:43 am

Those are really adorable! Though I am pretty sure I need to run at least 5 races to justify having a medal holder!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..I’m Not A CelebrityMy Profile

27 Allison @ Happy Tales November 14, 2011 at 12:48 am

Shmeeeeeee I really like your medal hanger! I’ve been on the lookout for one… hm. You got my wheels turning. Adding that to my bday/xmas wish-list!!!

28 Katy @ HaveYouHurd November 15, 2011 at 7:20 pm

The Holly and the Ivey and/or any other Christmas song that comes across my iPod mid-run. Not much about Christmas that makes me want to knock out a few more miles. Christmas music just makes me want to stuff my face and drink egg nog.
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Oopsy! BTC Day 14 & 15My Profile

29 Kelly November 28, 2011 at 7:08 pm

My dog does the EXACT same thing! Starts off sprinting and then I’m dragging her the last mile or so.
Kelly recently posted..Rainy DazeMy Profile

30 colleenzo December 1, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Dang, I wish I had seen this post before I bought christmas presents for my best friend! This would have been perfect for her!

As far as running songs, pesky Cat Stevens songs are what prompted me to finally create a running playlist in my iPhone rather than just putting it on random shuffle. Worst running music ever.

31 2012 Camera Christmas Deals December 10, 2012 at 1:57 am

Youre probably thinking since this is a studio comedy, everything will be wrapped up in a nice little package.