Simply Awesome

October 20, 2011 · 18 comments

Do I have a new find for you.

When The Simply Bar told me they were the perfect fit for me, they couldn’t have been more right. …Seriously. These protein bars got it right when they concocted a great on-the-go bar with more protein for less fat and calories.

They must have caught wind of my busy-bee life. ;) And let me tell ya, between a full-time communications job, a part-time coaching job, marathon training, blogging, mommy-ing a puppy, painting wine glasses, and attempting to keep up with a social life, I don’t exactly have a ton of time on my hands. But you guys know that already.

Anyway, when I dug into the sampler box The Simply Bar sent me, I was preeettty excited about my future with a protein-filled snack that wouldn’t pack in extra unnecessary calories and fat. ‘Cause it’s not like I don’t enough of that from the birthday brownies and cookie at work.

MARATHON TRAINING MAKES ME SO HUNGRY. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, and I won’t stop saying it until it’s over.

The Simply Bar comes is 100% vegan, kosher, and free of gluten and dairy and sugar alcohol. Simply Bars are suitable for those with Celiac’s, Crohn’s and IBS.

16 grams of protein and only 160 calories. And the thing fills you up. It was perfect for my pre-run snack right after work. It satiated me, but it was light enough to run directly after chomping it. Check out the stats compared to other protein bars:

The Simply Bar comes in peanut butter chocolate (oh yes), caramel peanut (mah fave.. so good), cinnamon pecan (strange aftertaste for me), lemon coconut, cocoa coffee (YUM), cinnamon, and cocoa raspberry (also delicious). As far as taste goes, picture a dense rice crispie treat void of marshmallow and covered in the aforementioned flavors.

If you wanna try ‘em out (and trust me, you do), you can buy them online or check out their store locations.

Bottom line? The Simply Bar is awesome. It fills you up with little calories, it’s nice and light, and it tastes delicious.*

And while we’re on the subject, people at The Simply Bar, I’m munching on my last one as I type this post.

If you wanted to send me a million more, I wouldn’t hate it.

*The views and opinions expressed here are purely my own.

1 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer October 20, 2011 at 3:52 pm

OOh, those sound delicious! I’m intrigued by the lemon coconut flavor, seems like a different flavor combo I’d like to try.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..I’ma ScaredMy Profile

2 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry October 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Wow, those stats are actually amazing. I am impressed. I stay away from protein bars usually because of their high fat and calorie content. I am NOT running a marathon so it’s not really needed. I hope these babies are available in Canada! I will also be simply sad if they are not :(
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Costumes of Halloween’s PastMy Profile

3 Chelcie @ Chelcies FOod Files October 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Those look so good! I really want to try them! I normally don’t like protein or granola bars for snacks because they never fill me up but with 16 grams of protein I bet that would be a different story!
Chelcie @ Chelcies FOod Files recently posted..SNACK ATTACK-WIAWMy Profile

4 Brittany October 20, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Those are awesome stats!! I’m always looking for a new bar for on the go with out so much cals and stuff. I’ll definitely need to try these out!

5 amy t October 20, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Thanks for sharing Ali! I love finding out about new gluten free snacks that are on the go. That would have to be my biggest complaint about having Celiac’s Disease. I am so excited to try these so I can have a break from the Lara and Kind bars!! :-)

6 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Those sound delicious! I’ve heard of them, but I havne’t seen any in stores around me!

7 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 20, 2011 at 4:51 pm

These look delish… much better nutrition stats then the Clif bars I normally turn to. Lemon coconut sounds like an awesome flavor.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Raw Apple PieMy Profile

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 20, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I haven’t read one negative thing about these bars… just too cheap to have bought any yet! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Three Pumpkin Recipe ThursdayMy Profile

9 Sam @ Samantha in Training October 20, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I love bars oh so much : ) I’ll definitely need to check out The Simply Bars love hearing about new finds. I also want to try Picky bars I heard those are good, too!
Sam @ Samantha in Training recently posted..Buyers Remorse and Baked OatmealMy Profile

10 Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com October 20, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I’ve seen these but haven’t tried them yet. I’m going to have to know, though. :)

When I was training for my marathon – which was forever ago! – I was hungry all. the. time. Seriously. I felt like I was always eating and was never full. So please feel free to keep declaring your hunger! ;)
Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com recently posted..Squash ItMy Profile

11 cait October 20, 2011 at 7:52 pm

i’ve tried those and i couldn’t agree more :) they are soooo yummy! xo
cait recently posted..ELF ReviewMy Profile

12 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie October 20, 2011 at 10:43 pm

NICE stats! I’ll be purchasing some of these – I need some good bars.
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Legal DocumentsMy Profile

13 Liz @ Something To Chew On October 20, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Ooh!! I’ve seen these before – must try!!!
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..What I’m Lovin’ WednesdayMy Profile

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 21, 2011 at 12:05 am

Yum the cocoa raspberry sounds awesome!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Running advice from someone who knows.My Profile

15 Rach October 21, 2011 at 1:30 am

These sound tasty! I love finding a product that I love so much that I just can’t wait to share it. :) Also, totally loving your dark nail polish!
Rach recently posted..Inspired by PinterestMy Profile

16 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts October 21, 2011 at 1:47 pm

haha nice one :) those look good. I am soo skeptical about protein bars.. they always leave a horrible aftertaste!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Reduce debt = reduce stress!My Profile

17 Jenn @ Peas and Crayons October 21, 2011 at 5:03 pm

YES YOU NEED TO START BUYING KOMBUCHA! strawberry tastes like a strawberry soda =)

aww hunny i can see your battle wounds on your hands still! i’ll have to come take care of you OBVS. not that we’re like a million months overdue for a bloggy meet up or anything! =)

ooh! and the line “i’ve got a knife behind my back, just sayin!” from Houdini gives me the chills. so does “he’s bringing me a surpriiiiise!” when foster says it in that creepy ass voice. um…. nightmares… but they’re kind of my fav thing ever so its ok (the band not the bad dreams. to clarify! hehe)

ok enuff rambling! cya ho!
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Project Pantry Over-OrganizationMy Profile

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 21, 2011 at 6:25 pm

kind of love your rambles.

okay, more than kind of.