New Goals

October 12, 2011 · 33 comments

We actually did create a bucket list of sorts.

Usually, I renew my goals after I’ve just completed a race and need something else to work towards. Gotta combat that workout boredom, right?

This time, we haven’t even completed our marathon yet, but the brilliant ideas just keep pilin’ up.

Remember how Rob and Jim ran the Virginia Beach Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon for Team Hoyt?

Anastasia and I were inspired. We wanna push a cute little bopper together for Team Hoyt. Potentially, at next year’s Virginia Beach Rock ‘N’ Roll.

And after we do that? We wanna be race pacers.

How fun would it be to bop around the 2:00:00 mark of a half marathon with your little stick cheering everybody on?

I wanna hold that stick. And I’ll cheer real loud for the runners around me. They’ll either love me or hate me.

That guy likes it. Why would’t I?

Wine Country Half Marathon. I’m pretty positive I don’t have to explain the appeal of this one.

You see, we’ve always done races pretty close to home, the farthest one being my first half marathon (OBX Half) in the Outer Banks of N.C. Now, we wanna save up and travel and do exciting races.

Like, for me, the Walt Disney Marathon. Which just so happens to be on the special date of January 8th.

That’s right. Elvis’ birthday.

…and mine. ;)

How awesome would it be to run a marathon in Disney ON your birthday? I’m pretty positive I can’t coerce anyone into running it with me this January. I’ll work on it.

AND the Disney Princess Half, which, as I’ve said before, is at the top of my bucket list. Allegedly, the Disney magic doesn’t really do it for Anastasia.

I’m working on her. ;)

And after we’ve done all this in 15 years and are 40 years old with little babies, our plan is to run marathons/half marathons to the sight of this:

Big plans, guys. Big plans.

1 Melissa October 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Wine & Dine is in October – it’s only a half, but I’d definitely recommend running it! Mickey Mouse will take your wallet and clear out your savings, but it’s so worth it.
Melissa recently posted..Taper TimeMy Profile

2 Amanda October 12, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I was JUST going to comment about the Wine & Dine. I just ran it last week (first half marathon!) and it was SO COOL, but ended up being waaaay more expensive than I thought it was going to be. Disney is awesome but they really know how to get ya…

3 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm

The Go Mom Go sign totally melted my heart. The Disney Princess Half sounds like a lot of fun. I would totally dress up as Belle and rock it!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Crabby SaladMy Profile

4 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) October 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I’d do the Disney half with you!… you know, if I could run that far and everything… can I just dress up as a princess and walk around waving at people instead?
Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..WIAW: Return of the Calorie CountMy Profile

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2011 at 4:02 pm

yes. you totally can. and hailey’s invted, too.

6 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats October 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I would LOVE to run the Disney Half! I might actually do it because I may be home in Florida visiting family around that time!
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Getting Back Into the Running GrooveMy Profile

7 Linz October 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm

The Disney Princess Half was my very first half and it was absolutely amazing. You’ve got to do it!
Or, go to SoCal and do the Tinkerbell Half :)
Linz recently posted..Search Term a Palooza Round 2My Profile

8 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry October 12, 2011 at 3:37 pm

OH man, I would love to do the Disney marathon. AND the Disney Princess Half. I have never run more than 7k, but those races would be so much fun I’d run in them for a million years. Um, ESPECIALLY if you were the pacer!!! hahaha, you would be the best pacer ever. You would definitely need some fun props for that. I have some in mind, so let me know if that ends up happening.

I am the worst goal setter…I need to work on this…

My kids better hold up a better looking sign for me than that.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Apples and Sheep and Llamas, Oh MyMy Profile

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

haha. I totally thought that, but considering I never have anyone holding a sign in the first place, I’d take it.

10 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts October 12, 2011 at 3:49 pm

haha super cute :) I love that last picture. haha.

I don’t think I could run with a sign, or yell at people for that matter. haha. More power to ya!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..When will life be normal again?My Profile

11 jaymee October 12, 2011 at 4:43 pm

do a hawaii race! kauai and maui marathons are both in september! i ran kauai last year and its GORGEOUS and there are hula dancers along the course :)
jaymee recently posted..my greeting cards and wrapping paper.My Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm

oh my gosh, I don’t know if I could focus with all the wonder going on around me. to run, or to join in the hula? run, or hula?

13 Sarah OUaL October 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Ahhh the kids with “run mommy!” and “my mom’s faster than you” and etc all make me a little weepy. In defense my emotions are always a little out of whack during a race, but still. Mommy runners are badass and awesome.
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Long Beach Marathon : A (sucky) Lesson in RacingMy Profile

14 julie October 12, 2011 at 5:44 pm

trick question: if you run the full disney marathon..aren’t you technically running the half as well…

hahahaha i’m an asshole i know
julie recently posted..pulled pumpkin crockpot chicken & pumpin’ some ironMy Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 12, 2011 at 5:59 pm

julie, I always love your deep, thought-provoking questions.

16 Lauren October 12, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I would totally cry if my future children held up a sign for me while I was running a marathon! No lie, after seeing the marathon finishers at the Denver Rock’n’Roll last Sunday I kinda wanna run one…
Especially if it’s a Disney one. I’ve always wanted to run the half in D-land so bad!
Lauren recently posted..What You Will See at an ExpoMy Profile

17 Sami October 12, 2011 at 6:03 pm

that’s awesome! i’d love to run the disney marathon with you! (:

xo.
Sami recently posted..Wedding Season.My Profile

18 Amy October 12, 2011 at 6:48 pm

# 1 Lol! You might set ten thousand goals but you will end up in the same state. That’s the beauty of life… :)
Amy recently posted..Physical therapy assistant schoolsMy Profile

19 Ffion @ Chocolate and Raspberries October 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

The Disney half sounds like so much fun! You have a super cute blog!
Ffion @ Chocolate and Raspberries recently posted..WIAW and a WelcomeMy Profile

20 Jen@foodfamilyfitness October 12, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I want my first 1/2 to be a disney related one!! I think it would be so much fun!!!
Jen@foodfamilyfitness recently posted..Poor Brussels SproutMy Profile

21 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie October 12, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Run the disney princess half with me!! We can make fun shirts that say Pricelyss or well you’re funnier, so you make up the shirt saying!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Pumpkin ChiliMy Profile

22 Kace October 12, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I need to recheck the finances but I’m 99% sure I’m doing the disney princess – so I vote for that one!
Kace recently posted..First Day Jitters – AgainMy Profile

23 Baking Serendipity October 12, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I love your goals! I would be so game for the wine country half. And my goal is to run the Disney marathon after having kids, and turn it into a magic vacation. Dreams…
Baking Serendipity recently posted..Individual Deep Dish Apple Plum Pies with Crumb ToppingMy Profile

24 ChocolatePBCups October 13, 2011 at 12:00 am

haha i love the pictures! and that last one is too cute :-) that would just melt my heart if i was a mom and saw my kids holding that sign! and I love elvis! I grew up listening to him because of my grandpa :-) what a cool person to share a birthday with!
ChocolatePBCups recently posted..I Used To Be FatMy Profile

25 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons October 13, 2011 at 1:14 am

bahahahaha! oh yes, i totally see the allure of the wine half marathon! in fact, i want to go to there…
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday Party #38My Profile

26 Alexa @ SimpleEats October 13, 2011 at 2:38 am

Ah Team Hoyt! I get to see that duo every year at the Boston Marathon. They’re so inspirational!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Foodie FindsMy Profile

27 Rach October 13, 2011 at 3:09 am

Yes, yes! Run Disney! That’d be brilliant! Plus, Elvis’ birthday + your birthday = brilliant!
Rach recently posted..Pasta e FagioliMy Profile

28 Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn October 13, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Wow sounds brilliant!
I think that is some serious love for running if you want to a marathon on your birthday!!
And those kids are so so cute :-)
Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday No. 12 + Dinner At Jamie’sMy Profile

29 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite October 13, 2011 at 7:23 pm

the Disney half sounds amazing! so fun!!
Rachel @ The Avid Appetite recently posted..{Un}traditional Apple & Cranberry StrudelMy Profile

30 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 14, 2011 at 12:23 am

Haha! I could so see you being a pacer running all happy with the sign. LOL

And I badly, badly, badly want to do so many of the Disney races. Especially the princess one!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Not Your Typical ThursdayMy Profile

31 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 14, 2011 at 12:18 pm

yes! in tutus! let’s do it. ;)

32 Keaghan November 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm

My birthday is Jan 8th too!! I would totally run a half marathon (I’m a noooob) on my birthday but only if it was a Disney one..

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 5, 2011 at 11:20 pm

wahhooooo birthday buddies! let’s go do it. ;)