I’d Be Lying If I Told You

October 21, 2011 · 27 comments

1. …every time “All I Do is Win” comes on my iPod, I don’t get jacked up enough to punch somebody.

The song increases my pace by about a minute every time I hear it. I have a feeling I should load that song onto my running playlist around mile 26 next Sunday.

I’m sure I’ll look especially cool when I fist pump and the “every time I step up in the buil-il-din’” part comes on and I can’t control my urge to throw my hands in the hair.

Penguins in New Zealand don’t wear sweaters. Just so you’re aware. All you Pinterest fanatics (I’m talking to you and your new knitting hobby, Maria) need to knit some baby sweaters for these guys and send them off.

(source)

3. …I didn’t look up the lyrics to “Pumped Up Kicks” by Foster the People. I got tired of sitting in my car singing, “aaaalll the other kids with the pumped up kicks better runn better runn.. I’ll rruuuunnn mah cup.”

…Aaaand now I’m officially disturbed and somewhat worried Mark Foster is going to kill me in my sleep.

(source)

4. …I don’t adore being a Love Grown Blogger (ugh, that’s such a big lie it hurts to type it). And on that note, I didn’t completely tear into every single one of these bags upon my package’s arrival on Tuesday.

Seriously – being a part of this company’s mission is fantastic, this granola makes me swoon, I love anything that has to do with spreadin’ some love.

And by the way, for all of my fellow love grown bloggers out there picking favorites, I’m calling you out. They’re all so amazing. It’s impossible to choose one.

Okay, fine. I think I like the raisin almond crunch the best.

Or the cocoa goodness.

Aaaand now I love my fridge.

5. …this child’s homework doesn’t make me want to teach:

(source)

If life really is that entertaining in a school, I will most definitely go take the praxis exam and educate young minds everywhere.

I’m not completely psyched to be reunited with all my college lovers this weekend.

6. …I wasn’t embarrassed for this Taylor Swift superfan on Ellen. She takes freakishly-obsessed-creeper to a whole ‘nother level. I was cringing watching it, wishing I had a bug in her ear telling her to “just be cool, man.”

Ellen put her in a costumed perfume bottle of Taylor’s new fragrance.

And told her she was going to Nashville to see Taylor again.

I wasn’t sure whether it was appropriate to cry with her or cry for her new reputation as creepiest T-Swift fan ever.

7. …(speaking of new fragrances), I am not obsessed with my new scent.

(source)

You already know how picky I am about my perfume. And you already know I maaayyy be wearing the same Creamy Coconut scent I’ve worn since high school. That stuff is now getting a vacation thanks to “Gorgeous.” I smell wonderful.

(source)

8. …last night, I didn’t my own hair for the first time since Saturday.

Little victories, people. Little victories.

Before you’re entirely grossed out, I did go to the hairdresser to have her wash my hair while I couldn’t. The stupid cuts all over my hands are finally healed enough for me to touch something without wanting to light myself on fire and end it all.

9. …I don’t like to exaggerate.

10. …I didn’t finish my FINAL “long” taper run last night. All that’s left on the schedule before the marathon is a 5, 3, 4, and 2 mile run. Smooth sailing from here on out.

11. …I’m not competely psyched for Homecoming weekend with all my college lovers.

I hear a Cookout milkshake calling my name…

[I really hope you read all of this with the post title in front of it. If you didn't, I assume you're super confused by now.]

1 Lauren October 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm

haha love this post! the homework pic was the best…LOL LOL

2 Caitlin October 21, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I’m slow on the uptake and just saw your header…but I’m obsessed with it, basically. AWESOME idea.

That Ellen girl made me LOL. OMG she looks like the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka in that costume! I hate when people give me secondhand embarrassment. It’s how I feel about Michael Scott on “The Office”.

And that kid’s drawing of the “stripper mom” was going around at my office last week!
Caitlin recently posted..Edmondson’s Farm: Fall Decor At Its Finest!My Profile

3 Alyssa N October 21, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Um yeah I can’t listen to “Pumped up kicks”. Who writes a song like that? Actually I listened to it only once and promptly turned to a different radio station.
And I’m thoroughly confused by this post, I read the title but by about number 5 I had forgotten and couldn’t remember if this was real or not. Good thing it’s Friday, my brain is fried.
Alyssa N recently posted..love your bodyMy Profile

4 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer October 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I’ll have to look up those lyrics too. I got the chorus, but I can’t understand the verses, and I’m still confused.
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..Our AnniversaryMy Profile

5 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 21, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I think All I Do is Win does that to everyone. That song is so good and totally pumps me up. I love sitting in traffic when it comes on, everyone on the highway enjoys my dancing.

The Pumped Up Kick song gives me the creeps, especially because it seems so nice and calm until you look at the lyrics. It’s like a sociopath theme song.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Quinoa Kind of NightMy Profile

6 julie October 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm

i can’t believe you have a week left. are you not dying inside?

also, i rock out like it’s nobody’s business in my car when that song comes on. i should prob get pulled over being badass
julie recently posted..a little of me & little of vanMy Profile

7 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts October 21, 2011 at 3:44 pm

haha I love this post :)

made me smile, Have fun this weekend!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Reduce debt = reduce stress!My Profile

8 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness October 21, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Love Grown Foods is sending me a box of granola, and I can’t freaking wait to get it! Have a great weekend :)
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..I have issuesMy Profile

9 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 21, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Hahahah awesome post. Hope you have an awesome time this weekend!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Food TexturesMy Profile

10 Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn October 21, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Haha I love this post, whenever I need a lift or just want to smile, I always head over to your blog :-)
That picture of that little girl’s homework really made me laugh!
And now I want some granola! Damn you stupid student budget :-P
Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn recently posted..Are You Sensing A Pattern Here?My Profile

11 theAlmostRunner October 21, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I’ve been singing AND THEY STAY THERE!!! all morning anyway. DUH, soul mates. Also, your hair looks RILL good up there.

And who the frick loves Taylor Swift that much… WOW.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..An Abundance of BeansMy Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 21, 2011 at 4:35 pm

UP down UP down UP doown.

13 Jenn's Adventures October 21, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Love all of this! I can’t control myself when “All I Do is Win” comes on, too!! AND I’ve been wearing the SAME perfume (VS Very Sexy) for over a decade — I’ll have to hunt down Gorgeous — Sephora is opening here on Maui the 28th and I couldn’t be more excited:)

14 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy October 21, 2011 at 6:04 pm

The “I’d rather watch you sleep” comment kind of made my day. Glad you’re healing friend :)
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Swappy SecondsMy Profile

15 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files October 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm

this post is awesome haha I am SO excited for homecoming week at my school!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..ConfessionsMy Profile

16 Alicia White October 21, 2011 at 6:22 pm

u make me laugh :-) a lot.

17 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 21, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Haha – that kid’s drawing just made my day. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the homecoming weekend.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Giveaway Friday: Part TwoMy Profile

18 Lauren October 21, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Ha ha ha, I like the note that student’s mother had to write the teacher best. My Dad knows one line and one line only in Pumped Up Kicks and despite the fact that you would think it would be the chorus, it’s actually “because you hair’s on fire.” I don’t even know when it says that but I’m sick of hearing him repeat it every time I see him :P Congrats on finishing your last long run!
Lauren recently posted..My Mother, the Ultimate PrepperMy Profile

19 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 21, 2011 at 7:25 pm

HAHAHAHH! That creepy Taylor fan made me cringe. And even though I’d date Ellen if I was into women, I think it was kind of mean that she put that creepy girl in that creepy perfume bottle. She looked like a creepy, weepy blueberry.

Did I mention I thought that creepy girl was creepy?
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Totally Truthful [Random Thoughts] ThursdayMy Profile

20 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 21, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I actually paid attention to the lyrics of that song the other day and it disturbed me so much! How can people write about that?!

And yahoo for smooth sailing on the marathon!!!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Birthdays, Race Photos, Winners & Frosting HappinessMy Profile

21 Brittany October 21, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I hate pumped up kicks!! I turn it off the second it comes on the readio. Too. Over. Played. The lyrics are weird but it’s actually a good song when it’s acoustic.

22 lindsay October 21, 2011 at 9:50 pm

oh wow, now thats a fan. You mean youre not a die hard taylor fan like that? slacker. hehe.
Glad the taper is here!
lindsay recently posted..Pause: Thirty Minute ThursdayMy Profile

23 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 22, 2011 at 12:31 am

Okay if someone turned that homework in to me, I think I would die. And I would keep it on MY fridge forever.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts fridayMy Profile

24 Easa October 22, 2011 at 6:57 am
25 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries October 24, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I’d be lying if I told you

1. I hated NYC this weekend.
2. I’m not excited to be transferred to… (it’s still a surpriiiiiiiiiiise! ;) )
3. I wasn’t super jealous of your rendezvous with Colleen.
4. I don’t miss you :)
5. I have my Halloween costume alllllllllllll picked out.
^I should probably get on that……….

Hope you had a great weekend :) xoxoxo
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Helping HandsMy Profile

26 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I love this. I wish everyone commented in this fashion.