Homecoming & [hot] Isaac Hanson Up Close

October 24, 2011 · 33 comments

I’m going to begin my post with a simple question:

(source)

I’ll tell you in a sec how that’s relevant to my rockin’ weekend.

There’s only one face that can some up this past Friday-Sunday:

Full of reuniting, wonderful friends, and juuust a little bit’a fun.

After a 5 hour drive, I arrived to see these three happy faces:

We ate, we drank, we danced, and after my final five-mile run Saturday morning (!!), we threw on our Catawba gear and headed to tailgate for the homecoming game.

And, of course, we had our traditional Mexican dinner after homecoming.

And THEN there was a Hanson concert. No, I’m not kidding, and yes, they’re still alive.

I sent my middle school partner in crime a text telling her I was attending a Hanson concert (part of the This Musical Ride Tour) last night. And what do ya know, the girl gets in a car, drives 2 hours, and meets me pre-concert for some dinner, drinks, and rekindled Hanson love.

Just look how much we’ve grown up.

And as we were shimmying our way to the front of the venue (helloooo, second row!), guess who we ran into?

Every second of the concert was awesome. Especially when they performed “I’ve Been Thinkin’ Bout Somethin’, mah fave.

No, wait. Especially the part when a girl(?) three times my height asked us to stop dancing and flinging our hair in her face.

I think she was just mad her pixie shag didn’t permit her to fling her hair around.

Just for you, Dana, Lisa-Marie (missed you) and Colleen

A glorious clip of Give A Little (remember how obsessed we were with this last song Spring? ..and by “we” I mean “me”), MmmBop, and the tail end of Zac’s happy birthday cake smash to the face.

Speaking of cutting hair, can we write a petition to Zac to follow suit?

What? No one cares what Hanson looks like now that they have 7 kids between the three of them? Okay, fine. But just so you know, Isaac did meet his wife after spotting her in the third row of the crowd at a concert.

I was in the second row last night…

Just sayin’.

But seriously, the concert was fantastic. They played their old music and their great new stuff (download “Shout it Out” if you haven’t already.. and if you haven’t already, you’re not living).

And Pandora may presently be playing Hanson. I’m reliving every moment of the wonder that was my 12 year old happiness last night.

Needless to say, I’m having a fantastic Monday.

1 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts October 24, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I am totally not ashamed to say I loved and still love Hanson :) they are awesome… When I was in middle school, I had never heard of Hanson before, and my best friend said, “hey do you want to come to Ohio with me to go see Hanson live” to which I relied, “who? what?”

Needless to say I spent the next 24 hours listening and memorizing ALL of their songs, and we went to the concert.. in Ohio :) It was glorious!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Weekend Recap!My Profile

2 Caitlin October 24, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I had Mexican food to celebrate college football this weekend as well!
Caitlin recently posted..Weekend Wrap-UpMy Profile

3 Hannah@mindrunningwild October 24, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I love Hanson- first concert I ever went to. I can’t believe they’re still around- I’ll definitely have to look into what they’ve got going on now!
Hannah@mindrunningwild recently posted..Leaving on the First TrainMy Profile

4 Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer October 24, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Sounds like an awesome weekend!
Emmarie @ Bananas and Beer recently posted..They tried to make me go to RehabMy Profile

5 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy October 24, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Isaac def got sexified. Taylor was such a pretty little boy back in the day, I’m glad he scruffed it up a touch. And Zac… well.. he sure can bang a tambourine. Well done on the Hanson update, friend. Well done.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..This One Is for the LadiesMy Profile

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I just laughed out loud.

…you just keep bangin’ that tambourine, zac. that’s what you’re good at these days.

7 Lindsay @ biking before bed October 24, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Wow, I am so jealous of you right now! Did they play Yearbook? I know that song is uber depressing and it always made me cry, but I loved it! I saw Backstreet Boys a couple years ago… incredible:)
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Hiking and Sunday Super ClubMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm

they totally played “yearbook.” and I sang along with every “WHERE DID HE GO, I WANNA KNOW. WHERE DID JOHNNY GO?”

9 Katy October 24, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I was so in love with Zac when I was a tween. Now, he’s like the least attractive one… Haha. I’m ALMOST ashamed to say that I’m jealous…. but not quite. I’d love to re-visit my 12 year old self, and all the OMG!THEWORLDISENDING drama. But only for like, 10 minutes…. haha.
Katy recently posted..Three Miles of Catching UpMy Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 7:47 pm

…word.

11 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 24, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Wow, I had no idea Hanson was still out there making music. Learn somethin’ new every day! :) I’m glad you had a fun weekend. I bet yours flew by as fast as mine (they’re always too short!)
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..UndefeatedMy Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 7:47 pm

seriously. go download “shout it out,” their newest album. it’s so not your typical hanson music.

13 Brittany October 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Hanson, oh my gosh! Throwbaack. I would’ve loved that. Glad you had tons of fun!!

14 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry October 24, 2011 at 6:29 pm

All my friends used to make fun of me for liking them, but I don’t care – I STILL love Hanson!
I wish you got them to strip…
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Pumpkin Oatmeal PancakesMy Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 7:46 pm

gosh… why didn’t I?

16 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 24, 2011 at 6:39 pm

1. I think Maxican food is a staple “celebration” college food.
2. I’m so glad you had fun at Homecoming.
3. MARRY ME, HANSONN!!!! (Sorry, my inner 10-year-old was dying to get out.)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Take Back Your HealthMy Profile

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I instantly regretted my decision to not make a sign with those exact words.

18 theAlmostRunner October 24, 2011 at 7:31 pm

yeah. he got REAL hot.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..A New PositionMy Profile

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 24, 2011 at 7:46 pm

i almost fell over …over and over again.. over it.

20 Emily October 24, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I now have Mmmbop stuck in my head (THANK YOU, I love it). When I was in middle school I begged my mom to go to their concert. She surprised me for my birthday (arguably the best birthday present ever) and I saw them with A-a-ron Carter. I would LOVE to see them again, so jealous.
College isn’t college without good Mexican food:)

21 Rachel October 24, 2011 at 7:55 pm

GIRL, this made me so happy! I’m a huge hanson fan– the pretty kind, not the other kind– and totes LOVE you and your blog. Now Hanson luv has affirmed that we’re obvi supposed to be internet gfs.

22 Jess @JessCantCook October 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm

My sister and I went to see Hanson in concert last year or the year before! We totally geeked out when we realized they were coming to town :)
Jess @JessCantCook recently posted..My Big (Not Pregnant) Announcement!My Profile

23 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life October 24, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I loved Hanson when I was younger and had to clue they were still around. I have to look into their new stuff and relive my childhood!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Weekend RandomnessMy Profile

24 Katie October 24, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Also a Hanson fan in my younger years! They have been to Colorado a few times since I’ve lived here, but I still haven’t made it to a show. Thanks for the photos, how times flies(er…when you are getting old…) :)

25 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com October 25, 2011 at 2:14 am

HANSON….OH MY GOODNESS, I am so jealous…can I come with you next time? Girl, you look gorgeous as always and I am so happy you have had such an amazing weekend!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Another Shoe Giveaway….My Profile

26 Liz @ Something To Chew On October 25, 2011 at 2:59 am

Holy bajeezus I’m so jealous! I heard an interview with them on my satellite radio before that show….aaahhhhhh I wish I was there!!
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..Sleepy MondayMy Profile

27 Marijke October 25, 2011 at 8:09 am

MmmmmBop is totally the theme music to my school years.
Marijke recently posted..Weekend recap [celebrity edition]My Profile

28 Sami October 25, 2011 at 4:17 pm

that’s right…pixie haired chick was definitely bitter and jealous. <3 looks like an amazinggggg homecoming.

glad you enjoyed it ;)

xo.
Sami recently posted..The 700 Club.My Profile

29 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Runh October 25, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I feel like a dirty old woman thinking Isaac is good looking. Though, I was too old to like Hanson back in the day. I was a New Kids girl. I still think a couple of them are hot too.

*This comment will self-destruct*
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Runh recently posted..TidbitsMy Profile

30 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 25, 2011 at 7:36 pm

hahah. fortunately, they’re all older than me… so I’m good.

31 Lauren October 25, 2011 at 6:17 pm

And now I have Mmmbop stuck in my head. It was so uncool to like Hanson when I was in elementary school, but truth be told I totally had their CD. I didn’t and still don’t know which is which though… I just say things like “I like the middle one.” Jealous!
Lauren recently posted..Restaurant Review: Snooze in BoulderMy Profile

32 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie October 27, 2011 at 12:12 am

Zac was always my favorite. I’m not sure when i’ll get over the fact that hes married with kids now.
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Pumpkin LasagnaMy Profile

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 27, 2011 at 12:22 pm

meh, if you saw him in person, you wouldn’t be so impressed.