Breaking News

October 27, 2011 · 36 comments

I don’t have friends in high places. I have friends in the right places.

Yesterday, Dana just so happened to place herself in the perfect eavesdropping position during a Starbucks Corporate Meeting in a Florida Starbies. Well done, Daner. Well done.

What did this fortunate circumstance get us? An inside scoop.

There’s a new sheriff in town, Starbucks lovahs.

(source)

The skinny peppermint mocha. A yummy, slimmed-down sheriff. And he can rule any town of mine.

NEWSFLASH #2:

I will probably never get pregnant. Everything I do is the antithesis of having a bun in the oven.

(source)

And on that note, probably won’t ever dye my hair brown. I just can’t rock it like you, Gina. You = rockstar. My face on your body = gremlin.

I like to eat bleu cheese, sleep on my stomach, eat raw dough/batter, inhale caffeine, eat sushi, bend to pick things up, eat fish and do forward rolls. Oh. And um, drink alcohol.

NEWSFLASH #3:

(source)

Someone else got skinny, too. Jonah Hill is suddenly a stud?

I learned from Ellen (my main news source.. whatever) that he took #2 on Cosmo’s stud-o-meter. He lost to Gerard Butler.

…eh. I’d still prefer Chace.

NEWSFLASH #4:

It was school picture day.

Just in case anyone wants one for their binder. I told Dana I’d even sign the back “bfffffffff” for her.

NEWSFLASH #5:

All training for this Sunday’s Marine Corps Marathon: DONE.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning to get my final two miles in and watched the sun rise as I bopped down the sidewalk. It was glorious. I could have skipped.

Aaand now everyone knows what I look like when I wake up in the morning.

Sidenote: my house was bought as a fixer-upper. Clearly, the bathroom has not been redone yet. Please avert your eyes from the really great paint splotch design by previous owners.

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 27, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Bahaha! Love the superimposed face on Gina. Too funny. And oooohhhh on the Peppermint Skinny.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Something NewMy Profile

2 katie October 27, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I can NOT wait for that hot cup of starbucks loving to come! Its like christmas is coming early for me!

hahaha! Love the Gina pic, she is the cutest pregnant girl ever, your face on that, haha! You are hilarious!

Love ya girl!!
katie recently posted..Strawberry Oatmeal Protein PoppersMy Profile

3 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy October 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm

You are my photoshop soul sista. Except I’m ghetto/cheap and I use Publisher. Oh and you’re better at it. Either way, mixing faces/bodies is fun for days. :)
And good luck with your marathon! You’ll be gaahhreat.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Currently Obsessing Over…My Profile

4 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries October 27, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up to avert my eyes ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..If I Were a GuyMy Profile

5 Karla October 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm

You’re going to killl that marathon alyssa! I’m so excited for you.

You made my day with the news about the skinny pep mocha. Can it please come out now?!
Karla recently posted..A Day in the LifeMy Profile

6 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 27, 2011 at 3:07 pm

ACTUALLY, it’ll be out next week, according to sources.

7 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry October 27, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I LOVE the peppermint mocha!!!! Hands down my fave Starbucks drink. So comforting and holiday-like. This is amazing news.

Also, I bet Jonah Hill won’t be as funny anymore now that he’s all skinny… what’s up with that? How dare he.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Funny Search Terms, Halloween EditionMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 27, 2011 at 3:07 pm

ya know, I had the same thought.

9 Liz @ Something To Chew On October 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Peppermint skinny?! Eeeeeep! That makes me deliriously happy :)
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..The Best Part Of Wednesday…My Profile

10 nicole @ simply nicole October 27, 2011 at 2:59 pm

just came across your blog and i love it. i’m in the tri-state area as well. i’m in bucks county pa!
nicole @ simply nicole recently posted..Mr. Foam RollerMy Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 27, 2011 at 3:10 pm

ah, my best friend Maggie lives there! I’m originally from burlington county, nj :)

12 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts October 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm

o.m.g peppermint mocha is my FAVORITE drink.. really the only one I get regularly at starsmucks :) mmmmmm thanks for that news flash. :)
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Rock & RollMy Profile

13 Linz October 27, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Um, you just made my day with this skinny peppermint mocha situation. Bring on the red cups!!
Linz recently posted..Again?My Profile

14 theAlmostRunner October 27, 2011 at 3:16 pm

OH girl. The skinny. Thank you for your ministry.

YOU ARE DONE WITH MARATHON TRAINING. IN THREE DAYS, YOU WILL ME A MARATHONER. THAT’S THE SHIZZZZZZZ.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..I Apologize in Advance for This MessMy Profile

15 theAlmostRunner October 27, 2011 at 3:16 pm

hahaha. I clearly meant “BE a marathoner.” BE.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..I Apologize in Advance for This MessMy Profile

16 Tiffany October 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

The skinny peppermint mocha news just made my day–hooray!!! Thx for sharing :)
Tiffany recently posted..Lets just remove detailed oriented from my resumeMy Profile

17 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Hahaa a the pregnant picture! I will be all over that skinny peppermint mocha, yum!!
I cannot believe he lost all that weight. Sorry, but he should not have beaten Gerard Butler what nonsense is that!

18 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 27, 2011 at 4:37 pm

If they could only skinny-fy the white mocha… sigh…
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Fondue For A CauseMy Profile

19 Sarah OUaL October 27, 2011 at 5:06 pm

AHHHHHHHHH OMG SERIOUSLY?! I hate Dana (and you) now because all I’m going to be thinking about is the peppermint mocha until the day I can have one in my hands. Get this pumpkin shit out of my face and a skinny pmint mocha in my mouth NOW!

Can’t wait to hear about you dominating the crap out of MCM. I’m living/racing vicariously through you :)
Sarah OUaL recently posted..Excused From Beauty DutyMy Profile

20 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com October 27, 2011 at 5:07 pm

HILARIOUS!! GIrl, you are so close to your first marathon!! Okay, I will give you my school pics if you give me yours:) You are so gorgeous! Ellen is a main source of information for me too!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Things I am allowed to slack off on….My Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 27, 2011 at 5:52 pm

yes. let’s exchange photos. I’ll mail you mine, and I’ll put yours on my work bulletin board (or in a pretty frame on my desk).

22 lindsay October 27, 2011 at 5:33 pm

LOL!! Newsflash, youre gonna rock it this weekend. YOu better fuel up on starbucks ASAP! skinny mocha eqauls PR!
lindsay recently posted..Tum & Tabata: 30 Minute ThursdayMy Profile

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 28, 2011 at 2:15 am

I like the way you think.

24 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness October 27, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Skinny peppermint mocha?! This just made my day!!!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..ComparingMy Profile

25 Molly @ Hungry Hungry Runner October 27, 2011 at 7:22 pm

You just made my winter. Seriously. Skinny peppermint mocha?! I’m embarrassingly excited. And I can’t wait to hear all about the marathon – you’re going to do awesome!
Molly @ Hungry Hungry Runner recently posted..Trilogy of TroubleMy Profile

26 Heather @ girlyeverafter October 27, 2011 at 7:25 pm

HECK YES for the Skinny peppermint mocha! I get it full fat and all, let’s be honest. But now I can have multiples in one day!
Heather @ girlyeverafter recently posted..Girly Things Thursday: Looking Refreshed for FestivitiesMy Profile

27 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Yay for eavesdroppers! I know you’re a coach, but are you a teacher too? I forgot that they still make the adults take school pictures :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..WIAW: First Edition!My Profile

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 28, 2011 at 2:15 am

I’m a staff member… I do communications for the school :)

29 Hollie@lolzthatswim October 27, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Ha I have friends in right places. That is hilarious. I think I laughed for like 10 minutes. You are going to rock the MCM girl!

30 Brittany (healthy slice of life) October 28, 2011 at 2:29 am

You’re going to roooooooock this marathon! And I won’t judge your bathroom if you don’t judge my hall bathroom that is covered in mirrors (previous owners). I mean, bring able to fix your hair while you pee is cool, right?
Brittany (healthy slice of life) recently posted..A Day in the Life…My Profile

31 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 28, 2011 at 3:16 am

I meeaan, I like to multitask.

32 Rach October 28, 2011 at 2:46 am

Pffft… that bathroom paint job is rockin’. ;) I hear ya, though, our house was in pretty bad shape when we bought it and there are still projects we are getting to after owning it a year and a half, haha!
Rach recently posted..Time for some pumpkin!My Profile

33 Marijke October 28, 2011 at 8:59 am

Woahhh I never noticed Jonah Hill’s ears when he was heavier. I’m just sayin’.

You’re going to run a killer marathon this weekend- I can feel it in my bones!
Marijke recently posted..WIAW #06My Profile

34 Crystal Coppel October 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Oh man when I worked at a high school and got my school pictures I always wrote on the back of them and passed them out to people. My mom always put her copy on her desk at work! Man I miss getting those yearly pictures now! :( And I will take one picture please Alyssa. And yes please sign the back! Thanks! :))

35 Sami October 28, 2011 at 4:23 pm

you’re gonna killlli tttt <3
Sami recently posted..Let’s Trade Bars!My Profile

36 Jenn @ Peas and Crayons October 28, 2011 at 7:26 pm

whoooo MC marathon! you’re gonna rock it girl!

and i could so not be preg either for the saaaame reasons. except the belly sleeping! =)
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Chia Sesame SushiMy Profile