Have you guys heard of Crystal Light Pure?
You all know I’ve got a thing for Crystal Light, and Kraft Foods apparently heard, too. They sent me some Crystal Light Pure to try, and with the samples, I was provided with some Better-For-You Tailgating Tips from Crystal Light Pure Spokesperson Molly Kimball, RD.
With football season in full swing and college homecoming just passed this weekend, what better timing for some healthy tailgating tips?
Apparently not. To add some health to your tailgating life (and who can’t use some of that?), Molly Kimball suggests:
1. Take dipping beyond chips and queso by making your favorite creamy dips low cal with plain lowfat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream and mayo. Liven up plain old salsa by adding freshly diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro, or – even better – make your favorite salsa from scratch.
2. Serve dips with whole grain crackers and grilled veggies (think marinated and grilled asparagus, red and yellow peppers, zucchini and squash, and Portobello mushrooms). I’ve found that a grilled veggie platter nearly always goes over better than just plain raw vegetables.
3. Make finger sandwiches better by using whole grain bread, lean meats like turkey, ham, chicken, or roast beef, with thinly-sliced cheese and light mayo. Or roll turkey and veggies into high fiber tortillas, and slice into pinwheels. Quesadillas can be another not-so-guilty indulgence – just stick with whole grain tortillas, lean meats, reduced-fat shredded cheese, and pile on the veggies.
4. Healthy grilling doesn’t mean you’re stuck with just plain chicken. Seasoned, grilled and sliced, pork loin can easily become finger food. No buns or rolls needed. Beef or chicken satay can be lean options. And kebobs are always a hit, made with lean meat or seafood and skewered with veggies like tomatoes, zucchini, onions and mushrooms.
5. And stay refreshed and well-hydrated by sipping on naturally sweetened Crystal Light Pure. It’s sweetened with sugar and Truvia, a natural sweetener derived from the stevia plant, and has no artificial flavors or preservatives. Just tuck a few packets into your purse or pocket and you’re good to go!
The verdict on Crystal Light Pure?
My favorite Crystal Light Pure flavor was the strawberry kiwi. That and the grape flavor are deeelicious. I’m not a fan of the lemon, but I’d certainly buy the other two varieties.
…you know, just in case your main tailgating goal was to be king of the world instead of healthy.
I received a sample of Crystal Light Pure from Kraft Foods. All opinions I’ve provided are based on my own experiences and beliefs.