Thirteen Things Thursday

September 29, 2011 · 55 comments

That’s right. I’m spinning off Cely‘s “Fifteen Things Friday.” Hope you love me for loving you this much, Cely. I’m a great big copycat.

Just go with it, girlfriend.

So, this Thursday, I provide 13 things just for you. Because th- and th- go together.

1. You may have seen the badge on the left side of my blog, but I totally unintentionally kept my whole being a Love Blogger on the DL. Today, I announce it to the world.

Just spreadin’ the love. P.S., their blogger outreach program is so impressive. They sent me a video. I felt like a queen.

Obviously, I’m in good company with the other Love Bloggers.

2. I’m running 22 miles on Saturday. I don’t have any other concrete plans other than that and going out that night, but I assure you I’ll be getting fat somewhere in between.

3. Thank you to Rosh Hashashashashanana and the Jews, I get a four-day weekend. I had off work today, and I’m off work tomorrow for a doctor’s appointment here at my parent’s in North Carolina. Fist pump!

4. I made a new friend last week. Her name is Dori, and she is the niece of my good friend, Bethany. She was disappointed Chloe didn’t come to play, too. In due time, Dori. In due time.

Dori kinda looks like the baby of Koda and Sadie, no? Even though they’re all girls. A mix, if you will. You know what I mean.

5. Still obsessed with this song. Why, yes I do sing it out loud when I run. How did you know?

6. Lululemon opens in Virginia Beach TODAY. You bettah believe I’m gonna be storming the doors as soon as I get back in town on Friday. I’m on a mission for some speed shorts and a pair of those wonder unders.

..Or maybe I just like saying “wunder unders.”

7. This picture.

What’s goin’ on with your fingers, there, champ?

By the way, that’s my mom making me model my gym uniform for my school in England so all my family back in America could make fun of me. I did not choose that outfit.

I did chose that outfit.

8. My fall was made so much brighter, happier, and sparklier with the announcement that we will indeed celebrate Halloween this year. That’s right, Marine Corps Marathon. You will not foil my favorite holiday.

I’ve got costume ideas brewin’…

9. Catawba Homecoming is shaping up to be a great success already. We’ve got big plans (via Pinterest).

10. My trainer sings this song to me every time I walk in the gym. I’m slowly catching on and broke down and narcissistically (not a word.. I’m aware but I’m going with it) downloaded it today.

11. The top of my foot hurts when flex my toes back. Is that bad? Anyone?

12. How ’bout them PHILLIES? ;) Sorry ’bout it, Braves.

13. Brilliance:

To all of my friends – consider yourselves warned.

1 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 29, 2011 at 11:19 am

My stomach does a flip flop every time you tell me you’re running 22 miles on Saturday. I’ll probably be eating waffles again, and thinking of you of course :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Parking and AggressionMy Profile

2 Brittany September 29, 2011 at 11:22 am

THIS is awesome! Cely’s Friday 15 is one of the posts i look forward to each week!
Brittany recently posted..Guest Post: Inching My Way Towards The Finish LineMy Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 3:22 am

mine too.. and her WTF wednesday :)

4 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health September 29, 2011 at 11:43 am

Holy crap, 22 miles…you go girl!! And I saw that damn you auto correct the other day and thought it was awesome :). Congrats on being a love grown blogger!! That is so cool. How do companies know you’re out there?? I need some tips haha
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana MuffinsMy Profile

5 Faith @ For the Health of It September 29, 2011 at 11:46 am

Awww, Dori is adorable! She looks like Haley to a tee!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Lover {Not a Fighter}My Profile

6 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry September 29, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Haha, I loved this. I love Fifteen Things Friday, and I am definitely loving Thirteen Things Thursday. Maybe I will do up a Two Things Tuesday…you know, start off small. haha.
Awwww you were so cute. Look at your little shorts and your pigtails. And your bangs. Hot.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..(Un)horrible BossesMy Profile

7 Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer September 29, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Two things Tuesday. Love it!
Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer recently posted..Biggest Loser WorkoutMy Profile

8 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 3:21 am

those bangs were cut straight for about 7% of my childhood.

9 Sam@Sam Bock Illustration & Design September 29, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Love this for many reasons.

Love Blogger!!! How cool! Dying to try their granola. Dyyyying.
I overdraw my bank account for Lululemon (kinda kidding….KINDa)….but I look darn good at the gym.
My little sister has a picture eerily similar to your finger pic…only she is also wearing a mini clown suit….yeah.
YES YES YES Phils!!!
And laughed out loud at the HP contacts. Clever little scheme.
Sam@Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Give Me Everything TonightMy Profile

10 Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer September 29, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I’ve never tried the whole Pintrest thing, but I’ve better get started. HoneyCrisp Apple Sangria? Hell yeah! And is that a cinnamon sugar rim? Mmmm…. Sugared rim….
Emmarie @ Bananas And Beer recently posted..Biggest Loser WorkoutMy Profile

11 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts September 29, 2011 at 2:08 pm

love it!

I saw that iphone text earlier in the week.. you are a bit behind.. ha jk, its still hilarious.

I love and hate pintrest for giving me a million ideas I will never follow through on, but I love looking at them…. obsessed!
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Quinoa TabboulehMy Profile

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 3:20 am

hahaha. I actually pinned it a few weeks ago… I just waited a while to blog about it! :)

13 Suzanne September 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Dude, my biggest regret of the Marine Corps Marathon last year was not getting to celebrate Halloween. I passed out as soon as I got home (although I was so lazy I was just going to draw cat whiskers on my face with eyeliner and call it a day anyways…) and by the time I woke up I was way too drowsy to go out. It only comes once a year- d0n’t let the marathon take it away from you!
Suzanne recently posted..Post-Triathlon Workout PlanMy Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 3:19 am

yes! I was devastated when I realized I was missing out. fortunately, there will me a million halloweens from now.. only one (or a few) marathons. :) we’re just gonna celebrate with a party that next weekend!

15 Liz @ Something To Chew On September 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm

22 miles?! Yowza girl. Kudos.

The top of my foot does that too!! I really really really need new workout shoes. That’s gotta be the reason.
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..Cool KidsMy Profile

16 theAlmostRunner September 29, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Love that Ariel outfit. I had a similar thang goin’ on with Belle. And lots of stretchy pants.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..Pizza PartyMy Profile

17 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 3:18 am

so many leggings.

18 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry September 30, 2011 at 2:42 pm

STIRRUP PANTS!

19 Linz September 29, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Oh girl, I am so jealous of that Ariel sweater.

20 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite September 29, 2011 at 3:58 pm

oh my god, that Harry Potter change up is genius!! Too funny!
Rachel @ The Avid Appetite recently posted..Create a Dexter Theme PartyMy Profile

21 Allison @ PickyEatingRD September 29, 2011 at 5:14 pm

OMG OMG OMG that sweater.. Ariel —- I loved her and had tons of tshirts with her on it. I love it!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..5 Random FNCE RamblingsMy Profile

22 julie September 29, 2011 at 5:31 pm

great! so when you come to ny to play with me you’ll being me some free love grown? no? haha we can offer men love grown and love
julie recently posted..single lady secretsMy Profile

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 29, 2011 at 8:33 pm

yes. done and done. doin’ it.

24 Danielle September 29, 2011 at 5:38 pm

hahaha that harry potter thing is ingenious! GOod luck on the 22!!!
Danielle recently posted..What I Love WednesdayMy Profile

25 Erin Kidd September 29, 2011 at 5:39 pm

umm honeycrisp apple sangria? That sounds Amazing!!

26 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life September 29, 2011 at 5:55 pm

My mom loved taking embarrassing pictures of me in my various school uniforms. I plan on doing the same to my son as revenge. :)

I’m adding you on Pinterest. You have some very good looking things going on there!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..What I Did on my Day OffMy Profile

27 Melissa September 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Super cute. I’m stumped for Halloween this year. Perhaps Jane Fonda?
Melissa recently posted..Cold and Flu fighting seasonMy Profile

28 Nicole September 29, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I had a pain in the top of my foot when marathon training. Is there a bump at all? It might be this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganglion_cyst. I think I got it from tying my shoes too tight, so I switched up my laces (and tried to hit the bump with a pan, as suggested, but missed, do not recommend). So, um, clearly I have just been looking for an outlet to talk about this, and maybe that’s not what you have, haha
Nicole recently posted..For My GrandmotherMy Profile

29 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 29, 2011 at 8:32 pm

hahaha oh. my. gosh. I don’t think that’s what I have! it’s just a dull ache.. weird, right? your poor foot!

30 Karla September 29, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I love the randomness! I saw that phOWNED thing on Pinterest and laughed so hard. And you better believe I repinned that apple sangria too. So fally and DELICIOUS sounding. =) Good luck with the 22-miler, you’re going to kill it.
Karla recently posted..Monday BluesMy Profile

31 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons September 29, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Good company indeed =) eee! yay us! and omgggg sign me up for several glasses of sangria please and thank you!!!!!
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Happy National Coffee Day from P&C + So Delicious! [Giveaway Time!]My Profile

32 Lauren September 30, 2011 at 12:43 am

I actually laughed out loud at that picture of you as a kid. So great. Save me some sangria will you? Good luck on your 22 :)
Lauren recently posted..WIAW: At the ZooMy Profile

33 Caroline @ Out of Liney September 30, 2011 at 1:38 am

Just found your blog- love it! Good luck with the 22 miler- I miss those!
Caroline @ Out of Liney recently posted..Virtues: patience and packed lunchesMy Profile

34 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 1:45 am

thank you, Caroline! :)

35 Lizzie September 30, 2011 at 2:41 am

hahaha love the smart phone picture!
Lizzie recently posted..Blogroll!My Profile

36 Alyssa September 30, 2011 at 3:22 am

omg I had the same outfit…only thing better were the leggings with the little stir-ups to keep them tucked into your keds.

and my mom always calls me “Miss Alyssa” so I thought that song was basically made for me when I first heard it!

37 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 3:24 am

I LOVED the leggings with the stirrups. for my keds. and yeeaaaaah, alyssa power!

38 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 30, 2011 at 11:39 am

Hello there fellow Love blogger. I should be up there with you shortly after I finally add the badge and get my photo to them. Someone is a procrastinator. ;)

And that is TOO funny with the phone contacts. Makes me want to do it to someone too.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..“Must-Dos” Or “To-Dos”My Profile

39 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 30, 2011 at 3:03 pm

WOOHOO! so much (love grown) love around here. :)

40 Sami September 30, 2011 at 4:53 pm

yay for pinterest! i’m an addict, too. i’ll have to start following you! (: oh, and how’d you get to be a love grown blogger?! i’ve wanted to try their stuff since the moment i saw it.

xo
Sami recently posted..There’s A Dr. In The KitchenMy Profile

41 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 2, 2011 at 11:09 pm

they contacted me a few months ago!

42 Angela @ MyPinkyToes September 30, 2011 at 6:18 pm

You are too funny! I’m so glad that I have found your blog! Congrat on becoming a Love Blogger and good luck on your 22 miles!!! Be sure to celebrate hard afterwards! :)
Angela @ MyPinkyToes recently posted..“It’s How You Take That Middle Ground and Run With It”My Profile

43 Lindsay September 30, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Love this post. You are so hilarious. Yay for being a love blogger that is awesome. I loved that iPhone text message. Sad thing is I have HP characters as contacts in my phone book. Hahaha. And no, it didn’t happen at a party, my friends and I are just nerds.
Lindsay recently posted..Going stag (WIAW 1)My Profile

44 Crystal Coppel September 30, 2011 at 9:23 pm

You crack me up! You blog posts always crack me up. I love it! You are just too funny! Ok so I have read it before that you used to live in England. I am just sooo curious…..why did you live in England and how long were you there for? Please tell me cause I gotta know!!! :)

45 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie October 1, 2011 at 1:25 am

Woo…22 miles. Get it girl!!

Loved these…and Ariel is my favorite disney princess so i enjoy your outfit. maybe i should wear it during my 1/2 marathon?
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Think PinkMy Profile

46 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 2, 2011 at 11:08 pm

mine too!

47 Jenn's Adventures October 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm

#5 – LOVE that song, too!! Chris Brown is so HOT, too bad he beats women.

Love this — have a great weekend:)

48 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 2, 2011 at 11:08 pm

if you like chris brown.. just wait till you hear my news. ;)

49 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats October 1, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Haha, your posts never fail to crack me up! Way to go , 22 miles!! I droooooll over Lululemon’s clothes. They’re so cute but I’d probably have to live on the streets for a month if I bought something from there.
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Last Weekend Run Before THE RunMy Profile

50 Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn October 2, 2011 at 12:20 am

Hahaha I love the Dumbledore thing! That really made me giggle :-)
Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn recently posted..Under The WeatherMy Profile

51 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 2, 2011 at 1:49 am

Haha i love the HP thing…smartowned is amazing. Hope your 22 miles went ok!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Friday FivesMy Profile

52 lindsay October 2, 2011 at 3:48 pm

okay so I am assuming by now you’ve run your 22 miles, shopped at lulu, and devoured some good food. Am i right? Hope so! happy Sunday!
lindsay recently posted..Reasons to CelebrateMy Profile

53 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 2, 2011 at 11:08 pm

yes, yes, and too too too much. ;)

54 Angela October 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I am pretty positive I had that Little Mermaid out fit too as a kid!! :-D

55 Amanda @ the beauty notebooks October 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I love vizslas! I’ve grown up with them. My family has a six year old vizsla named Buddy, but he acts like a puppy :) Congrats on becoming a Love Grown Blogger!