Lululemon Lust & A New Playlist

September 2, 2011 · 53 comments

Look who is celebrating Friday by finally figured out how to (almost) successfully enhance her (now natural?) waves with her straightener.

Alright, it’s not awesome, but I was running out of time. Is it bad I don’t put much effort into my working look?

Speaking of running out of time, I need to establish a command for Chloe that means “Hurry the crap up. Mom’s late.” It always seems to be the times I’m in a big hurry she thinks it’s cool to dawdle around the backyard instead of pottying.

I’m sure my neighbors enjoy my frantic “NO. GO POOPIES.” squeals at 7 a.m.

You’ll be able to find my hydrating all day in preparation for my 20 miler tomorrow. Anastasia is coming to town (YAAAAAAAY!), and we’re psyched to tackle our new PDR together.

And I already need new running shoes. I calculated the miles I’ve run, and I’m about to break 500. I wish I was ballsy enough to try the New Balance Minimus, but I think I need to stick with what I’m used to for the second half of marathon training (YES.. we’re halfway there!).

I’m praying to the Gods of Asics I can find some cuter ones than my current pair I hate.

In honor of the long run I’ll be doing tomorrow, I’m leaving you with one of my most favorite new playlists I’ve had in a while. Enjoy (and go download the new Matt Nathanson album… this is his best one yet, and I’m completely obsessed).

I’ve got homeboy Gavin’s new album on preorder, too. I’m psyched.

After work today, Jamie and I will be skipping off to the gym for a Lululemon trunk show. Somebody better clothesline me at the door, ’cause I have a feeling I may go all banana sandwich with the fantastic workout gear.

Dear Dad, consider yourself warned. Mom, if someone calls you blubbering incoherently about “no more funds” and “really cute running leggings” or “Jamie made me do it,” it may or may not be your youngest daughter.

This is me with Lululemon gear.

This is me without Lulumeon gear.

See? I’m bald save for some blonde bangs and strange brown whispies. That’s how tragic life would be without some great new workout gear.

1 Ali @ Ali Runs September 2, 2011 at 3:13 pm

My new favorite running song is Beyonce: Love on Top! It’s so catchy and has a great beat.

I visit the Lulu website way too much! Unfortunately being in grad school = cheap workout clothes. I do have one lulu top that I LOVE!! As soon as I get a real job, I will be purchasing more. Until then I’ll just lust after them. 🙂
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Fresh Legs, Awesome Run!My Profile

2 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee September 2, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Yay I’m going too! So I can finally stalk, I mean meet you in person!! 🙂
I love lulu clothes. I’m slightly concerned for my wallet. I cant wait until they open the store!

3 katie September 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Lululemon is MY love! I spend way too much there but I wear their stuff SO much, so its worth it!

Happy Holiday Weekend! xoxo <3
katie recently posted..Morning { 5 } Friday StartMy Profile

4 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 2, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Gahh good luck on your TWENTY MILE run tomorrow, you crazy lady! 🙂 You’ll be proud of me – this morning I went to get on the treadmill and after a mile it sucked and a wanted to off myself. So I went home, ate breakfast and went back two hours later to try again! Three miles in under 30 minutes 🙂
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..They Thought I was Being HealthyMy Profile

5 Sarah OUaL September 2, 2011 at 4:16 pm

lolololololol banana sandwich
Sarah OUaL recently posted..FINALLY!!!My Profile

6 Dorsa @ Mixed Tape September 2, 2011 at 4:17 pm

whoa.. def good luck on your 20 miler. I can’t even begin to fathom how long that would take me to run… I say about 2-3 months…..

Have a great weekend!
Dorsa @ Mixed Tape recently posted..Vancouver Part 3My Profile

7 Emma September 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Gavin’s got a new album? Gimme gimme!

Love the hair 🙂
Emma recently posted..Oh hey, September!My Profile

8 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com September 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm

All I have to say is you look absolutely gorgeous. I want your hair and now I want to go to Lulu.
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..A year from now……..My Profile

9 Jamie@cupcakedynamite September 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm

YAYYY LULU TRUNK SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might show up in my dress and just do the show and not workout… HHAHAHHAHA. I feel like I need a couple days off I am burnt out son!
Jamie@cupcakedynamite recently posted..BFF: our differencesMy Profile

10 Karla September 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I want some Lululemon stuff so bad… I just can’t get myself to spend the money! That playlist looks awesome–GO GET IT ON YOUR 20 MILER! you amaze me =)
Karla recently posted..Change is In the Air (part 1)My Profile

11 Allison @ PickyEatingRD September 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Such a tragedy to be bald in ugly work out gear. I am lusting over all things lululemon right now. I am also awaiting the day my paycheck grows 10fold so I can afford to buy it all!!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Pseudo ItalianMy Profile

12 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 2, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Haha love those pics at the end :). Your hair looks super cute! And I am obsessed with the new Matt Nathanson CD!! I’ve had it since it came out and I’m not anywhere near getting sick of it
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Introducing CJ!My Profile

13 mego @watchmegorun September 2, 2011 at 6:54 pm

1. You NEED to get a pair of minimus as soon as possible (even if u have to wait until after the marathon). They will change your life.

2. I’m obsessed with Matt nathansons new cd too. I listen to it over and over and over again

3. Gahh lululemon trunk show? Id die!

Happy weekend- good luck w 20 miles!
mego @watchmegorun recently posted..hood to coast part 2 – all the nitty gritty detailsMy Profile

14 Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City September 2, 2011 at 7:23 pm

i LOVE lululemon. I wish i could afford it all. My favorite pants that I got there are about 2 years old. I got them in Canada while I was in school and they have done me proud to this very day. great stuff 🙂
Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City recently posted..Just Beet ItMy Profile

15 Brittany M. September 2, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I have the same ugly Asics, and they are so ugly it makes me sad to wear them! Hopefully they have some ballin’ new colors for fall/winter

16 Katie September 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm

..at least your still skinny without lululemon! -silver liningsss

17 qwerty September 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Lululemon! – I own a few shares of their stock! I love them

18 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) September 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm

BAHAHA i love you way too much- the photoshop skills? TOP NOTCH
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The last.. promiseMy Profile

19 Kace September 2, 2011 at 11:43 pm

YES, I just posted about how I need new music. Thanks for a playlist!
Kace recently posted..NAQs #1My Profile

20 Sam September 3, 2011 at 12:21 am

Jeallloous of this lululemon sale you speak of. I love the photos as always!
My family always just taught my dog “hurry up” means “effing pee already!!!!!”. I would also try tactics such as opening the door, calling her, and when she won’t come in, closing it and hiding so she thinks I’m ignoring her 😛 oh dear, what dogs do to us!
Sam recently posted..So special!My Profile

21 Lizzie September 3, 2011 at 2:24 am

omg i love pumped up kicks!!!! but listen to the lyrics–they are quite strange lol 🙂
Lizzie recently posted..first day of highschool!!!!!!!My Profile

22 julie September 3, 2011 at 3:14 am

NEW matt nath!? must go find that on my illegal download asap haha. i hope limewire didn’t nix those songs because i was obsesssssed with all of his last tracks.

2.0. miles? girl KILL that.

23 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 3, 2011 at 4:48 am

Lulu trunk show!?!? so so jealous!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Dear BodyMy Profile

24 Claire @ let's go on a living spree September 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Good luck on the 20 miler!!! Once you hit that distance all other distances just seem so damn short…which is probably why I don’t get any satisfaction at all by running half marathons anymore. Once you do the marathon, you’re addicted!
Claire @ let’s go on a living spree recently posted..Practicing Good Running Form–Not just for newbies!My Profile

25 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 3, 2011 at 6:39 pm

*Sigh*…Lululemon has so many cute things…but their stuff is waayy out of my recent college grad budget.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..No ExcusesMy Profile

26 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn September 4, 2011 at 1:18 am

I’m obbseeeessssed with It Girl. Seriously. Slash I am sooo out of the blog loop love da hair!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..I love college.My Profile

27 Lauren September 4, 2011 at 2:33 am

LOL Great post!! I was cracking up the whole way through…and your site looks so cute!! Love the new layout )

Just bought Cobra Starship’s new album today and it is amazingggg!!! Tons of great workout tunes!!

28 lindsay September 4, 2011 at 2:19 pm

just have to say that I LOVE THE HEADER! go jenny! and of course I am obsessed with lulu, my bank account is not.
lindsay recently posted..Weekend EntertainmentMy Profile

29 Amanda @ the beauty notebooks September 4, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Your playlist is an awesome mix! I looove Matt Nathanson. ‘nuf said 😉

p.s. your new blog look is great!

30 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 4, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I just went to “Lululemon” for the first time yesterday, and I was so overwhelmed! I went in to the store planning to buy some things, but I didn’t even know where to start! I think next time, I need to take a “Lululemon pro” with me! 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A Truly Inspiring Guest Post from BrittanyMy Profile

31 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite September 5, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I love your new site look! I have similar heels as the one in your header but they are a purpley color 🙂 Obsessed with Pumped Up Kicks.
Rachel @ The Avid Appetite recently posted..Free SodaMy Profile

32 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I have ’em too.. without the platform. AND I have sparkly flats. it might be a sickness. 😉

33 Alaina Johnson September 5, 2011 at 5:36 pm

i am not quite sure what i love more: the pictures with your face pasted in or your new layout. FUN Fact: i actually own the heels on the right 🙂

see we were meant to be friends.
Alaina Johnson recently posted..First Weekend GreatnessMy Profile

34 theAlmostRunner September 5, 2011 at 6:32 pm

WHO. did your new header and layout? i love it! so so cute!

35 katie September 5, 2011 at 7:27 pm

WHOA you are gorgeous and LOVE YOUR HAIR! and that playlist! hope u had an amazing weekend love!!
katie recently posted..Football Season is HERE!!!My Profile

36 Alexa @ Simple Eats September 5, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I love lululemon! I just wish it wasn’t $21400 for a top and leggings! Hope you get some cute stuff!

37 Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time September 6, 2011 at 5:19 am

Love the new Matt Nathanson album as well! I keep dropping hints to The Boyfriend that I would LOVE to see him play ha ha ha. You’re gorgeous, btw!
Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time recently posted..Do You Believe in Magic?My Profile