I Want To Trip You…

September 8, 2011 · 41 comments

…Fall.

Autumn.

Whatever you like to be called. I don’t care.

I always have and always will be a summer girl.

I love the beach, I love water sports, I love the long days of sunshine, I love watching baseball while eating an inordinate amount of peanuts and chucking them on the ground, and I love living in bikinis and sparkly flip flops.

Needless to say, when fall rolls around and summer ends, I slip into a little baby depression.

You suck, Fall. You suck. <— Don’t click that link if you’re adverse to movie clips with profanity. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, Mom.

I’m sorry for all you romantics who love golden leaves and scarves and football. I like the scarves and all, but I’d just prefer barbeques and baseball. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BUT, my mama has always taught me to embrace the good things in every negative situation. So, let’s highlight the things that make fall suck less, shall we?

’tis the season for dark nail polish again.

I got that beaut for a pretty penny at Sephora with my highly anticipated gold crackle… aaand I’m in love.

PUMPKIN SPICE FRAPPS FOR THE WORLD!

Duh. Everyone knew that one was coming.

October WineFest. Fo yo mouf.

Seriously. Anyone who knows me would venture a guess that any event with the words “wine” and “fest” put together makes me do heel clicks.

OCTOBER CATAWBA HOMECOMING!

Dancey time with less sweat.

Cute jackets…

and hot boots…

…come back outta the closet.

(See those? I finally found my perfect boots. It only took me 2 years. And I’m never taking them off. Ever.)

(…It’ll make the marathon interesting, right?)

No longer needing to get up at the crack of dawn to run to beat the heat.

FIST PUMP.

OH! And the MARINE CORPS MARATHON on October 30 with my running twin. ๐Ÿ˜€

And that whole getting a social life back, having a normal appetite, and being able to do squats again.

Okay, fall. You suck a little less.

1 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn September 8, 2011 at 6:23 am

Long story short, I will 1000% come visit again for the sole purpose of going to that winefest. I’ve discovered my fave. Guess what it is.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Happy Hour for Sickies.My Profile

2 Marijke September 8, 2011 at 9:02 am

This just made me a little less sad for the end of summer!
I’m only training for a half marathon and a 10-miler in October but I totally feel you about regaining a social life and a normal appetite… Bring. It. On.
Marijke recently posted..Totally training TuesdayMy Profile

3 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 8, 2011 at 10:25 am

I’m a summer girl too. I’m going to miss my shorts and tank tops and sundresses..and flip flops. And the sun. But life must go on… ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A Day of FirstsMy Profile

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 8, 2011 at 11:11 am

Fall is a close second to my first love, summer. I love everything about it – the leaves that change colors, the apples, the squash, the smell of burning leaves – ah, i’m getting so excited just THINKING about it!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the teaching geneMy Profile

5 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) September 8, 2011 at 11:47 am

I love love love those boots. I wish I could be back in VA and have VA fall. I swear we skip it completely in Potsdam and go straight to winter.
Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) recently posted..Fours A ScoreMy Profile

6 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry September 8, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I’m with you!!! I am a summer girl through and through and I too feel a little down in the fall. I want it to be summer foreverrrrr. Fine, fall and spring can have a week or two. Winter gets Christmas day and that’s it.
But serious hooray for dancey time with less sweat though, that is a plus! And I do love those pumpkin lattes! And boots!
Annnd now you have me pumped for fall…
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..A Little Boot Camp Recap (Sans Hair Tie)My Profile

7 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run September 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm

YES! I cannot wait for my social life to come back! Mine comes back a week after yours. There’s gonna be so much beer, I’m not going to know what to do with myself.
Oh, and I by the way. I just started reading your blog recently. ๐Ÿ™‚
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..There Will Be RunningMy Profile

8 Alexa September 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm

OPI linkin park after dark…give it a try, it’ll change your life!
Alexa recently posted..It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Fall!My Profile

9 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 8, 2011 at 12:50 pm

๐Ÿ™‚
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Even With the Best IntentionsMy Profile

10 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Whaaat?! Fall is my FAVORITE! I like summer and all, but fall is just perfect. Too bad it only last for about 3 minutes in VA. I think we go straight into winter. And I’m going to a wine fest next weekendddd! Yes, fall is good ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy September 8, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I love fall, everything about it makes me happy. We got married last fall right when the leaves started turning, it was kind of amazing. Obviously…
๐Ÿ™‚
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Oh By The WayMy Profile

12 Jamie@cupcakedynamite September 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I LOVE THIS you know it will be 80 degrees here until november anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰ and now we can actually hit the beach by my house since the tourists will be GONE!
Jamie@cupcakedynamite recently posted..dear weekend,My Profile

13 Faith @ For the Health of It September 8, 2011 at 1:25 pm

GORGEOUS nail polish! I actually looove fall, so these are just added bonuses to the cashmere, the boots, the football and all of the other amazingness that comes along with it.
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Chocolate Fig SmoothieMy Profile

14 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite September 8, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I also hate saying bye to summer, but I do love the Fall – especially the clothes! I love boots and big sweaters and scarves. And sign me up for a pumpkin spice anything, anytime ๐Ÿ™‚
Rachel @ The Avid Appetite recently posted..Where I Was 9 Years + 362 Days AgoMy Profile

15 Lindsey September 8, 2011 at 1:46 pm

LOVE the boots! Nothing says fall like a great pair of boots.
Lindsey recently posted..Dysfunctional SarahMy Profile

16 Hannah September 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

ah love those boots! where did you get them!? I really want some new ones.
Last year I found some great black ones but i need some new brown flat boots, and heels as well! really i need all kinds of boots! ๐Ÿ™‚
summer is awesome- no school, beach, sun, ice cream, summer fruit, flip flops, fun summer dresses
fall is also ok, with changing colors, pumpkins, cooler weather, sweaters, the fall smell, soups, cuddling on cold days, apple cider ๐Ÿ™‚
Hannah recently posted..Team Philly Race TeamMy Profile

17 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts September 8, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Um.. fall is the best ๐Ÿ™‚ I do love summer, but I looooove boots ๐Ÿ™‚ and yours are super cute.. I need new ones I think…
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Guess what I found?!!!!My Profile

18 Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com September 8, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I love summer! Guess it’s good I live in Texas huh? It’s summer from about April til November. Even though I love summer, I also love jackets, sweaters and boots. I would still rather be burning hot then even mildly cold…
Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com recently posted..morning runner i am & racesMy Profile

19 sara @ the foodie diaries September 8, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Giiiiiirl I’m OBSESSED with the new header! I love it!! It’s so so YOU! As much as I love summer, I love the beginning of fall because it means the leaves change, you get to go back to school (well, sadly, not this year for me ๐Ÿ™ ), and most importantly = FOOTBALL STARTS!! done&done. Fall you have won me over! ๐Ÿ™‚
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..Through the Years: Freshman FundamentalsMy Profile

20 Kace September 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Im a summer kid at heart, too….but i’m ready for a change. Welcome back leather jacket, high boots, hearty meals, crisp, cool air, pumpkin everything, football, and, of course, playoff baseball. You forget that for us phans baseball lasts till november : )
Kace recently posted..Excuse My Droolโ€ฆ.My Profile

21 Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run September 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I love fall for the crisp weather…less humidity, cooler temps…easier running environment! (This girl needs that!) I also love fall fashion, boots, dark nail polish…and spicy candles! Yaaahhheeeeesssss! But see, I can see why you love the summer…you rock the beachiness of summer! You look phenom in bikinis, you have glowing skin, a great bubbly personality. It only makes sense. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run recently posted..a long, slow, beautiful dance.My Profile

22 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I love summer as well…but I also love fall! They are my two favorite seasons. Winter can suck it :). Um, and I wanna go to a winefest!!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Walk it OutMy Profile

23 Erin Kidd September 8, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I can’t wait to see you at Catawba Homecoming! I am so pumped ๐Ÿ™‚
Erin Kidd recently posted..It’s That Time AgainMy Profile

24 Lauren September 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm

As much as I love love love summer, I think I like fall fashion much better. Jackets, scarves, boots and all ๐Ÿ™‚ Pumpkin Spice Latte!!! Had my first of many yesterday. Not having to wake up before the crack of dawn to run before it gets too hot is pretty amazing as well.
Lauren recently posted..WIA(with my uncle)WMy Profile

25 Holly September 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm

LOVE that nail polish!
Not gonna lie, I kind of love fall. Like love love. But it’s probably because I live in Florida & my fall is pretty much like everyone else’s summer- haha! ๐Ÿ™‚
The best part is FOOTBALL..for sure. And all things pumpkin. Esp pumpkin bread. Ahh!
Holly recently posted..Need Some New Workouts?My Profile

26 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 8, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I’m with you girl. After living in Florida for almost 10 years, I got a little used to the warm weather. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Now that I’ve been back up north for just over a year, this is my second “fall” in quite some time. And although I love the football and pumpkin spice lattes, I’m still going to miss summer!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A childhood questionnaire.My Profile

27 Aria September 8, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I’m running the Marine Core 10k!! My fiancรฉ ran the MCM last year and said it was awesome! Best of luck to you ๐Ÿ™‚

28 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 8, 2011 at 11:55 pm

so exciting! maybe we’ll see each other! ๐Ÿ˜‰

29 Rach September 9, 2011 at 12:04 am

Oh. My. Goodness.

First of all, I absolutely LOVE your new design. The header is fabulous and your new profile pic is gorgeous (but duh, you are always gorgeous so no surprise there). Seriously, I love how light and fun and perfect it all is. Absolutely lovely.

Also, I know that we were meant to be friends forever and ever after reading this post. I am SO with you on everything you wrote. When I left for work earlier this week and it was freaking 60 degrees I just about flipped out. I am missing my summer so much already and it’s still warm here most days, haha! Anyway, I totally am with you on this whole missing summer thing. But you’re right there are lots of good things about the Fall too. I do enjoy this time of year, I just love the summer so much more. Really the worst are those horrible January-March months that just really have no redeeming factor… but hey, we have Christmas to tide us over until the Spring, right? Haha!

Okay, I’m done writing a book in your comments. Just love how alike we are. ๐Ÿ˜€
Rach recently posted..A story about a chicken biscuitโ€ฆMy Profile

30 julie September 9, 2011 at 12:47 am

i want to make love to fall. i do love summer a LOT but i also love football & fall clothing way much better ๐Ÿ˜‰
julie recently posted..time spentMy Profile

31 Tracy @ Tracy's Treats September 9, 2011 at 4:18 am

I am so so excited for Fall! I can’t wait for the cooler weather so I can run at all times of the day! I’m also looking forward to scarves, boots, and pumpkin-flavored everything!….And I’m also running a half marathon in November!! ๐Ÿ™‚
Tracy @ Tracy’s Treats recently posted..Haircut Trumps RunMy Profile

32 Lizzie September 9, 2011 at 2:43 pm

im uber pumped for fall–favorite season of the year hollaaa!

33 Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} September 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Fall puts my body in store-all-your-fat hibernation mode. Boo.
I do like scarves.
And pumpkin flavored shit.
That’s it ๐Ÿ™‚
Oh wait, and dark nail polish!! Here’s to summer all year! I need to move to Texas- Minus all the Texans there. I’m feeling your mini depression.
Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} recently posted..Blueberry SurpriseMy Profile

34 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun September 10, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Summer used to be my fave season when I was a teacher or in school…now I’m a fall girl all the way. I love the perfect temps of weather, football, pumpkin, the traditions.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Argh, Matey!My Profile

35 katie September 10, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Pumpkin, Boots, and Pretty Dark Nails!!!

LOVE! Fall is here! xoxo <3