I Blame…

September 26, 2011 · 27 comments

…JT and his freak appearances at my gym for my excitement whenever an old N*SYNC song pops on my shuffled iPod songs. Yeah. I’m still hung up on that.

SPEAKING of shuffled iTouch songs… can anybody be my iTouch whisperer and tell me why I can’t get my songs off repeat? The little arrows that generally pop up under the song title to turn shuffle and repeat on/off have disappeared, and I can’t get them back. I’ve tried tapping in the middle of the screen.

If I have to complete my 22 mile run this weekend with one song on repeat, I might end it all before I can even compete in the marathon.

…Janae for teaching me it’s okay to eat an entire bag of sour patch kids pre-run. And then a whole box of dark chocolate Raisinettes on Friday night. And 160 cookies on Sunday.d

Monkey see, monkey do. Thanks a lot for the life lessons, Janae.

…Zensah for my new obsession with their racerback tank.

When Zensah sent me their racerback tank for my running, I was pumped. The tank is really light, it wicks away sweat, and it dries very quickly.

No more running around in heavy sweat-soaked clothes for long runs with this baby, and it’s long enough to cover my 1,000 mile-long torso (for which I can blame my father). My only complaint would be that it rides up my hips a tiny bit when I run.

Jamie saw me wearing it to the gym to lift a few weeks ago, and she told me I looked “super cute.” ;)

My final verdict? The Zensah racerback tank is perfect for a nice, sweaty lifting sesh. ;)

And it goes perfectly with my BIC band, right? By the way, I now have 6 of those. Oopsies.

…HungryGirl for telling me that such a thing exists as GREEK FROYO.

What the WHAT?

I need to hit my closest Farm Fresh ASAP to see if they’ve got it. And then I need to raid the candy aisle, ’cause froyo is only as good as the toppings you daintily sprinkle smother it with. I’d say I learned that one from Janae, too, but I’ve been rockin’ the mountain of toppings all mah life.

…Alicia for being such a fantastic photographer and capturing hilarious moments such as these from Lisa-Marie’s wedding:

I’m changing my name to Lebron.

Does this take anyone back to that time when I boxed out granny at my cousin’s wedding?

Practicing my skills has paid off. I finally got it this time!

The proud Maid of Honor and Best Man after catching the garter and bouquet. How cool is that? I was clearly obnoxiously excited over it.

And I like to overshare pictures, so unless you guys request them, I won’t post yet another slew of pictures from the wedding… unless you tell me to. Then, I will. ;)

…Julie for making my belly completely stuffed ALL DAY on Saturday with her Banana Bread Protein Pancakes recipe. Momma and pops were in town on Saturday morning, and the hearty pancakes got four big thumbs up.

I had all these ingredients (steel cut oats, bananas, cottage cheese, egg, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice), so these were easy-peasy.

Since I don’t have an immersion blender, I adapted Julie’s recipe by adding about 1/2 cup milk. I also poured in a little vanilla extract for extra flavor.

And man, were they were DENSE.

I also blame Lisa-Marie‘s dancing-while-photographing aim for most of my pictures from the weekend ending up such as this:

And it appears that Heidi Jo and I are siamese twinkies. We share big one-shouldered black tops… it’s normal. I’m not sure who to blame this one on.

And finally, I blame Michaels and my glitter obsession for my new fall-themed glittery flourishes around my house.

It’s officially Fall. Just a few more days closer to the marathon, and with that, a few days closer to Wine Fest. I’m not sure which I’m more excited for. ;)

Speaking of Wine Fest, I’m having trouble deciding what to put on a wine glass for myself. Any suggestions? I’m thinking since I’ve already made my birdie glass, I need something with a pretty baller saying/quote/phrase on it.

1 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers September 26, 2011 at 3:14 pm

woo! so glad the pancakes were a hit! and i have that same BIC band… the obsession is totally normal. they’re amazing!
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Diner BreakfastMy Profile

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 26, 2011 at 3:43 pm

seriously! is it just me, or are the BICs fantastic for hair breakage? the middle schoolers I coach adore the sparkles. ;)

3 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts September 26, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I need to jump on the BIC band business… I don’t really know where to get them tho..? online? I guess I could stop being lazy and google it.

Is the wine fest in northern Va or down by your neck of the woods?
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..A Housewarming and Sunny’s 30th birthday PartyMy Profile

4 Mandi September 26, 2011 at 11:34 pm

You can find them on Etsy. Just search for BIC bands and you should be able to find them.

5 Tinkerbelle (@Lillyheart999) September 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm

i wish JT would pop up at my gym, even if it made me break into renditions of old Nsync classics :)

6 Jamie@cupcakedynamite September 26, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Why not put 26.2 ??? :D And you DO look super cute in that tank, I kind of want one. I’m only sittin on babes tues&thurs this week….. vbff????
Jamie@cupcakedynamite recently posted..loving latelyMy Profile

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 26, 2011 at 4:15 pm

YES! my life is so much happier when you dont sit on babes all week long. come join me with some treadmill love post-work today, please? I’ve got 8 to pound out.

8 Christine September 26, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Try resetting your ipod. Plug it into your computer and then reset the settings. My ipod would randomly shuffle my playlists and that fixed it.

Have you ever watched Cougar Town? First of all, it’s the funniest show ever, and all the characters on the show are winos (like myself). You should make a new wine glass and write “pounding grape” on it. It’s what the cul-de-sac crew on the show call their daily wine drinking habit. Super funny!

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss October 5, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I still need to watch this. I loove Courtney Cox, so I’m sure I’d be a big fan!

10 mego @watchmegorun September 26, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Gahhh why did u have to tell me abt that Greek froyo? I need it NOW!
mego @watchmegorun recently posted..i may have just a few obsessions…My Profile

11 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life September 26, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I’m heading over to Michael’s on Wednesday and I can’t wait to check out their fall decorations!

Winefest sounds like a magical place. Like a fairy tale land for adults.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Cosmically Good WeekendMy Profile

12 theAlmostRunner September 26, 2011 at 4:46 pm

you did not just take a picture of justin timberlake at your local gym. what’d you do, just ASK him? haha
theAlmostRunner recently posted..You’re Allowed As Many as You NeedMy Profile

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm

haaha. my trainer took it. RIGHT behind me.

14 Sami September 26, 2011 at 5:35 pm

so wait…the jt thing was MORE than once?!? why can’t he come to my gym in pa?! tell him i’ll give him a free class and everthing. (:

ha. btw, i am SEARCHING all over for the frozen greek froyo. i have yet to find it though! :(
xo.
Sami recently posted..Stonehouse 27 & Lundberg Rice Killer ComboMy Profile

15 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm

yes! he was at my gym three times when I was there.

16 Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City September 26, 2011 at 6:13 pm

ummmm Frozen Greek Yogurt???? this changes everything haha. i hope i can find it in NYC. (fingers crossed!!)

you look great in the wedding pics btw :)
Caitlin @ Vegetarian in the City recently posted..Candlenut Cake – Aussie RecipeMy Profile

17 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 26, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Umm…did you take that pic of JT??? And I LOVE my bic band that I won from you :)…it’s pretty freaking awesome!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Supersets and Chicken for OneMy Profile

18 Holly September 26, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Say whaatttt???! Is right about frozen Greek yogurt. OMG. I was even in the grocery store today, but didn’t think to look for that..since I never thought they would come out with it. I tried to make my own frozen Greek yogurt, but it’s just not the same. I’m going to be ON the HUNT for this stuff! 2 trips to the grocery store in one day..?? Why not?! ;)
Oh, and MORE wedding pictures!!! Yes yes yes :D
Holly recently posted..All The Single LadiesMy Profile

19 Sam@Sam Bock Illustration & Design September 26, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Your friend is SERIOUSLY a gorgeous bride. My goodness!!!

And the pancakes look amaaaazing, gotta try them out.
Sam@Sam Bock Illustration & Design recently posted..Envy of the Healthy-Living Blog World!My Profile

20 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie September 27, 2011 at 2:06 am

i need those bic bands!!

I am so jealous of all the JT encounters youve been having
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Eating it…LiterallyMy Profile

21 Lizzie September 27, 2011 at 12:35 pm

LOVE this post! And you look beautiful in the wedding pictures!!!
Lizzie recently posted..Freshman Year Homecoming!My Profile

22 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry September 27, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I just posted a “review” of the BIC band I won through your giveaway! The first time I tried it, it still slipped off my head :( My hair is so fine and slippery! But it did stay on longer than any other band I’ve tried, so that is a plus.
Last night I wore it to boot camp though, and after not showering for an entire day and purposely making my hair messy it stayed on!!!! No slippage! That is the ONLY band I’ve had success with.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Conehead WoesMy Profile

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I’m shocked! My hair is super slippery, too, and I’ve neeeevvveer had one slip.

24 Ali @ Ali Runs September 27, 2011 at 2:36 pm

After reading your blog, I went out and purchased three BIC bands. I’m in love!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Friday Knight 5kMy Profile

25 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Sandy should so give me a percentage. ;) I’ll endorse these things till I die.

26 Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} September 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Whaaaat! You DID NOT eat 160 cookies! Did you??
Glitter is the shit. Never look back!
Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} recently posted..Fantasmic!My Profile

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 28, 2011 at 12:14 am

hahaha no, I didn’t eat 160. more like 16. or 5. I like gross exaggerations.