Crafty Lady

September 20, 2011 · 37 comments

One of my favorite Pinterest boards is my “Crafty Lady” Board.

[Second only to my "Because I'm hair challenged" Board and my "ahah. hahah." Board.]

For obvious reasons.

But I’ve got high hopes for my next house. Since my current house is too temporary to decorate, I’m living a little bare-bones right now. So, my crafty home lust is getting stronger and stronger as I pin all the adorable ideas I keep finding and pinning. ‘Cause all I do is pin.

<— By the way, you can click that little red “P” Pinterest logo in the left sidebar to follow my pins of glory.

So, here’s a little peek of what you’ll most likely see in my next abode. If I can afford all the materials and the time to make it all happen.

I have a serious obsession with this homemade light. I need it in my life. Stat.

How simply beautiful is this? I’m all for tree branch decorating. Time to go fetch my hound dog labrador and make her find the best sticks.

Gimme those tealight mason jars accented with RAFFIA (my mom taught me that word).

How awesome is this? An old window pane + mirrors = a pretty mantel piece to brighten and widen a room.

I love this concept. I think I’d use a different color and maybe even put it in a frame to save the wall from a million holes, though.

another super pretty DIY light idea. I need to sharpen up my exacto knife skillz.

I adore this idea of linear storage for a bathroom

…and I NEED to make this adorable lamp. In different colors.

Makeup brush organization? Yes, please.

A charging station. From a bread box. I’m making this happen for my 20,948 dork gadgets. It’s genius.

A DIY single-bulb vase. Too. Cute.

GLITTER MAGNETS!!!!!!

And, ya know, for my living room. So I can lounge and drink wine (and most likely spill it all over the place).

And to whomever helps me make this happen (or buys me these adorable cookie cutters), I’ll make cookies for you that say wonderful things on them.

So now, I just need to quit both my jobs, stop running, get Chloe a babysitter, and stop painting glasses. Then, maybe I’ll have some time to make my home pretty.

Actually, speaking of painting glasses, Crystal’s bridal party and Laura’s Ravens glass are finished. :-D Finally, some productivity around here.

In the meantime, I’ll just be pinning my heart out while I’m feeling unmotivated to get anything else done.

1 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 20, 2011 at 1:33 pm

The thought of trying to drink wine in that hanging bed/couch and NOT spilling put a huge smile on my face.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Cheers to Choosing HappinessMy Profile

2 Katie September 20, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I literally have dreams about how I’ll decorate my new place..as soon as I get out of this hell hole. My favorite plan currently involves turning my dining room set into a bright color, pink yellow and aqua are front runners.

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm

you know I’d be all for that.

4 katie September 20, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Ahhhhhh I love being crafty, I was very crafty for my wedding!

I can’t wait to have a house one day and really put my crafty skills to good use!
katie recently posted..{ 3 } Magic NumberMy Profile

5 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts September 20, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I love pinning. It is a sickness really it is…. I am already stalking..er.. following you on pinterest.

6 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat September 20, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I would love to be crafty, but it’s just not a gene I inherited. I’ll stick to paying the people on Etsy for my crafty items! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Plum And Apple CrispMy Profile

7 Liz @ Something To Chew On September 20, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I have a “pinning problem”. I need detox. I’m going to follow you as soon as my computer gets it’s act together this morning :)
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..Twice As NiceMy Profile

8 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy September 20, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I am in love with that light. I might marry it. You can be a bridesmaid.
Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy recently posted..Souper, Thanks for Asking.My Profile

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm

oh come on, my introduction deserves MOH status at the very least.

10 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry September 20, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Ahh, I love so many of those things! You have great style…or, you WILL when you start decorating :) for now you have great style IDEAS.
I LOVE Pinterest! I have been meaning to start a craft pinboard but I have had zero time to pin lately. And I own my house and have not done any decorating projects in 2 years. Um…it is time. This winter!!!!

Your wine glasses are the jam.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..I Love to Eat and Everybody Knows ItMy Profile

11 Sami September 20, 2011 at 3:20 pm

OMG i’m totally getting on the pinterest bandwagon now (:

xo.
Sami recently posted..Swanson Vitamins & MoreMy Profile

12 Faith @ For the Health of It September 20, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Hey Alyssa, I know this is COMPLETELY irrelevant to your awesome crafty post, but you’re one of my favorite runner blogs and I have a quick question I wanted to ask for your expertise on :) I did a long (for me, haha) run last night – 5 miles – and I’m not sure what would be the best workout to follow up with tonight. I’m not sure if intervals, cross training or a rest day would be best. What are your thoughts? Thank you SO much!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..{Five Mile-}StonesMy Profile

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 20, 2011 at 3:45 pm

for the day after your long run, I wouldn’t hit up intervals. I’d give your legs a rest and do some upper-body lifting or cross-training! :) go by how you feel.

14 Tiffany @ texan on the run September 20, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Bahhhhh we need to be besties stat! I love the window panes with mirrors inside. I saw an artwork with oil painted clouds art with window panes over it, I thought that was neat, too!
I also love the cookie cutters and sparkly lights!!!! AND MASON JAR LIGHTS, I was actually looking on etsy to buy some but figured itd be cheaper just to buy them.
Lol cute crafts make my etsy obsession out of control, esp.since I don’t have the time to make all of them…lol and half the time I lack the talent.

…in my other life,.I would be a crafty stay home milf instead of a med student .
Tiffany @ texan on the run recently posted..in my other lifeMy Profile

15 Lauren September 20, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I am so the oppposite of crafy :( But all those DIY projects look so cute! You can just make them and send them my way. That way I won’t really be lying when I tell people they’re homemade, right?
Lauren recently posted..10 Miler, Oh YeahMy Profile

16 What Katie's Baking September 20, 2011 at 5:39 pm

oh. my. gosh. your blog layout is FABULOUS!
i love, love, love it. how’d you do it??
i haven’t quite gotten into pinning, but this looks like a good addiction to start haha

17 Alexa @ Simple Eats September 20, 2011 at 7:18 pm

LOVE all of these! I think you should create your own Etsy page with your gorgeous glasses, gadget bread boxes and wine swings. I’d buy all of it! ;)
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Veggie CandyMy Profile

18 Hannah September 20, 2011 at 7:21 pm

The amount of time I spend pinning is kind of out of control, haha.

19 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans September 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I love how inspiring that Pinterest is but its also a little dangerous. Everytime I log-in I want to get married, have a baby and eat a lot of food all at once!!
Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans recently posted..Niche-less: A Blog Without DefinitionMy Profile

20 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm

hahaha. this is so true.

21 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn September 20, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Yayyaayay now you can make a shot glass fo meeee! Slash I am obsessed with this post and definitely doing most of these in my free time to make my dorm room prettier. Instead of doing my work. #slacker #collegegirloftheyear
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..The Dorm Diet.My Profile

22 Rach September 20, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I loooove Pinterest! I am especially in love with the flowers-on-the-lamp-shade lamp! So pretty. :) And girl, I am so hair challenged… I wish I were better about doing my hair. It pretty much always looks the same, haha!
Rach recently posted..Perfect Day for a Picnic!My Profile

23 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 20, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Oh, how I love Pinterest. If only there were an extra hour in the day so I could spend more time browsing and pinning!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..The Day I Actually Liked RunningMy Profile

24 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie September 21, 2011 at 12:37 am

i want to be a professional pinner. think its possible?
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..EntertainmentMy Profile

25 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 21, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I’d so pin for a living.

26 Allison @ PickyEatingRD September 21, 2011 at 3:55 am

I wish I had the side of the brain that actually thinks of ideas like the ones above. Amazing. I need that breadbox charging dock but where do you put it? Kitchen seems logical however do I really want all my electronics there?
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..No Pics No ProbMy Profile

27 Whitney September 21, 2011 at 11:57 am

ha I’m the same way with decorating. I love the ideas and the concepts but when it actually comes down to it the process is to time consuming and difficult so I give up and go easy :(

28 Ali @ Ali Runs September 21, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I have a serious problem with Pinterest! I can be sucked into it for hours!! Lately, I’ve been all about pinning Christmas stuff. It’s September.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Tuesday Blues and Race TalkMy Profile

29 Crystal Coppel September 21, 2011 at 6:20 pm

OMG!! I just saw my wine glasses on your post!!! So exciting!! They look so pretty!! I love them!!!! I am obsessed with Pintrest too. Wedding stuff, crafts, makeup ideas, animals and of course random stuff and food. Now I am off to check out “Craft Lady” and “Because I’m Hair Challenged” I see crafts in my very near future!! :) Thank you again Alyssa!!! :)

30 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm

wahooo! and I’m UPSing them today. :)

31 Holly September 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm

RAVENS :D
Holly recently posted..Put on HoldMy Profile

32 Holly September 21, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Is that the one you sent me a picture of??
Holly recently posted..Put on HoldMy Profile

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 22, 2011 at 3:09 am

it sure is! :)

34 Lizzie September 21, 2011 at 9:36 pm

lovvvvvvvve all the decoration! it looks fabulous!
Lizzie recently posted..WIAW {larger meals toodaayy!}My Profile

35 Allison @ Happy Tales September 25, 2011 at 3:21 am

oh my monkeyballs I LOVE PINTEREST!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve only been on it since August (and hardly hop on b/c if i’m browsing i’ll get lost in there ALL DAY LONG. notevenkidding. ALLLLLLDAY.). But hot damn. I want a house soooooo badly! And i love the treebranch decor, too! and the GLITTER MAGNETS! Ryan would totally appreciate those. I just know it.

PS. Do you own your home??!? I didn’t realize this if you do!

36 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 26, 2011 at 12:06 am

hahaha. I’m sure Ryan would looove all that glitter. and I’m actually living in a house my dad is currently flipping. :)

37 kristen September 25, 2011 at 5:14 pm

those wine glasses are adorable! did you just use regular paint? (what a cute gift idea that would be!)
I havent used pininterest, but Ive seen it on other blogs as well.