A Lil’ Bit Gangsta

September 9, 2011 · 19 comments

I sat down to write a post about some of my favorite Power Couples.

(source)

Not that kind of Power Couple, V-dawg.

As I sat down to write it while listening to my new favorite playlist, I got completely distracted by my obsession with one particular song. And it’s by one of the best power couples the music industry has ever seen.

Nappy Boy. And Pretty Boy.

Who woulda guessed I have a little gangsta love in me? It’s kinda like “I’m a little bit gangsta, I’m a little bit girly girly, too.

(source)

Okay, yeah, fine. I do. I’ll overlook your little woman-beating thing.

Chris stole my heart in high school. Amiright, O.C. fans?

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t watch his VMA performance with my jaw hanging wide open. Like 6-year-old-in-front-of-Spongebob style.

(source)

Enter, T-Pain and his microphone (which, by the way, is on my Christmas list. I forsee lots and lots of entertaining wine nights with that trusty little guy).

Ever since Kiss, Kiss, the duo stole my heart.

With Best Love Song, they have captivated me all over again.

That’s right. A T-Pain and Chris Brown song captivates me. I’m the poetic type. Represent.

I’ll be singing the lyrics about Tappahannock, VA as I pass by the town on my way to D.C. this evening.

‘Cause being a little gangsta never hurt anynobody.

Except Rihanna. I guess it hurt her a little.

1 jaymee September 9, 2011 at 6:22 am

recently found your blog and i kinda love it. and i too am OBSESSED with that tpain song! its been on repeat on my grooveshark since april.
jaymee recently posted..a picnic.My Profile

2 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 9, 2011 at 10:50 am

Kiss Kiss is a permanent staple on every single “gym” playlist that I make.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Even With the Best IntentionsMy Profile

3 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Omg “Best Love Song” has been on my playlist for weeks now :D. It’s fabulous to workout to!!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Potato Jacket with Ground TurkeyMy Profile

4 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie September 9, 2011 at 1:14 pm

im a total gangsta lova. lets have a rap-off. winner treats the other to fro-yo
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Tofu TrickMy Profile

5 Lindsey @ Stink and Hincks September 9, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Loving all of these, even Chris Beat-her-down Brown/…But what about Eminem? He is ALWAYS on my playlist. Detroit yo 🙂
Lindsey @ Stink and Hincks recently posted..i’ve got the blues…My Profile

6 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite September 9, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Chris Brown’s Forever is still one of my faves…I don’t care how played out it is!!! Have a great weekend!
Rachel @ The Avid Appetite recently posted..Butternut Squash Macaroni + CheeseMy Profile

7 Dorsa @ Running Thoughts September 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I heart Chris Brown..

That is all that needs to be said here
Dorsa @ Running Thoughts recently posted..Rain, Rain, GO AWAYMy Profile

8 julie September 9, 2011 at 4:45 pm

haha umm bein a little gansta did leave rhianna with some not so attractive face bruises…

hahahahaha i just had to, i’m sorry.
julie recently posted..time spentMy Profile

9 Lauren September 9, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Bahahaha, can you really buy that microphone?! If only I had that in my life. I momentarily forgot Breezy was on The O.C. Only the best show ever! Off to download this song!
Lauren recently posted..Friday Fun FactsMy Profile

10 lindsay September 10, 2011 at 1:32 am

okay, do I know these songs? I should, shouldn’t i? or am I getting too old? sad!
lindsay recently posted..Funny FridayMy Profile

11 sara @ the foodie diaries September 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm

The other day my best friend and I got into a debate with our cab driver about power couples and how P. Diddy is legit, but Beyonce and JayZ are the ULTIMATE power couple hahahaha

I’m right there next to you in that gangsta’s paradise 😉
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..Through the Years: Sophomore StrugglesMy Profile

12 Allison @ PickyEatingRD September 12, 2011 at 3:54 am

V-dog drives me crazy. The last fight between her and Casey drove was just ridic. Their relationship is the type I have seen my friends in when we were in college and it drove me absolutely nuts!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Flat Top GrillMy Profile

13 Stephanie September 12, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Chris Brown and T-Pain really are a gangster power couple. But I have to admit, I’m a little partial to anything that includes Lil’ Wayne. Look at me Now = instant amazingness.
Stephanie recently posted..Monday Morning Musings AKA Why Youtube is Like CrackMy Profile